What are you buying this week? (September 9, 2018)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
Sports games, Lara Croft and some good ports all round out this week's releases. Whatchu gettin', Willis?

Big Names
NBA 2K19
Nintendo Labo Vehicle Kit
NHL 19
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Genre Gems
Akane
Axis Football 2018
Door Kickers: Action Squad
Frozen Synapse 2
A Hat in Time - Seal the Deal DLC
A Hat in Time - Co-op DLC
Megaquarium
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (DLC)

Notable Early Access
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 [Blackout Private Multiplayer Beta]
Trials Rising [Closed Beta]

And the whole list:

PC
Adios Amigos
Akane
Axis Football 2018
BFF or Die
Construction Simulator 2 US - Pocket Edition (I have no idea why the PC gets the Pocket version...)
CryptoFarm
Dead Prison (VR)
Disneyland Adventures
Door Kickers: Action Squad
Frozen Synapse 2
Gift of Parthax
A Hat in Time - Seal the Deal DLC
A Hat in Time - Co-op DLC
Lamplight City
Megaquarium
MochiMochi
NBA 2K19
Neonwall
Old School Musical
Razed
ReCore: Definitive Edition (Steam)
Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure (Steam)
Steel Empire
Super Lucky's Tale & DLC (Steam)
Black Clover: Quartet Knights
Super Seducer 2
Super Street: The Game
Time Carnage
Victory At Sea Pacific
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

Xbox One
Adios Amigos
Construction Simulator 2 US - Console Edition
Fishing Sim World (pre-orders only, regular next week)
Fossil Hunters
Gonner
NBA 2K19
Nefarious
Neonwall
NHL 19
Razed
Revenant Dogma
Time Carnage

PS4
Black Clover: Quartet Knights
Boundless
Claws Of Furry
Construction Simulator 2 US – Console Edition
Fossil Hunters
Marble Duel
NBA 2K19
Nefarious
Neonwall (PSVR)
NHL 19
Stay
Trickster VR: Co-op Dungeon Crawler (PSVR)
V-Rally 4

Switch
Bastion
Danger Mouse: The Danger Games
Doughlings: Arcade
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Grandpa and the Zombies
The Mahjong Huntress
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
NBA 2K19
Nefarious
Nintendo Labo Vehicle Kit
Old School Musical
SENRAN KAGURA Reflexions
The Spectrum Retreat
Stay
Super Dungeon Tactics
Surgeon Simulator CPR
Time Carnage
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain: Goblin Scourge Edition!
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (DLC)

3DS

Vita
Tagged:

Comments

• jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I've been keeping an eye on Frozen Synapse 2 and Megaquarium, so I might be picking one of those up.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Shadow something something...
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Goddamn it.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider XB1.

I have a training course all next weekend to get my CanFitPro cert (to be a personal trainer after-hours).

To pay for my Jeep addiction. And my video game collector bug. and my kid. And … and... I still have a business to start.

Goddamn it. I should just stay away from screens.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Gotta admit, this looks cool:

https://labo.nintendo.com/kits/vehicle-kit/
  • Suitably Ironic Moniker
    Suitably Ironic Moniker
    GT Member
    Lamplight City for me.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member edited September 10
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider is pre-ordered and ready to go.

I will get around to the Hat in Time DLC someday, but there's too much to game right now.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Trying to avoid buying anything this week, and actually finishing (or at least making progress in) once of the multiple games I've purchased over the last few weeks.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »

I will get around to the Hat in Time DLC someday, but there's too much to game right now.

If you grab that Hat in Time DLC within the first day it's free! So even if you don't plan on playing it for a while, grab it in those first 24 hours!
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member

That.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member edited September 10
    I will probably get NHL 19 eventually. Probably next spring when it goes on a $20 sale, just like I've done the last two years.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »

If you grab that Hat in Time DLC within the first day it's free! So even if you don't plan on playing it for a while, grab it in those first 24 hours!

I knew it was free for owners of the game, but didn't realize it was only for a limited time. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited September 11
    Dammit, there's just too many games and I'm probably going to cave. Especially since DQ XI isn't really grabbing me. Can't decide if I want to go with Spider Man, Tomb Raider, or wait for the new Assassin's Creed.

Tomb Raider seemed like a pretty obvious choice (as I liked both previous games), but a couple reviews that criticize the screwy stealth mechanics (the Gamespot one, especially) are giving me significant pause. Nothing ruins a game for me quicker than uneven or "squishy" stealth mechanics, Dishonored 2 and the latest Styx games being perfect examples. It also looks a bit same-y, like I've played it all before in previous installments. Still, the gameplay from previous games has been awfully good.

I watched the ACG review of Spider Man last night, and have to admit that it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. My general aversion to open world might be mitigated by what looks like the funnest travel system ever made.

The new AC looks neat, but I'm currently in the process of wrapping up AC Origins in the next couple days, and might need a bit of a break from that formula.

So, leaning towards Spider Man at this point...
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Just 2K19 for me - going with the Switch version this time.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Gratch wrote: »
    I watched the ACG review of Spider Man last night, and have to admit that it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. My general aversion to open world might be mitigated by what looks like the funnest travel system ever made.

So, leaning towards Spider Man at this point...

i picked up spider-man and it is quite fun. I am feeling overload when I look at how huge the map is and all the collectibles, etc. but it is fun to play. I am going to try sticking to doing one story mission a night and they collectibles. Hopefully I won't get burned out then because of all the stuff you can do.

The beauty of this time of year is that once I finish spider-man I should be able to trade or buy tomb raider, dragon quest 11, or assassins creed.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member

I knew it was free for owners of the game, but didn't realize it was only for a limited time. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, the Co-op DLC is free forever I think, but the Seal the Deal expansion is only free for the first 24 hours. And it went live today, so go grab it! :)
  • Travis
    Travis
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Tomb Raider seemed like a pretty obvious choice (as I liked both previous games), but a couple reviews that criticize the screwy stealth mechanics (the Gamespot one, especially) are giving me significant pause. Nothing ruins a game for me quicker than uneven or "squishy" stealth mechanics, Dishonored 2 and the latest Styx games being perfect examples. It also looks a bit same-y, like I've played it all before in previous installments. Still, the gameplay from previous games has been awfully good.

From what I have read of the comments on the GS review it was a poor review. I am waiting for trusted reviewers (such as people from this forum) as long as possible though. I really liked the other two and I was really looking forward to this one.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member

Yeah, the Co-op DLC is free forever I think, but the Seal the Deal expansion is only free for the first 24 hours. And it went live today, so go grab it! :)

It's not out for consoles.