What are you buying this week? (February 11, 2018)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
edited February 12 in Video Games
Big Names
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Dynasty Warriors 9
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Secret of Mana

Genre Gems
Algo Bot
Claybook
Crossing Souls
Dead Maze
The Fall Part 2: Unbound
Fe
Fossil Hunters
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame
Owlboy
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

Notable in Early Access and Beta
Metal Gear Survive [2nd Beta]

And the whole list:

PC
Algo Bot
The Alpha Device
Bit-Boom
Crossing Souls
Dead Maze
Dynasty Warriors 9
Far Out
Fe
Fossil Hunters
Great Hunt: North America
Guilt Battle Arena
King of the Eggs
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
The Longest Five Minutes
National Rugby Manager
Qubika
Roguemance
Secret of Mana
Viki Spotter: Megapolis

Xbox One
Claybook (Game Preview Program)
Dynasty Warriors 9
Fe
Owlboy
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Steel Division: Normandy 44 - Back to Hell DLC

PS4
A Certain Magical Virtual-On
Crossing Souls
CubeWorks
Drunkn Bar Fight (PSVR)
Dynasty Warriors 9
Fe
Guilt Battle Arena
Knockout League (PSVR)
The Longest Five Minutes
Mahjong Carnival
Owlboy
Pinstripe
Pop-Up Pilgrims (PSVR)
Schacht
Secret of Mana
Slice, Dice & Rice
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Sprint Vector (PSVR)
True Fear: Forsaken Souls – Part 1

Switch
Aqua Kitty UDX
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Fe
Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf
Johnny Turbo's Arcade: Gate Of Doom
The Longest Five Minutes
Millie
Owlboy
Pool BILLIARD
Samurai Aces for Nintendo Switch
TorqueL -Physics Modified Edition-
Wanderjahr TryAgainOrWalkAway
Xeodrifter

3DS
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

Vita
A Certain Magical Virtual-On
The Longest Five Minutes
Secret of Mana

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I will be watching the reviews and response to Kingdom Come: Deliverance very closely. It seems really cool from an RPG standpoint, but I'm curious if the combat came out satisfying in the end.

Also interested in Fe. I feel really bad for their choice of name, as it has terrible search-ability and pronunciation in English.

And I'll see what JZTemple things of Monster Energy Supercross, letting him be the guinea pig for once, haha.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member edited February 12
    Owlboy is supposed to be amazing (it should maybe be in the "genre gems" section, even), and I've been waiting for the console release.

I've also got my eye on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Secret of Mana.

I thought I'd played Secret of Mana in reboot form on the Vita, maybe? Or DS or something? But I don't see a listing for that version anywhere. Maybe I'm thinking of a different game.
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    I pre purchased Kingdom Come Deliverance, but I anticipate a bloody, buggy mess upon release. Purchased it to support the developers.

I agree that Fe was a horrible name choice, but I'm watching that one closely.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance is on my watch list, but with Monster Hunter World owning my game time, I am definitely wait and see on anything else... until the big March releases anyway.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Nothing for me. My backlog is screaming at me already.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    To date, the only RPG I've ever finished was Final Fantasy Adventures, which is actually the first Mana game. Secret of Mana sounds interesting to add to my backlog, but I'm not paying $40 for it.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    Owlboy is supposed to be amazing (it should maybe be in the "genre gems" section, even), and I've been waiting for the console release.

Yeah, I'm never quite sure how to deal with late ports...I feel like sometimes that section gets too bloated as it is to the point where nobody will pay attention if I add all the cool ports as well. But then very good games like that go unmentioned, so...?

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member edited February 12
    EngineNo9 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm never quite sure how to deal with late ports...I feel like sometimes that section gets too bloated as it is to the point where nobody will pay attention if I add all the cool ports as well. But then very good games like that go unmentioned, so...?

Good point. It's been so long that I almost forgot it was a port!

Still, I guess the point of that section is to highlight games that people might not want to miss, right?
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »

Good point. It's been so long that I almost forgot it was a port!

Still, I guess the point of that section is to highlight games that people might not want to miss, right?

Yeah, very true. I'll try adding more of those sorts of games and see how people feel after a few weeks of those.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    Although I didn't know it till a couple of hours ago, I'm buying (rather, have purchased) Kingdom Come: Deliverance for the PC on Steam. I got it for 20% off via Green Man Gaming, code "Feb20" which might only work if you have an account.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Well, it's looking like Owlboy is only out this week for the Switch and that PS4/XBone releases are coming later.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Dynasty Warriors 9

Next game, Crackdown 3? Sea of Thieves?