Weekend playlist - 10/5 edition

Gratch
Gratch
Will be picking up Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and am looking forward to diving into that. I'm hoping that it will be different enough from Origins that I won't feel any burnout, since I just finished that one a couple weeks ago.

I've also been thoroughly enjoying Monster Hunter Stories on iPad. I might prefer it to the actual MH games, tbh. While I enjoy many things about the main games, I often struggle with 30 minute battles that require significant skill and concentration. Being able to mess around in the same world with significantly less difficult and investment has been far more fun than I expected. The iOS port has a few rough edges (the tutorials still mention doing things on the "lower screen", carried over from 3DS), but other than that, it's been excellent.

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    School work and Sniper Elite 3. I should probably take a look at the Humble Monthly stuff that's been slowly accumulating in my purchase history.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I will be going on an Odyssey that involves Assassinating ummm.... Creed fans or something.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member edited October 5
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I will be going on an Odyssey that involves Assassinating ummm.... Creed fans or something.

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Now I'm just taking pity on their fans.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Will be picking up Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and am looking forward to diving into that. I'm hoping that it will be different enough from Origins that I won't feel any burnout, since I just finished that one a couple weeks ago.

I've also been thoroughly enjoying Monster Hunter Stories on iPad. I might prefer it to the actual MH games, tbh. While I enjoy many things about the main games, I often struggle with 30 minute battles that require significant skill and concentration. Being able to mess around in the same world with significantly less difficult and investment has been far more fun than I expected. The iOS port has a few rough edges (the tutorials still mention doing things on the "lower screen", carried over from 3DS), but other than that, it's been excellent.

Still working my way through the ridiculously extensive Monster Hunter Stories demo. I'm over 4 hours in now, and still have things to do in the demo. I'm not entirely sure I want to drop $20 for the full game...we'll see how I feel once I finish the demo.

MH Stories actually made me want to jump back into Monster Hunter World. Spent most of my weekend there and made some decent progress, getting to the Rotten Vale area and taking down my first Radobaan. I need to read up on gear progression though, as the gear stats are starting to all look very similar, and I don't feel like the new gear I'm crafting is making me much stronger.

Spent a bit of time with AC Odyssey. Have a few frustrations, but it seems like it'll be fun.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I played a couple hours of The Wild 8, a fun directed survival game. Going to try some coop with Mirage when I get a chance.

And a couple more hours of Dakar 18, still really enjoying this one and happy to see them putting out frequent updates (though mostly for controller issues I don't have).

And then I revisited Killing Floor 2 for their new Halloween event. Still plenty of fun.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    School work and Sniper Elite 3. I should probably take a look at the Humble Monthly stuff that's been slowly accumulating in my purchase history.

Finished SE3, got my school work done, and went through my Humble keys. I have some stuff up for freebie offer.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I am at 42 hours into AC: Odyssey so yeah I got some of that done.
    Gratch wrote: »
    MH Stories actually made me want to jump back into Monster Hunter World. Spent most of my weekend there and made some decent progress, getting to the Rotten Vale area and taking down my first Radobaan. I need to read up on gear progression though, as the gear stats are starting to all look very similar, and I don't feel like the new gear I'm crafting is making me much stronger.

Gear progression is pretty slow in MH:W. You will see the most impact with weapons. Armor is really mostly about perks but from what I can recall there aren't many on early gear, but my memory isn't what it never was. Early on you are just changing gear for looks really. It is best to just not get hit.