Dungeon Lords Demo available tommorrow

2»

Comments

• RedJak
    RedJak
    GT Member
    Destructor wrote:
    Remember that in the demo, hitting the R key will revive you on the spot.

Yes, I very highly doubt that you'll be able to do this in the final, but it's there for the demo. It's buried somewhere near the end of the 'tutorial' instructions that everybody seems to just skip over as it's confusing and boring to read through it all.

You got me there. I do remember skipping past a few pages of key bindings.

I also hit the end of the demo and either the exp rewards were cranked up a bit or this is just one of those games that allows you to feel like a badass in areas weak for your character but then smacks you hard when you enter a tougher one.

I may play around with it again and wander the outdoors. I did very little of that.
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon
    GT Member
    Anyone see how to uninstall this? I dont seem to have an "uninstall" option from the game itself and there is nothing in windows "Add/Remove" programs.
  • -Lord Ebonstone-
    -Lord Ebonstone-
    GT Member
    Abaddon wrote:
    Anyone see how to uninstall this? I dont seem to have an "uninstall" option from the game itself and there is nothing in windows "Add/Remove" programs.
    Delete the folder.
  • Destructor
    Destructor
    GT Member
    Abaddon wrote:

Delete the folder.

LE is correct - known bug with the demo. Just delete the folder.
  • ChrisGwinn
    ChrisGwinn
    Destructor wrote:
    Abaddon wrote:

Delete the folder.

LE is correct - known bug with the demo. Just delete the folder.

Wow, they really weren't trying at all with this demo, were they?
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    generally, time spent making the demo is time not spent making the game. And in the crunch time before release, time is a valuable commodity.

I cant say I would be happy with buggy demos, but I pretty much dont install them anymore because I understand that they are buggy almost by necessity.

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
    PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

• ChrisGwinn
    ChrisGwinn
    generally, time spent making the demo is time not spent making the game. And in the crunch time before release, time is a valuable commodity.

I cant say I would be happy with buggy demos, but I pretty much dont install them anymore because I understand that they are buggy almost by necessity.

My worry from what I see here is that the sort of bugs people are reporting (lack of an uninstaller, resolution problems, sticky keys problems, can't lose focus and continue working) seem to indicate a lack of understanding of the windows platform and a lack of even cursory QA. How do you not know that your demo can't be uninstalled? Did you even try to use it before you shipped it?

I haven't installed the demo, but they either rolled their own installer or used an off-the-shelf toolkit. If they built their own tools and didn't include an uninstall feature than that doesn't speak real strongly to either their judgement or their abilities. If they used InstallShield/Wise/MSI/whatever and screwed it up badly enough that there's no uninstall, that's even worse - that's a feature that's there by default and doesn't require any work to implement.
  • Falator
    Falator
    can anyone explain the magic system? at first glance it looks like you can only use each spell X amount of times, but then how would a pure magic user get through the game if he couldn't cast any spells after one or two fights?

the idea of slowing time and stuff like that strikes my interest, but after using all of my spells, i just messed around with a warrior.
  • gilgamex
    gilgamex
    GT Member
    Yikes...

This demo is terrible. I was looking forward to this one because of the promised co-op play, but now I am not so sure. I love the fixed resolution and awkward controls.

Oh well.
  • Destructor
    Destructor
    GT Member
    They say that a good demo will draw the flock into stores to buy a game.

A bad demo will keep people away for good, no matter how loud you say 'it was an early beta'.

Roughly translated - the devs goofed up bad by releasing this demo. I was looking forward to this too, but now I'm going to wait for reviews instead of making it a day 1 purchase.
  • Roguetad
    Roguetad
    GT Member
    They were insane to release that demo, unless they didn't want people to buy the game. Did they even play the demo? I have no idea what the final game will be like, but wow, that was a stinker early impression. I can't remember the last time I've had to manually delete a folder to uninstall a game or demo.