[iOS/Nintendo] Dragalia Lost

Gratch
Gratch
Nintendo released a new IP on mobile this morning, Dragalia Lost. It's a free-to-play ARPG with a ton of social gaming elements (i.e. stamina timers, gacha pulls, etc.) that has fantastic production values. While I tend to burn out on gacha games pretty quickly, I have to say that this one is remarkably well done. It looks fantastic, the multiple currencies are easy to understand, the story and characters are interesting, the gacha is very generous (so far), and the gameplay is much funner than I originally expected.

More thoughts to come as spend more time with it, but initial impressions are very positive.

Comments

• rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I like it too, only played a few minutes so far though.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited October 2
    Turns out my current tolerance for gacha games is about...three days. LOL

Production values are great, but the basic gameplay and other mechanics didn't really do much for me. I think this is yet another genre I used to enjoy, but simply don't have the patience for anymore.

An interesting comparison on what this game made in the launch window, compared to other Nintendo IPs. Fire Emblem is just...wow.

93EB07DB-F337-43B1-8DC2-F74A53875920-768x498.jpeg
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    My tolerance is even shorter. I got to "don't have the patience" on the first day.

It's a little too chatty for mobile, but I just don't get the whole labyrinthine unlock/level up menu button style at all.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    As gacha games go, this one was actually remarkably easy to figure out the different currencies, upgrade paths, character evolutions, etc.

I just don't find that whole process very interesting anymore.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I wish they had just made this a regular/full ARPG. I really enjoy running around and killing stuff, it reminded me of Secret of Mana (I think) but the sequences are just too short. I understand it's designed for mobile, but there's got to be some kind of compromise system that allows you to feel like you are doing some exploring - more like diablo I guess.