Weekend playlist - 9/7 edition

Gratch
Gratch
I've been really enjoying the new "Definitive Edition" of Divinity OS 2. However, I just got to a hub city (Act 3, after leaving Fort Joy) and my quest log has absolutely exploded with a million different side quests. My number of quests has literally tripled over the last hour or so, most of them feeling entirely pointless. Nothing causes me to lose interest in a game faster than sidequest hell, so we'll see if I manage to push through.

If not, Dragon Quest XI is waiting in the wings. Octopath Traveler got me a little burned out recently on classic JRPG grindiness, so hopefully DQ XI fares a little better.

Comments

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I'm back on the DOS2 bandwagon myself. I'm about ready to leave the first island I think. With the new Tomb Raider coming next week, it's now or never... or possibly after Tomb Raider.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I will be picking up Spider-man after work and hopefully I will get some time to play.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Business Comm homework, Snip[er Elite 3, and Super Mega Baseball 2
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    More Strange Brigade for sure, probably a few rounds of Galaxy Champions TV, and then I might check out Immortal: Unchained if it turns out good.

And maybe more Vermintide 2 if I haven't gotten my fill of gaming by then.
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    Picked up Spider-Man at lunch and played for about 3 hours and I am really enjoying it. Swinging around the city is awesome, but Spidey's dialog is terrific and my favorite part of the game so far. The little quips he makes feels just like the comic something that the movies never got right.

Dragon Quest XI is also great. I am really enjoying the graphics, the monster designs are really cool and there is even an auto run button, something all RPG's should have.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    More Strange Brigade for sure, probably a few rounds of Galaxy Champions TV, and then I might check out Immortal: Unchained if it turns out good.

And maybe more Vermintide 2 if I haven't gotten my fill of gaming by then.

I tried out Immortal Unchained for an hour or two, and I'm not really sure what to think. It's like they definitely took cues of deliberate actions and "surprise, you're dead" from the Souls games, but I don't think that works nearly as well in a shooter where the attacks aren't as easy to predict and avoid. On the other hand they do allow you to essentially keep grinding the same areas for "xp", but you can only do that so much before you get bored.

Strange Brigade was more fun, but I tried out the Horde mode and found out that each Wave actually has 15 rounds and takes the better part of an hour. I was not really up for all 5 or 6 Waves, but thankfully we all died anyway.