Weekend playlist - Long Thanksgiving weekend 2018

Gratch
Gratch
Since the 4-day weekend starts for most of us in the US, I figured we could get this thread started a little early as well. :)

After picking it up for $20 in PSN's "Black Friday" sale, I've decided to give Persona 5 another go. I feel like, for whatever reason, it rubbed me so wrong the first time around that I didn't really give it a legit shot. Played through the first couple hours last night, and it felt much better this time. For some reason, things just all seemed to work more smoothly, and I spent less time wandering around trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. We'll see if that sticks.

Also picked up the Horizons Complete Edition for $15 on PSN, and may restart that as well. I never did get around to trying the expansion content. Also been messing around with a Necro in Guild Wars 2 and that might get a few hours.

Other than that, it's just family craziness, and the Utah/BYU game on Saturday night. It's an 8:00 game with snow in the forecast...I'm gonna freeze to death. :)

What's on your plate?

Comments

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Fallout 76 has been soaking up my time. I really ought to get back to RDR2, but we'll see if I get bored of FO76.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    I am 103 hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it feels like I am only 50% finished with the game, so I'll still be plugging away at it.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I've spent more time trying to get the Lost Ark Online open beta (only available in Korean currently) to work than anything else lately. If I can get it to stop crashing I'll try to get some time in on it.

If not, I still want to get Fallout 76 installed and see what it's like.

Other than that, probably a lot of mobile: D3 on Switch, new Kingdom Rush on iPad.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    rittchard wrote: »
    If not, I still want to get Fallout 76 installed and see what it's like.

It's like Fallout without a main quest or any of the factions. On the plus side, no Preston Garvey!
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Probably more Earthfall, Strange Brigade, World War 3. Maybe some Killing Floor 2. I think I am in a very specific rut...

And whatever I end up buying the the Steam and other store Black Friday sales.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Nothing on Steam’s sale is very interesting, so hopefully I can avoid some impulse purchases that I’ll never play anyways.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    School work, cleaning, cooking, more school work...

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I’m so weak...couldn’t resist Nier Automata for 50% off. Been meaning to give that one another go anyways.
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    I bought the Psvr bundle and its really good. I have the other vr headsets and its pretty close visually to those and much more comfortable. RE7 never came to pcvr so im excited to replay the game in vr.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I had a productive weekend with lots of gaming time, and - amazingly - actually stuck with what I had originally planned.

- Was able to really dig into Persona 5, getting through the first castle (and half of the next) at around 16 hours. While I like it, I'm not sure I "spend 100 hours with it" like it. The social aspects and story are interesting, but the combat is still generally boring as hell and I generally find most of the characters annoying as hell. Still, I'm glad I gave it another go.
    - Played through the first few areas of Nier Automata. Still trying to decide if it's worth a replay or not, but it looks great on PC
    - Got my Necro up to 32 in GW2.