Weekend Playlist - 8/10 edition

Gratch
Gratch
Oh hai. :)

For some weird reason, I am bound and determined to figure out how to play Black Desert Online. Have an IRL friend who started playing last week, an we're going to try and piece it together. I've given it a couple tried now, and while I like lots of things about it, the lack of any sort of instructions drives me nuts. Hopefully I have better luck this time.

Also still messing around with both Elite Dangerous and Torment Tides of Numenera. Did my first 500K mission in ED the other night and finally upgraded to a Cobra ship...that was pretty awesome.

What's on your list?

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I have several betas to play this weekend, in addition to all the games I bought recently but still haven't played. Plus a family thing all day Sunday. And supposed to go to a company picnic on Saturday, but I may skip that to be lazy.

Anyway, I'm gonna play it by ear I guess.

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    School work that I've been ignoring for the past two weeks.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited August 13
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    I have several betas to play this weekend, in addition to all the games I bought recently but still haven't played. Plus a family thing all day Sunday. And supposed to go to a company picnic on Saturday, but I may skip that to be lazy.

Anyway, I'm gonna play it by ear I guess.

Well, my Sunday plans got cancelled at the last minute, so I had a couple lazy days of playing random games.

A bit of Dead Cells until I got to the point where it felt like I wasn't making any more progress. And the same thing with Astroneer.

I tried the beta for Override, but the controls seemed way too convoluted and awkward for what I'd expect to be a face-button brawler. Also tried the beta of Fear the Wolves, and there wasn't a single part of it that made me think it had anything over any other survival battle royale game, so that didn't last long.

I tried out Gunheart, and it seemed OK, but it has super fast speed with awkward momentum mixed with tight levels that require precise movement that just turned me off.

Roof Rage seems like a really cool hack-n-slash brawling fighter (kinda Smash Bros like, I guess), and seemed accessible enough even to an uncoordinated non-fighting-game player like me.

Will to Live Online seems like a poorly translated weird survival MMO shooter. But I did get to stab "famous" streamer Lirik to death in the tutorial area as my character JackMcStabby. So that was fun.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Oh hai. :)

For some weird reason, I am bound and determined to figure out how to play Black Desert Online. Have an IRL friend who started playing last week, an we're going to try and piece it together. I've given it a couple tried now, and while I like lots of things about it, the lack of any sort of instructions drives me nuts. Hopefully I have better luck this time.

Also still messing around with both Elite Dangerous and Torment Tides of Numenera. Did my first 500K mission in ED the other night and finally upgraded to a Cobra ship...that was pretty awesome.

What's on your list?

Black Desert didn't last long. Spent most of Friday and Saturday with it, and while we had fun trying to piece together the systems on Friday, that all disappeared in a mass of bugs and confusion on Saturday. For example, I accepted 4 quests (which used up nearly all my Energy points), but they never showed up in my quest log. My mount got stuck in a doorway and I had to relog to get out. I got stuck on terrain multiple times. The conversation system is supposed to unlock quests when you hit a certain amity level, but none of them were available. That sort of thing. We both just gave up in frustration.

Messed around a bit with Assassin's Creed Origins. It's a game I like, but never one that I feel a big pull to go back to. It's sort of my "when I have nothing else to play" game. Got to a point where I had to do a couple big ship battles, and sort of lost interest.

Landed back on Monster Hunter World. Tried the PC version, and it damn near melted my system (got all sorts of temp warnings within 10 minutes of firing it up). Grabbed a used copy on PS4, and re-rolled a new toon. Going Dual Blade this time, as quick stabbity-stab is pretty fun.