Weekend Playlist - 9/14 edition

Gratch
Gratch
I finished Assassin's Creed Origins last night, what a fantastic game. Moving away from the "collect a doodad every 3 steps" to more of a RPG format did wonders for that series, imo. I've played nearly all of the AC games, and this is the first one I've finished. Looking forward to the next one in October.

Still waffling between picking up the new Tomb Raider or Spider Man today. I was leaning towards Spider Man, but reading more TR reviews last night has me more interested. Will probably be a coin flip when I walk into the store, tbh. Might spend a little more time with Dragon Quest XI as well, although I've been wildly underwhelmed with it after 10 hours. It's just so formulaic, and really brings nothing new to the table at all. I guess I've sort of moved past that a bit in my JRPG life.

Also binge watching The Good Place on Netflix, which is surprisingly excellent show. A ton of college football as well, including a huge home game between Utah and Washington. Should be an excellent weekend.

What's you your docket?

Comments

  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I'll be all over Tomb Raider this weekend.

    I suggest you go with Spider-man and I will buy it off you when you are done. :smiley:
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Tomb Raider!

    Spidey and Strange Brigade will go on a bit of an extended hiatus. :)
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Spider-man

    spider-man-fighting-some-of-mister-negatives-inner-demons-in-spider-man-on-ps4.jpeg
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited September 16
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I'll be all over Tomb Raider this weekend.

    I suggest you go with Spider-man and I will buy it off you when you are done. :smiley:

    Done. :)

    EDIT: Might be even sooner than I expected. Played the first 2 hours, and this game is doing absolutely nothing for me. Really making me wish I had picked up Tomb Raider instead.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I played more Strange Brigade. I like their Horde mode, but the fact that it lasts so long and you literally get nothing out of it (no money or other progression elements), means that every time I end a match I feel a bit bummed.

    I went back to MX vs ATV: All Out for a bit to try out the new Goat Farm compound, and that was good. I think they may have enhanced their terrain deformation since launch, the ruts can can pretty dang deep.

    Also finally fired up Elex today and played for a couple hours maybe. It definitely has some of that lack of polish you expect from certain Euro-RPGs, but I could see myself getting into it when I have more time.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    I finished Assassin's Creed Origins last night, what a fantastic game. Moving away from the "collect a doodad every 3 steps" to more of a RPG format did wonders for that series, imo. I've played nearly all of the AC games, and this is the first one I've finished. Looking forward to the next one in October.

    Still waffling between picking up the new Tomb Raider or Spider Man today. I was leaning towards Spider Man, but reading more TR reviews last night has me more interested. Will probably be a coin flip when I walk into the store, tbh. Might spend a little more time with Dragon Quest XI as well, although I've been wildly underwhelmed with it after 10 hours. It's just so formulaic, and really brings nothing new to the table at all. I guess I've sort of moved past that a bit in my JRPG life.

    Also binge watching The Good Place on Netflix, which is surprisingly excellent show. A ton of college football as well, including a huge home game between Utah and Washington. Should be an excellent weekend.

    What's you your docket?

    Picked up Spider Man, but haven't been able to get into it at all. With a thousand different collectibles, gadgets, upgrades, moves, crimes, vistas, etc. ,etc., there's simply too much "stuff", and it kinda breaks my brain. I've also ran into two bugs that have required restarts within the first three hours (somehow fell through the wall and into the top of the Empire State Building and couldn't get out, and had a hard lock). It may be up in the trading forum later...we'll see.

    I went ahead and picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider as well, and have really enjoyed it so far. It's more of the same, but that same is awfully good.

    Also spent a couple more hours with DQ XI. I alternate between finding it charming, and being bored with how basic-JRPG it is.

    I also gave FF Dissidia NT another shot (got it used for cheap) and realized it's still a no-go for me. The level of complexity is completely absurd, and I just can't wrap my head around it at all.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I'll be all over Tomb Raider this weekend.

    Started it Friday evening and finished it Sunday afternoon. 24 hours played, 91% completion. I started NG+ on Hard difficulty just to see.
    Gratch wrote: »
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I'll be all over Tomb Raider this weekend.

    I suggest you go with Spider-man and I will buy it off you when you are done. :smiley:

    Done. :)

    EDIT: Might be even sooner than I expected. Played the first 2 hours, and this game is doing absolutely nothing for me. Really making me wish I had picked up Tomb Raider instead.

    Sorry if I unintentionally led you to the wrong game. I was really excited for both of them, but had Tomb Raider pre-purchased for PC. There is definitely a lot less combat in Tomb Raider and you can play most of it stealthy... you can even set the combat difficulty independently of the puzzle and exploration difficulties!
Sign In or Register to comment.