Buy things this week! (November 11, 2018)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
edited November 12 in Video Games
Obviously everybody is picking up My Riding Stables - Life with Horses this week, but with plenty of releases what else catches your eyes?

Big Names
Battlefield V - Deluxe Edition only
Fallout 76
Fortnite: Deep Freeze Bundle
Hitman 2 (non-Gold versions)
Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee!
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - The Forge DLC
Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Genre Gems
Bad North
Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Expansion
Distraint 2
EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion
HELLGATE: London
Little Dragons Café
Project Highrise: Architect's Edition
The Room Three
Slime Rancher: VR Playground DLC
Surviving Mars: Space Race DLC
This War of Mine: Stories - The Last Broadcast (ep. 2) DLC
Underworld Ascendant
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus

Notable Early Access

Hardware
Nintendo Switch Pikachu Edition with Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! + Poke Ball Plus Hardware Bundle
Nintendo Switch Eevee Edition with Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! + Poke Ball Plus Hardware Bundle
Poke Ball Plus

And the whole list:

PC
Bad North
Battlefield V - Deluxe Edition
Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Expansion
Distraint 2
Dead Dungeon
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2019
Duke Dashington Remastered
EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion
Fallout 76
Golf Peaks
HELLGATE: London
Hitman 2
The Kite
Little Dragons Café
The Lost Legends of Redwall: Escape the Gloomer
Lovecraft Quest - A Comix Game
Mars: Chaos Menace
Order of Battle: Endsieg DLC
Oriental Empires: Genghis DLC
Owl Watch
The Room Three
Slime Rancher: VR Playground DLC
Surviving Mars: Marsvision Song Contest DLC
Surviving Mars: Colony Design Set DLC
Surviving Mars: Space Race DLC
This War of Mine: Stories - The Last Broadcast (ep. 2) DLC
Treasure Hunter Simulator
Undead & Beyond
Underworld Ascendant
Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus
Wildlife Park 3 - Africa DLC
Windlands 2 (VR)

Xbox One
Fallout 76
Hitman 2
The Long Journey Home
The Sims 4 - Seasons Expansion
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Youtubers Life: OMG Edition

PS4
Chimparty
Emerald Shores
Fallout 76
Gnomes Garden: New Home
Hitman 2
Just Deal With It!
Knowledge is Power: Decades
The Long Journey Home
Mars: Chaos Menace
Monkey King: Master of the Clouds
My Riding Stables - Life with Horses
The Quiet Man
Runner3
The Sims 4 - Seasons Expansion
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon
Ticket To Ride
Wordhunters

Switch
Chalk Dash Carnival
Circle of Sumo
Heavy Barrel
M.A.C.E. Space Shooter
Mimpi Dreams
Mother Russia Bleeds
My Riding Stables - Life with Horses
Palm Reading Premium
Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee!
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
Solitaire Battle Royal
Tinboy
Trailblazers

3DS

Vita
Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut

Comments

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I am actually more excited for Spyro than I was for RDR2.

I will download the Tomb Raider DLC, too.

I will also get Battlefield V, but I'm not sure which version yet, so I don't know if it'll be this week or next.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I *think* I got the season pass for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but I am not going to reinstall for it.
    I pre-ordered Fallout 76, but have very close to no interest in it after playing the Beta.
    I am curious about the relaunch of Hellgate: London - but not curious enough to buy it.
    I am more interested in Hitman 2, but I can wait for a sale.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited November 11
    Wait...Hellgate London? Is this the same awful, buggy, completely unfinished mess released a decade ago that we were all so disappointed with?

I loved Spyro, but will probably wait for a price drop or three. As the Crash remasters proved, not all of my favorites from that era have aged gracefully.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited November 11
    Gratch wrote: »
    Wait...Hellgate London? Is this the same awful, buggy, completely unfinished mess released a decade ago that we were all so disappointed with?

Same game essentially, but it's been updated with the Hellgate: Tokyo content and other fixes and enhancements from the Asian version apparently. And I think it might be single player only?

So not exactly a remaster but a relaunching, which might be good if all those bugs are fixed and things are smoothed out to reach some of its original potential.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    And despite telling myself there was no reason to, I ended up buying Hitman 2 because GMG has a 30% off coupon. :anguished:

I have the Surviving Mars DLC pass, so I guess I'm getting that new content this week.

Very curious to see how Underworld Ascendant turned out, but I'll be waiting on reviews and impressions.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Expansion and Surviving Mars: Space Race DLC, maybe.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    I backed Underworld Ascendant so there's that. And been talking about The Forge with a friend who played TR so we may go in on that. And definitely waiting on Hitman 2 until much later as I still haven't played the first one. :/
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Ooh, I forgot about Underworld Ascendant. I'm going to wait and see how the console versions come out, though.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »

Ha! I actually loved it, warts and all. As far as I can remember it's still the closest thing to a 3D version of Diablo that we've ever had. I have no idea what this re-release is, but for sure I will try it out.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    Oops, one more for your list. Galactic Civilizations III - Heroes of Star Control: Origins DLC has been released. Adds:
    Major Factions

Tywom - Hello, best friends! These yellow slug-like aliens would like a hug. They’re slimy, and you don’t want to give them one, but still - it’s all they really want. The Tywom want to be friends with everyone, which makes them great diplomats, and their constant desire for approval gives them a bonus for any other factions who happen to love them.

Mowlings - All hail the mighty Jeff! The Mowlings are small, bear-like creatures who worship a mysterious deity they call Jeff. Frankly, they’re a little lost without him, so they spend their time finding new ways to worship him. The Mowlings get a special Temple of Jeff improvement (one per planet) that grants bonuses to influence and approval, and in return Jeff orbits their planets protectively.

Mu’Kay - Greetings, federation member! Founders of the Federation for Allied Species, the Mu’Kay are intelligent cephalopods who live entirely in aquatic environments. Their natural intelligence makes them excellent researchers, and their polite (if occasionally condescending) manner lends itself well to diplomacy. Unless you’re a fish. Then prepare to be eaten.

Free Trandals - Cast off the shackles! The Free Trandals are the escaped faction of a race that has been enslaved by a malevolent AI known only as Overmind, who uses their bodies to advance its own nefarious purposes. Now, the Free Trandals work to free their brethren and rebuild their lost culture with what little they have left. Possessing a surprising capability (and healthy paranoia) for advanced technology, the Free Trandals are far from helpless both on and off the battlefield. Their warrior instincts may be long buried, but their ships, while few in number, are enormously effective against silicon and synthetic based life forms.

Features

- 4 new major factions with unique leaders, ship designs, music, and traits
    - Dozens of new ship parts inspired by Star Control: Origins for building and modifying your own ships
    - Several new music tracks from Star Control: Origins
    - New faction traits: Needy, Divine Guardian, Unshackled, Federation
    - New ship designs, colors, and styles
  • JCC
    JCC
    GT Member edited November 13
    I have been excited for Underworld Ascendant, but I watched some videos of the beta yesterday and it looked pretty rough. I will definitely be looking for impressions before buying. I am also annoyed there is still no pricing information on Steam.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Nada. It's boardgaming week when BGGCon starts tomorrow.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    Nada. It's boardgaming week when BGGCon starts tomorrow.

Weehooo!
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I got Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Expansion since it was on sale on Green Man Gaming. Between it and the new free 3.0 update, there's some very cool stuff there.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Wow, so I received Fallout 76 and had completely forgotten I'd ordered it or that it was coming this week. Was there no interest at all here? yikes!!!
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    rittchard wrote: »
    Wow, so I received Fallout 76 and had completely forgotten I'd ordered it or that it was coming this week. Was there no interest at all here? yikes!!!
    All of the interest is over at OO, it would seem.