What are you buying this week? (September 2, 2018)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
edited September 3 in Video Games
I was about to give up on even posting these, but there was so much forum traffic that I figured I had to. I mean, three posts on a weekend is a new high. ;)

So yeah, the big fall games are starting to hit.

Big Names
Destiny 2: Forsaken
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Marvel’s Spider-Man
NBA 2K19

Genre Gems
Flynn and Freckles
Galaxy Champions TV
Immortal: Unchained
NASCAR Heat 3
Planet Alpha
Shadows: Awakening
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - Mars

Notable Early Access
Battlefield V (Open Beta)

And the whole list:

PC
428: Shibuya Scramble
Another Sight
Claws of Furry
Duck Souls
Elea - Episode 1
Expansion - Europa Universalis IV: Dharma DLC
Flynn and Freckles
Galaxy Champions TV
Monster Pub
Moonfall Ultimate
NASCAR Heat 3
NBA 2K19
Ninjin: Clash of Carrots
Planet Alpha
Silence in Space - Season One
tiny & Tall: Gleipnir
Unknown Fate

Xbox One
Arcade Islands: Volume One
Claws of Furry
Dead Age
Dimension Drive
Elea - Episode 1
FullBlast
Genesis Alpha On
King’s Guard TD
The Long Dark
Moonfall Ultimate
NASCAR Heat 3
NBA 2K19
NBA LIVE 19
Out of the Box
Planet Alpha
Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands
Sigi – A Fart for Melusina
Slime Rancher

PS4
428: Shibuya Scramble
Apocalypse Rider (PSVR)
Arcade Islands: Volume One
Dimension Drive
FullBlast
The Long Dark
Marvel’s Spider-Man
Moonfall Ultimate
NBA 2K19
NBA LIVE 19
Ninjin: Clash Of Carrots
Planet Alpha
Sigi – A Fart For Melusina
Slime Rancher
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy

Switch
Broforce
Fullblast
God Wars - The Complete Legend
Gone Home
Hyper Light Drifter - Special Edition
Kentucky Robo Chicken
Lifeless Planet: Premiere Edition
Moonfall Ultimate
Mummy Pinball
NASCAR Heat 3
NBA 2K19
Shikhondo - Soul Eater
Sigi - A Fart for Melusina
Slice, Dice & Rice
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
Son of a Witch
Super Inefficient Golf

3DS
Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: Red Cat Corps
Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad

Vita
FullBlast (Cross Buy)
Sigi – A Fart For Melusina

Comments

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I'll get Dragon Quest XI, but not until I've finished Divinity OS 2
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Marvel’s Spider-Man for sure. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is proving hard to resist.

Destiny 2: Forsaken is likely. I very much was enjoying the sequel, but my steam ran out when everyone else seemed to get bored.

Zone of the Enders is something I may pick up in a sale someday.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Spider-Man for me. I am going to wait to get Dragon Quest 11 on the Switch.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    I'm sure I'll get Spiderman at some point, just got too many things in my backlog to justify that at launch. Also going to keep an eye on Unknown Fate and Immortal: Unchained even if the fact that the latter is a "ultra-hardcore action RPG" makes me a bit... wary.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Spiderman is on the list, but not until after Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It would be unfair to buy it and then sideline it a week later.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I really want to play Spider-Man, but I know that I just don't tend to play my PS4 much so not sure it's worth it.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    I really want to play Spider-Man, but I know that I just don't tend to play my PS4 much so not sure it's worth it.

Heh. Yeah, talk to my copy of God of War... or Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition or Shadow of the Colossus or Uncharted 4... :(
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »

Heh. Yeah, talk to my copy of God of War... or Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition or Shadow of the Colossus or Uncharted 4... :(

Yup, my problem exactly. If only they had a program like Xbox Anywhere that let me also play on my PC.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I have been following the solo dev of Galaxy Champions TV and playing tests along the way, so will likely grab a copy to support his updated take on Smash TV.

Very curious to see how Immortal: Unchained turns out. The early beta test had some room for improvement but they seemed receptive to the feedback and criticisms so I'm hopeful.

And Planet Alpha could be cool, we'll see.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I was about to give up on even posting these, but there was so much forum traffic that I figured I had to. I mean, three posts on a weekend is a new high. ;)

I look forward to reading your weekly posts on new releases because it's hard to even keep track of what's coming out. And I'm only looking for the PC items :)
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    jztemple2 wrote: »

I look forward to reading your weekly posts on new releases because it's hard to even keep track of what's coming out. And I'm only looking for the PC items :)

Yeah, it's invaluable for me, too.

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    farley2k wrote: »
    I am going to wait to get Dragon Quest 11 on the Switch.

Is that a confirmed thing? Or are we just assuming it’ll happen?

• YellowKing
    YellowKing
    GT Member
    Broke down and got Dragon Quest XI for PC. Normally I like JRPGs on console, but with the kids getting older it's hard to wrestle it away from them for long. Certainly not long enough for a game like this!

I am a HUGE fan of Dragon Quest XIII, so this has been on my must-buy list ever since it was announced. I was going to try to wait since I"m knee-deep in WoW at the moment, but I couldn't resist.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »

This is from June (https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/19/17466624/dragon-quest-11-nintendo-switch-version-e3-2018):
    But the Switch version of the game remains under construction, without any hint of when it will be ready.

At E3 2018, I asked director Takeshi Uchikawa and producers Hokuto Okamoto and Hikari Kubota for an update on the Switch version. What was the holdup?

“We’re making it,” said Okamoto. “We’re still making it. I can’t say anything more.”
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »

Square Enix has confirmed it's coming to Switch, but haven't offered much in terms of details or timeframe.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Why does everything have to come out in September? I guess for Xmas sales? I feel bad for all the kids who have to go back to school and get tempted by all this.

Anyway, I have DQ11 already loaded and pre-ordered 2K19 for the Switch as well. I'll prob get Spiderman too, even though let's face it, I won't have time to play any of these as I'm deep into WoW at the moment.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member edited September 5
    Spiderman is on the list, but not until after Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It would be unfair to buy it and then sideline it a week later.
    Dang, with everything I've seen about how it looks/runs/plays (especially on the Pro), my resolve to wait on Spidey is... failing. :s
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I see that Scythe: Digital Edition just released today after a while in Early Access. I've been curious about that, but probably more because of the setting than knowing anything about the game...

Also saw that the MX vs ATV: All Out Arenacross DLC is coming out this week. Unlike the other recent THQ rehashes by Nordic they have actually been doing a good job with supporting this game so it might be worth a look if I had played out the rest of the game, haha.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Dang, with everything I've seen about how it looks/runs/plays (especially on the Pro), my resolve to wait on Spidey is... failing. :s

I am helped by having just restarted Divinity Original Sin 2 plus the knowledge that if I buy it and shelve it for Tomb Raider, odds are slim I will ever pick it up again.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    From everything I have read Divinity 2 is great so don't shelve it.

Remember if you put off buying Tomb Raider for even a couple months you will be able to buy it used for a lot cheaper. Action games like it are around 20 hours so there will be a lot of people selling used ones by December.

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    From everything I have read Divinity 2 is great so don't shelve it.

Remember if you put off buying Tomb Raider for even a couple months you will be able to buy it used for a lot cheaper. Action games like it are around 20 hours so there will be a lot of people selling used ones by December.

That's my plan for both Tomb Raider and Spider Man. By the time I actually finish Divinity OS 2 and Dragon Quest 11, I should be able to get either/both for much cheaper.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    I won't be touching Destiny, and I've got several RPGs on XB1 and Switch that are already rotting (Gee, I should really finish FFXV).

I swear, I will game again. :/
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    I may have gone a little overboard this week. I picked up Dragon Quest, Spider-man, Shadows: Awakening, Arcade Islands, Yo-Kai Watch Blasters, and I'm thinking of getting Destiny 2 Forsaken to take advantage of Sony's $15 credit offer.