Assassin's Creed Odyssey Catch All

farley2k
farley2k
edited October 4 in Video Games
seems silly not to have a thread about one of the bigger games coming out this fall.

Personally I want to force myself to finish Spider-man and Shadow of the Tomb Raider before I get it but by then I will be able to find it used!

Sitting at 85% now on metacritic which is right around where Origins sat (81%)

Who has tried it?

Comments

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    farley2k wrote: »
    Personally I want to force myself to finish Spider-man and Shadow of the Tomb Raider before I get it but by then I will be able to find it used!

I've finished both so I guess I am in the clear.

I'm about 8 hours in. I have played the first large battle, which crushed my system and turned things into a slideshow. I think I was over-leveled a bit. I was 11 and the enemies were 9 I think and even with the awful framerate I took out 14 soldiers and 6 captains. There is an attack skill that unlocks at 10th level that does 60% of assassin damage. It doesn't sound like a big attack, but 60% of assassin damage is a LOT of damage. I one-hit all 6 of those captains. It takes a bar of adrenaline so it isn't the end-all power, but then again adrenaline isn't hard to come by in a battle as you might imagine.

Thanks to the Spartan kick, the lieutenants on my ship are both former bounty hunters. It makes me happy to have them working for me. I have yet to board a ship as I haven't left the first post-tutorial area yet, but it's good to know the folks that were trying to murder me now have my back... probably.

While this game is pretty similar to Odyssey, the fact that you are a mercenary and can take work from both sides of the conflict can make things confusing. You can assassinate or attack just about anyone you run into. If you are indiscriminate you might just kill the wrong guy and have an entire city coming after you... and then you might end up with three bounty hunters coming after you all at the same time. For the record, you really don't want to fight 3 bounty hunters at once. Even two can be a problem. I do like that you have the choice of how to handle the bounties. You can pay the bounty or just kill the people offering the bounty. I mean you can also just wait it out and let the bounty hunters come after you, which is nice if you have some slots to fill on your ship. :p

My only real complaint about the game is that there is way too much to do at one time. It is relatively under control in the first island, you can complete everything before you advance the story, but *after* finishing the story quest in the second area I still have 11 open quests and they keep coming. I'm not always sure what's a "real" quest and what is randomly generated busy work. I guess the timed stuff is the generated stuff, but not 100%.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey Review - Destructoid

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I have 42 hours of playtime on this now and I am still very much loving it. There is sooo, soo much to do. Possibly too much to do. If you want to 100% this you may want to clear your schedule for the next month or so. I'm level 38 (out of 50) and I think I finally have all the main systems unlocked and I may just have an idea what the story is about now, finally.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I85GgUJ.jpg