Weekend playlist - 11/10 edition

Gratch
Gonna be a busy weekend. Today is mom's first birthday since dad passed back in September, so we're going to try and keep her busy to keep her mind off of it. Tomorrow is swim lessons for the kids, then straight to the Utah/Wazzu game in the afternoon. Sunday is a big family get-together. Sheesh...how did things get so damn busy?

I'm still working through (and really enjoying) Y's VIII. If you enjoy either JRPG's or action RPG's, this is a must buy. I've heard that they're releasing a complete re-translation sometime next year, but I haven't seen anything bad enough to warrant waiting. It truly is a fantastic game.

Probably mess around some more with Final Fantasy Dimensions II, and might give the new Styx game a try. Downloaded it last weekend, but haven't fired it up yet (I'm terrible at multi-tasking games, and don't want to get distracted from Y's).

What's on your gaming plate?

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    I was gonna say Sonic Forces, but I just beat the game yesterday. Sure, it has its problems, but it isn't terrible (though I do enjoy the 3D Sonic games, so there's that). Hmm, this is probably the first week in a while where I didn't grab a new game, so I'll be revisiting some other stuff (Super Mario Odyssey obviously) to bide my time.
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Finish up homework, study the week's material, and start on the midterm that's due Wednesday, finish it if possible. That, and shoot some people in PUBG.
  • coopasonic
    GT Member
    Continue dying my way through Nioh on PC...
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Well, I have to take care of my nephew tonight and have a meetup tomorrow, but if I get time I'd love to dig into Nioh on PC since I gave in to the GMG sale.
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Doom on Switch, more Wolfenstein II (hopefully), maybe even some tabletop gaming on Saturday

Gotta clear the deck for Battlefront II next week....

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• JoshDevlin
    GT Editor
    I'm sick, so I'll be indoors all weekend. I'll be sleeping a lot, but when I'm awake it will be Star Wars: Battlefront II and Assassin's Creed Origins.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I hope to put time into

SuperMarioOdyssey1.png
  • OrangeKyle
    GT Editor
    I'm still playing Fire Emblem Warriors. Gotta get all those A+ Support conversations! If I finish that, then I'll probably pick up where I left off in Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War. I've also been replaying Fire Emblem 14: Fates (Revelation path) recently, and I've been meaning to record footage of Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance for a video on Chapter 5 of that game. And then of course, there's the Voting Gauntlet in Fire Emblem Heroes to participate in (Team Shanna for the win)!

...You know, now that I've written out all of that, it almost seems like I might be devoting a little too much of my time to this series...
  • damphyr
    GT Editor
    Slow and steady here... still working on Stardew Valley, though I'm basically at an impasse due to the museum bug, and still playing with Visual Novel Builder. Holding out eager hope that I'll have something new Monday...
  • Purge
    GT Member
    So tempted to just run through the Battlefront II 10hr via EA Access.

I have CODWWII, GR:Wildlands and a bunch of XB1X enhanced games I've held off on.

We'll see. I can definitely see me putting time into GR though.
  • coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »

I forgot Diablo 3 Season 12 just opened so I might, just might, play around with that a bit too, if Nioh makes me too mad.
  • MonkeyFinger
    GT Member edited November 11
    The Frozen Wilds. And just got my $1 SteamLink working, now need to set it up in my Harmony.
  • Harkonis
    GT Member
    finally got affiliate status on twitch so I'll be streaming a ton on there. this weekend it's CoD WWII, Ghost War and Fortnite with a side of Warframe. Star Wars coming soon.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member

I forgot Diablo 3 Season 12 just opened so I might, just might, play around with that a bit too, if Nioh makes me too mad.

What difficulty are you playing Nioh on?
  • coopasonic
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »

I don't think there is a difficulty setting at least not on the first play through. I think you get a harder option after you have beaten it. I think it is a little easier than Bloodborne and the Souls games. It is *much* easier to navigate. It is broken up into distinct mission areas and there isn't any of the crazy navigational complexity of the Souls games.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member

I don't think there is a difficulty setting at least not on the first play through. I think you get a harder option after you have beaten it. I think it is a little easier than Bloodborne and the Souls games. It is *much* easier to navigate. It is broken up into distinct mission areas and there isn't any of the crazy navigational complexity of the Souls games.

Aah, well I guess if it's a bit easier than Bloodborne and Dark Souls by default, that will hopefully be OK for me.

Glad to hear that it's broken up and more navigable, that was never my favorite part of those other games.
  • Gratch
    GT Member
    OMG, so much Y's VIII. My fingers actually have blisters from playing so much. That hasn't happened in a loooong time.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Well, I have to take care of my nephew tonight and have a meetup tomorrow, but if I get time I'd love to dig into Nioh on PC since I gave in to the GMG sale.

I did try out Nioh a little bit, right up until I hit some armored knights that could kill me in one hit. Losing progress a couple times made me quit since I was short on patience.

I ended up playing more of The Crew on PC. I had mostly played it on Xbox after it was released, so it was nice to try it at Ultra settings and 60fps. It's also really cool that they are adding objectives every month that allow you to unlock cars in The Crew 2 by completing them in the original.

That game got really good over time, especially with the Calling All Units open world stuff that basically makes it like Burnout Paradise meets NFS: Most Wanted. I wish more people gave it a second chance, but maybe that will happen with the sequel next year.
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    Finish up homework, study the week's material, and start on the midterm that's due Wednesday, finish it if possible. That, and shoot some people in PUBG.

Pretty much it. Damn, do I hate this class.
  • coopasonic
    GT Member

I did try out Nioh a little bit, right up until I hit some armored knights that could kill me in one hit. Losing progress a couple times made me quit since I was short on patience.

I ended up playing more of The Crew on PC. I had mostly played it on Xbox after it was released, so it was nice to try it at Ultra settings and 60fps. It's also really cool that they are adding objectives every month that allow you to unlock cars in The Crew 2 by completing them in the original.

That game got really good over time, especially with the Calling All Units open world stuff that basically makes it like Burnout Paradise meets NFS: Most Wanted. I wish more people gave it a second chance, but maybe that will happen with the sequel next year.

I am going to post some stuff in the Nioh thread so I will address your comment there.

What is this about The Crew 2 unlocks and why aren't they telling me about it? I never got the expansions because I was never sure what to get because it seemed like a re-release with new content that I would have to buy again. I really enjoyed The Crew and am looking forward to 2. Unfortunately the apparently terrible NFS: Payback is finally arriving today so I doubt I will be checking it out.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member

I am going to post some stuff in the Nioh thread so I will address your comment there.

What is this about The Crew 2 unlocks and why aren't they telling me about it? I never got the expansions because I was never sure what to get because it seemed like a re-release with new content that I would have to buy again. I really enjoyed The Crew and am looking forward to 2. Unfortunately the apparently terrible NFS: Payback is finally arriving today so I doubt I will be checking it out.

Yeah! So if you play The Crew now, you can unlock cars in The Crew 2 by reaching certain accomplishments (some of which you probably already did if you played the game for a while) as well as a few bonus for completing 5/10/15 of them. You can see what you need to do and check your progress if you log in here, with new rewards goals being added every month:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-crew/#201290229

Also, they ended up going a pretty good route with the expansions. Everybody still all plays in the same world so all of the in-world areas and stuff is accessible to anybody (like the crazy ramps and stuff from The Wild Run), but the new classes of vehicles and missions aren't.

However, even if you don't own Calling All Units you can still take part in being a cop and chasing other people who are running crates. It's quite cool, as at any time you can get a notification that there's a chase going on and just hit a couple buttons to join in on your current side for a 4v4 cross-country chase (with AI cops if nobody is on that side). You get NFS-like powerups to cause EMPs, flashbangs, etc to help take down the one running the crate or to put off the cops. Basically after I got invited to one chase as soon as it ended I was invited to another one, so I just kept joining for several in a row a few different times throughout the day.

Anyway, I only had the core game on PC but picked up the full shebang of the Ultimate Edition last week when it was on sale for $18 at Humble and that seemed totally worthwhile to me.
  • coopasonic
    GT Member

Yeah! So if you play The Crew now, you can unlock cars in The Crew 2 by reaching certain accomplishments (some of which you probably already did if you played the game for a while) as well as a few bonus for completing 5/10/15 of them. You can see what you need to do and check your progress if you log in here, with new rewards goals being added every month:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-crew/#201290229

Very cool and yeah I have like half of the goals unlocked from my previous play. I reinstalled The Crew last night and will load it up and see if I have interest again (when I am not playing Nioh, Diablo 3 or NFS:Payback)
  • coopasonic
    GT Member
    With that news about The Crew you may have just saved me from NFS: Payback. Thank you!