What are you playing this weekend? (Labor Day edition)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
If you're in the US or Canada I think this is generally a 3-day weekend with Labor Day on Monday. So what games are you going to play in your free time?

I've been kind of busy the last couple weeks, so hoping to have a very quiet long weekend where I can finally dig into a bunch of newer games, like Strange Brigade, or the new expansion to Vermintide 2.

I also have older games like MX vs ATV All Out that has had several updates, Elex that I have yet to dig into, and similarly Kingdom Come: Deliverance, or Deep Rock Galactic that had an update with a new biome and stuff.

I'm not sure if I will just jump around to a little bit of everything (my usual), or finally try to dig into a longer RPG.

Comments

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Restarted Divinity 2 OS last night. Hoping this “Definitive Edition” patch helps things click a little better. Positive note, it works great through Steamlink, so I can play it on the big screen.

Might spend a little more time with Into the Breach, although it didn’t grab me much initially.

It’s also the opening weekend for college football, so there will be lots of football watching going on.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member edited September 1
    Strange Brigade, Sniper Elite 4 and now that Gratch has mentioned it, will have to give D2 on my Steamlink a try as well. May try to go back into Doughnut County for the trophies I missed on the initial play-through. Short but fun game, btw. Oh, and if you haven't played What Remains of Edith Finch by the same author you are IMHO missing out on an awesome experience. :)
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    I also have older games like MX vs ATV All Out that has had several updates, Elex that I have yet to dig into, and similarly Kingdom Come: Deliverance, or Deep Rock Galactic that had an update with a new biome and stuff.

I just finished ELEX this morning. I picked it up last weekend on sale on a whim. I loved the first couple Gothic games, but never got into the Risen game despite trying all of them. ELEX clicked for me. It starts out pretty damn hard, but you have the tools you need to survive and the choices you are given are pretty satisfying. Note that the combat is better if you turn off the target lock option. Also note that pretty much all of the sounds in the game are weak and there are way too few faces in the game, like multiple key NPCs have the same face. I really enjoyed it despite these... quirks. The amount of meaningful choice in the game is pretty satisfying. Also, there are few secrets to make the game easier in the beginning that I'd share if you were interested.

I finished Kingdom Come Deliverance earlier this year and had a lot of fun with that too, despite all the flaws.
  • naednek
    naednek
    GT Moderator
    Mainly Two Point Hospital.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    If you're in the US or Canada I think this is generally a 3-day weekend with Labor Day on Monday. So what games are you going to play in your free time?

I've been kind of busy the last couple weeks, so hoping to have a very quiet long weekend where I can finally dig into a bunch of newer games, like Strange Brigade, or the new expansion to Vermintide 2.

I'm not sure if I will just jump around to a little bit of everything (my usual), or finally try to dig into a longer RPG.

I ended up playing a few rounds of Vermintide 2, and then the rest of my gaming time went to Strange Brigade which is quite fun both solo and co-op.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I was flailing about most of yesterday looking for something to play after finishing up Elex Sunday and getting a bit stuck on Chessaria: The Tactical Adventure. I finally settled on Divinity Original Sin 2: Definitive Edition. According to steam I had 45 hours in so starting over was a little painful, but not too bad as at least I had an idea what I was doing this time around. I've only got a few hours in at this point but I am enjoying it again. I am not really seeing much different in the definitive edition, but maybe it has been too long.

Now, Chessaria. Wow that game gets hard. If anyone isn't aware, and it seems almost nobody is. It's pretty much a puzzle game that uses chess. I think it has around 100 challenges/puzzles/scenarios/whatever. Initially they are super trivial and it stays that way for a while (I like chess but I am not competitive at all). The 60th scenario , which is the third "boss" fight, is a full game of chess and the damn computer is better than I am. I eventually made it past that scenario by trading pieces to get it down to where I could keep track of all of what was happening. Bloodbath is my normal play style for chess and that doesn't work for some of these puzzles as you need sometimes need specific pieces to complete the objective. I gave up after the next puzzle kicked my ass a few times. I'll go back to it later, but man it can burn your brain.

The game has free play chess and I played a few times against the computer on Easy and it crushed me each time, generally through some obvious blunder. It's easy to miss things with the pretty graphics that look nothing like the pieces they represent though you can zoom out to a level that just shows the pieces with traditional symbols on a traditional grid.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Been working my way through the Sniper Elite series. Working on #3 as of last night.