Sky Force: Remastered suckered me in

Purge
Purge
Just saying. RPG Lite Top-down shooter that has the "one more time" gaming bug that had me late for work the next day on a few occasions.

It's free with XBL GamePass. Almost maxed out on it, trying not to think of how much time I've wasted.

Comments

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I've played versions of this on iPhone and PS4, and I downloaded through GamePass. I finally fired it up, just to look at it and wound up playing for three hours.

"Reloaded"
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I really like this but I never seem to be able to complete the missions. I think I've played 1 and 2 dozens of times now and haven't progressed further. I suppose it doesn't matter that much since I presume later maps are similar but I wonder if I'm just too lame for this type of game. I used to love Galaga back in the day but maybe my reflexes are no longer up to snuff. I was hoping that you could use upgrades to make up for lack of skill but thus far it doesn't seem that way, or maybe I'm missing something.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member edited October 2
    Upgrades are definitely key to improving. I tend to unlock the side cannons and missiles before improving the main guns much. Then it's all about improving all three. There is some grinding, especially early on, but I don't know about "dozens of times"
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I finally beat level 2 and then I noticed Bullwinkle's score is like 1000000 times mine LOL!
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Ha. Well, that comes from unlocking everything (i.e. getting 70%, 100%, saving all the dudes, not getting hit [TIP: Don't try to do all of them in one go]), which then gives you more challenging versions of the levels with a corresponding score increase (IIRC from earlier games, there are three tiers of this in total).