World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

rittchard
rittchard
So the newest expansion for WoW arrives next week:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth

It sounds like they are finally embracing the "Warcraft" side of things in the way that was originally promised, with PvE modes that resemble the RTS game (but from your character's perspective) and a complete change to PvP where everyone on any server can participate whenever they want. Lots of other stuff too, of course. Will the promise be fulfilled? I have no idea but I have to at least try it out lol.

A small ragtag group of players is forming if anyone is interested in hanging out. We will be playing Horde on Area 52. Expansion comes with a lvl 110 booster so we will likely all be using them to get straight into the new content.

Comments

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I'm sure that at some point soon, I'll get the WoW itch that seems to hit me every 18 months or so. I'll then play into the mid-levels before I get bored again, and wander off to other things...like I've done at least half a dozen times over the last few years. :)
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    I'm sure that at some point soon, I'll get the WoW itch that seems to hit me every 18 months or so. I'll then play into the mid-levels before I get bored again, and wander off to other things...like I've done at least half a dozen times over the last few years. :)

lol - if you have a lvl boost sitting around, or you end up buying the xpac that comes with it, I'd definitely recommend that over leveling a new character. They've done things to improve the leveling (or so I've heard) but I doubt most people have the stomach or patience for it these days. If you really like the low level content, my guess is it's still better to do it after you store up some gold and loot to pass down (using a high level character) to make it easier/faster.

Some people argue the boost is like cheating, or that you don't "learn" your character, but plenty of others say it doesn't make much difference, since you end up having to learn the endgame skills regardless.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I always feel like an idiot when I level boost because I don't really know how to play the character.