What are you buying this week? (April 15, 2018)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
edited April 16 in Video Games
Man, I already curated and wrote out this whole thing and then lost the post because the site wouldn't let me edit my saved draft. So I may have missed a few the second time around.

Anyway, a couple big releases this week. Buying anything?

Big Names
God of War
Nintendo Labo
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Genre Gems
Atomic Heist
Phantom Trigger
Pinball FX3 - Star Wars Pinball: The Last Jedi DLC
Space Hulk: Ascension
War for the Overworld - The Under Games Expansion DLC

Notable Early Access
Hero Academy 2

And the whole list:

PC
Absolute Blue
American Railroads - Summit River & Pine Valley
Atomic Heist
The Big Journey
Casey Powell Lacrosse 18
City Bus Simulator 2018
Dr. Cares - Amy's Pet Clinic
Dr. Pills (no relation...)
Draw Near
Fairyland: Chronicle
Fast Beat Loop Racer GT
Flying Aces - Navy Pilot Simulator (VR)
Geeste
Healer's Quest
House Flipper
Keepsake
Kolb Antarctica Experience (VR)
Micro Pico Racers
Mushroom Heroes
Outrunner 2
Oscillatron: Alien Frequency
Pinball FX3 - Star Wars Pinball: The Last Jedi DLC
Puzzle With Your Friends
Rogue Buddies - Aztek Gold
Royal Adventure
Secret Little Haven
Space God
Space Pilgrim Academy: Year 2
Stay
Techwars Deathmatch
Tempest Citadel
War for the Overworld - The Under Games Expansion DLC
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Xbox One
Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition
Atomic Heist
Babylon 2055 Pinball
Casey Powell Lacrosse 18
Don’t Starve Mega Pack
I, Hope
Phantom Trigger
Space Hulk: Ascension

PS4
Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition
Casey Powell Lacrosse 18
Don’t Starve Mega Pack
Drive on Moscow
God of War
Gunhouse
Metal Max Xeno
Phantom Trigger
Slyde
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Switch
BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers
Death Road to Canada
It’s Spring Again
Neo ATLAS 1469
Nintendo Labo Customization Set
Nintendo Labo Robot Kit
Nintendo Labo Variety Kit
R.B.I. Baseball 18
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special [Arcade Archives - NeoGeo]
The Way Remastered
Wild Guns: Reloaded

3DS

Vita
Metal Max Xeno

Comments

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Pre ordered God of War yesterday. Can’t wait.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    God of War for me as well. Preordered it as a birthday gift to myself.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Man, I already curated and wrote out this whole thing and then lost the post because the site wouldn't let me edit my saved draft. So I may have missed a few the second time around.

Nothing for me this week.

Just as an FYI, and maybe being a bit pedantic, when I work on long forum posts I occasionally do a Cntl+A to highlight the text, Cntl+C to copy and then Cntl+V to paste it into an empty .txt file. I picked up this habit a few years ago when I had a situation of my internet being wonky and losing a few of what I'm sure were extremely erudite and profound forum posts. Or so I tell myself :)
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Went from curiously optimistic to psyched as hell for God of War! Is anyone getting the Deluxe version? It doesn't seem worth it, but I'm curious what others think.

I'm also getting the Pinball FX3 Last Jedi table.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator

It isn't my birthday but I preordered it as well.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    Went from curiously optimistic to psyched as hell for God of War! Is anyone getting the Deluxe version? It doesn't seem worth it, but I'm curious what others think.

FX3 tables used to be a day one purchase. I was so underwhelmed by the last few, that this one goes on the back burner for now.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    farley2k wrote: »
    Same! LOL
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Nada.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Bullwinkle wrote: »

FX3 tables used to be a day one purchase. I was so underwhelmed by the last few, that this one goes on the back burner for now.

I admit, it may be more of a habit than a desire, but I do still enjoy the series.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    God of War will go on the someday list. My birthday is next month so maybe I'll let someone else buy it for me. It would have been a total pass, but the hype got me to watch one video covering it and I think I have to get it.

I am still finishing up Kingdom Come Deliverance and with Battletech hitting next week I don't have time for it right now.
  • YellowKing
    YellowKing
    GT Member
    I bought GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS, so Ubisoft's free weekend promotion worked on me.

I never realized it was open world, or I'd have probably been more interested at launch. I understand the good-not-great reviews because like all Ubisoft open world games it can get a little repetitive, but I'm having a blast with it. For the price, it's been a nice little filler until Far Cry 5 goes on sale.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    YellowKing wrote: »
    I bought GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS, so Ubisoft's free weekend promotion worked on me.

I never realized it was open world, or I'd have probably been more interested at launch. I understand the good-not-great reviews because like all Ubisoft open world games it can get a little repetitive, but I'm having a blast with it. For the price, it's been a nice little filler until Far Cry 5 goes on sale.

Yeah, that game is really good! I should actually go back to it, I think it satisfies my open world desires much better than Far Cry 5 does. Or at least gives more options for stealth and observation that I felt were missing in FC5.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    farley2k wrote: »

Then, for some reason I upgraded the the PS4 Pro bundle. I don't even have a 4k tv so I know I won't notice much difference but it looked so pretty.....
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I wasn’t planning on getting God of War but then I saw the excitement here and started reading the reviews.

I have limited willpower to begin with but after all that I was just searching for the best way to buy it lol. Ended up preordering the Collectors Edition from Best Buy, which claims I can pick it up on Friday. Otherwise I was ready to go with the Stone Mason edition but Amazon had a poor delivery date.
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    Yakuza 6!

A curse and blight be upon each of you that refuses to buy this game.......unless you haven't played Yakuza 0-5.

BUT an even greater curse be upon each of you that has not played the remarkable Yakuza 0!