Weekend Playlist - 6/6 edition

Gratch
Gratch
With a holiday right in the middle, this has felt like a really weird week. Somehow we're back at the weekend, not sure how that happened.

It may be the end of an era in the Gratch household, as I think I'm going to trade in both my WiiU and 3DS today. I haven't turned on either one since I got my Switch, and they're simply collecting dust at this point. I'm the tiniest bit tempted to keep the 3DS, just so I can still play Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and Pocket Card Jockey.

Gamewise, I'm still working my way through Assassin's Creed Origins, although I feel my enthusiasm starting to wane a bit. I think I'm about halfway through (at least according to some guides I looked at), and while it's still fun, it's starting to feel a little same-y. One can only clear out so many forts and pile up so many dead bodies in bushes before it gets kinda old, y'know?

Not sure what else I'll be playing this weekend. Might end up with something new from my trade credit. I'm a bit loath to start anything significant, with Octopath Traveler coming out next week (early reviews are amazing, btw). I rolled a new Neverwinter toon earlier this week and got up to the mid-levels, but am not sure how invested I am in that whole grind. Maybe I'll restart Aragami...been meaning to revising that one, and ACO has me in a stealthy mood.

Comments

• katamaris4ever
    katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    Trade your Wii U but not your 3DS. There's still a few games coming out like Warioware Gold and the original Luigi's Mansion. (If you haven't played Warioware before, there's a demo available now I think?)

As for me, there's one game I'm reviewing that I won't be able to talk about until embargo lifts, but it's pretty cool. Also, gonna be playing some Miles & Kilo and Pocket Rumble. Waited for the latter ever since the Switch's launch, and I might also buy Ape Escape 2 on PS4 since it's on sale and I haven't played the original release.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I spent Wednesday parked on the couch playing Forza 5 and Rainbox Six Siege on the Bone. I will probably do the same for some of the weekend.

Also, it's time for some yard work.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I really ought to get back to God of War... or start watching Luke Cage... or maybe go all the way back to Final Fantasy XV. I still have Uncharted 4 in shrink. Maybe try to get the 12yo to play some more Gloomhaven. Definitely going to do some running... probably.

OK, so my plans are to do, play or watch something. It's going to happen!
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Trade your Wii U but not your 3DS. There's still a few games coming out like Warioware Gold and the original Luigi's Mansion. (If you haven't played Warioware before, there's a demo available now I think?)

While neither of those interest me, I did come across multiple glowing reviews of Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology. Think I might have to give that one a look before ditching the system.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to play this weekend. I bought like 20+ games in the Steam sale, and when I finally got my gaming/desktop PC hooked a couple weeks after moving I had more than 60 Steam games that needed updates and they completely sucked up all my free gigs so I couldn't even install The Crew 2. :anguished:

It's also my nephew's birthday and my brother's wife is in the hospital, so kind of a hectic weekend.

But I'll probably dig into Steamworld Dig 2 and Wreckfest when I get time, and then we'll see.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    I ended up finishing my first playthrough of Detroit Become Human late last night. Sadly, did not get the trophy for everyone surviving. :'( So many different choices and paths not taken and now need to decide how much to go back and do differently. The statistics on the flowcharts add an interesting aspect to this, especially after I found out that one particularly bad series of choices ending up with my first character death was a path only taken by 1% of all players. :s
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    With a holiday right in the middle, this has felt like a really weird week. Somehow we're back at the weekend, not sure how that happened.

It may be the end of an era in the Gratch household, as I think I'm going to trade in both my WiiU and 3DS today. I haven't turned on either one since I got my Switch, and they're simply collecting dust at this point. I'm the tiniest bit tempted to keep the 3DS, just so I can still play Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and Pocket Card Jockey.

Gamewise, I'm still working my way through Assassin's Creed Origins, although I feel my enthusiasm starting to wane a bit. I think I'm about halfway through (at least according to some guides I looked at), and while it's still fun, it's starting to feel a little same-y. One can only clear out so many forts and pile up so many dead bodies in bushes before it gets kinda old, y'know?

Not sure what else I'll be playing this weekend. Might end up with something new from my trade credit. I'm a bit loath to start anything significant, with Octopath Traveler coming out next week (early reviews are amazing, btw). I rolled a new Neverwinter toon earlier this week and got up to the mid-levels, but am not sure how invested I am in that whole grind. Maybe I'll restart Aragami...been meaning to revising that one, and ACO has me in a stealthy mood.

Spent the majority of my weekend with Neverwinter. I’m not really sure why, tbh. It’s not that great a game and there’s certainly better MMOs out there, but there’s something about it that just brings me back every year or so. It’s the gaming equivalent of comfort food, I suppose. Got my Trickster Rogue up to 58, and have managed to see quite a bit more of the game than I did on previous play-throught.

Picked up Conan Exiles in the Humble Bundle...and quickly confirmed my suspicion that survival games just aren’t my thing. Like, at all.

Picked up Dragons Crown Pro on PS4 as well. It’s a game I remember enjoying when I had a Vita, and it’s been fun to revisit. Played a few levels of Aragami, but don’t think it’s something I’ll be spending much time with again.

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I would happily trade our *DSes for a second switch if I could do it even up.
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I really ought to get back to God of War... or start watching Luke Cage... or maybe go all the way back to Final Fantasy XV. I still have Uncharted 4 in shrink. Maybe try to get the 12yo to play some more Gloomhaven. Definitely going to do some running... probably.

OK, so my plans are to do, play or watch something. It's going to happen!

So... none of that. Replayed The Surge on PC (originally played it on PS4). I actually started it back in January when it was on sale with the expansion. I played up to the second boss back then. I started from there on Friday and finished before work this morning. With all the other stuff to play on my list up above, I may just make a NG+ run for giggles.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to play this weekend. I bought like 20+ games in the Steam sale, and when I finally got my gaming/desktop PC hooked a couple weeks after moving I had more than 60 Steam games that needed updates and they completely sucked up all my free gigs so I couldn't even install The Crew 2. :anguished:

It's also my nephew's birthday and my brother's wife is in the hospital, so kind of a hectic weekend.

But I'll probably dig into Steamworld Dig 2 and Wreckfest when I get time, and then we'll see.

Yeah, I didn't touch any of that yet. I decided to try out a few of the smaller games I had purchased in the sale, spent a bit of time in Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse and then finally tried out Vermintide II which feels much better to me than the first one for some reason (maybe only because my Quickplay matches always had me as the server?).