Whatcha buying this week? (October 28, 2018)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
edited October 28 in Video Games
Tagged:
Fairly quiet week of releases, all things considered. Anything catching your eye?

As an aside, I think Steam has really just broken me with wanting to sift through their new releases.

Big Names
Call of Cthulhu
Diablo III: Eternal Collection (Switch)
Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far
The Quiet Man
Steep – X Games DLC

Genre Gems
Dream Daddy: Dadrector’s Cut
The First Tree
Heavy Burger
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition
Save me Mr Tako: Tasukete Tako-San
Yomawari: The Long Night Collection

Notable Early Access
Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. (PS4 and PC)

Hardware
Nintendo Switch Diablo III Eternal Collection Edition
Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Set Hardware Bundle

And the whole list:

PC
Call of Cthulhu
Combat Arms: Reloaded
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
The Earth Dies Screaming
Football Manager 2019
Gloom
Heavy Burger
Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy
Koliseum Soccer VR
Nowhere Girl
The Quiet Man
Rise: Race The Future
Stay Out of the House
Steep – X Games DLC

Xbox One
Call of Cthulhu
The First Tree
Gem Smashers
Gnomes Garden 2
Infinite Adventures
LEGO Harry Potter Collection
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition
The One We Found
Steep – X Games DLC
Super Pixel Racers
Super Volley Blast

PS4
Call of Cthulhu
Chronus Arc
Death Mark
Dream Daddy: Dadrector’s Cut
Infinite Adventures
Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far
Legends of Catalonia: The Land of Barcelona (PSVR)
Nekopara Vol. 1
Paper Dolls (PSVR)
The Quiet Man
Redeemer: Enhanced Edition
Shadow of Loot Box
Steep – X Games DLC
Super Pixel Racers
Super Volley Blast
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session!

Switch
Death Mark
Diablo III: Eternal Collection
Gal Metal - World Tour Edition
Hasbro Game Night
Heavy Burger
Hidden Folks
Kitty Love - Way To Love For Love
Knock-Knock
LEGO Harry Potter Collection
Machinarium
Numbala
OK K.O.! Let’s Play Heroes
Risk
SkyScrappers
Sports Party
Steven Universe: Save the Light
Swap This!
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun!
Transistor
Trivial Pursuit Live!
Yomawari: The Long Night Collection

3DS

Vita
Chronus Arc (Cross-Buy)
Death Mark
Revenge of the Bird King
Tagged:

Comments

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Nothing of interest and with the boy and I getting back into Monster Hunter World, no need for anything for the foreseeable future.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Diablo III is pre-ordered for Switch
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Really intrigued by Call of Cthulhu but there’s been so little hype and marketing of the game I am unsure if it’s any good.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Yeah, I'm in a tough spot with Call of Cthulhu. I really want it, but I'm not convinced it'll be worth it. I'm holding out through tomorrow to see if any reviews hit. I'm sure they won't, but I also want to get it at the discounted price, and I'd like to play it in time for Thanksgiving. I'm sure I've played worse Lovecraft games over the years...
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    I pre-ordered Call of Cthulhu from Humble, they had enough of a discount there for me to pull the trigger.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I'm probably not getting anything. Although I guess I technically bought World War 3 yesterday.

I hadn't heard anything about Heavy Burger until I saw the guys on Giant Bomb play it last week, and it looked pretty fun, and I like the unique hook of playing through old games.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I'm curious about Heavy Burger, too, but I'd likely only play with my daughter and the nostalgia wouldn't be a factor for her.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    If I get a PS4 after year's end, I will probably get Kingdom Hearts. The wife might dig it as well.

Call of Cthulhu is on the radar.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm in a tough spot with Call of Cthulhu. I really want it, but I'm not convinced it'll be worth it. I'm holding out through tomorrow to see if any reviews hit. I'm sure they won't, but I also want to get it at the discounted price, and I'd like to play it in time for Thanksgiving. I'm sure I've played worse Lovecraft games over the years...

Well, the reviews aren't bad, per se, but they convinced me to wait for a hefty price drop. I wasn't going to be able to get much gaming in before Halloween anyway.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member edited October 30
    FYI, Project Hospital has just been released on Steam, a more serious look at hospital building and management than that other hospital game =)
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member

Well, the reviews aren't bad, per se, but they convinced me to wait for a hefty price drop. I wasn't going to be able to get much gaming in before Halloween anyway.

While the GT review is really positive, I find the ACG reviews are more in line with what I like and their review was not kind. I will pass. Maybe when it's like $5 on the PSN store I'll think about it.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I've always sort of enjoyed Galaxy on Fire 3 on iPad, but hated the touch controls. Found out today that there's a version for Switch, so...boughtened.