Weekend playlist - 7/20 Edition

katamaris4ever
katamaris4ever
Woof, sales on sales this week means we got some backlog, guys and gals! Currently I'm reviewing Chicken Assassin Reloaded on Switch, which is a neat little clicker RPG. I might end up playing Sausage Sports Club since I bought it yesterday (but I need some of my friends to play it lol), and maybe I'll buy something for my PS4, not sure yet. How about all of y'all?

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    If I can get my schoolwork done today, I can go play boardgames tomorrow.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    My Xbox 1 should be delivered today so I will be able to play Shadow of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider, BioShock 1, 2, and 3, RiMe.

I also just bought Ys VIII for the Switch....so I am drowning in games.

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Came down with a nasty head cold on my trip this week, so I'll mostly be playing "lie in bed and feel like death". Thankfully, Octopath Traveler can keep me company while I do that.

Maybe mess around a little more with Guild Wars 2 as well.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Probably keep (re) playing Borderlands 2 with the kiddo.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    This was a weekend largely of disappointment. Tried to play Mugsters a little bit, but it was pretty frustrating. I should go back and try a different level I guess, but it just really put me off.

Played a little bit of Mothergunship but didn't like their clunky system of constructing the guns and the actual game play was just hard to visually parse. Total chaos of things on screen and somewhere in there I'm supposed to worry about also picking up coins and resources before they disappear. No thanks.

Did a couple matches of Crashday Redline Edition and it just hasn't aged well at all despite this updated version.

The lone interesting things was Exoplanet: First Contact which is a singleplayer survival RPG kind of like New Vegas with some survival slapped on. It's still in Early Access and I had kind of avoided it because I just assumed it was another online crafting/survival/blahblah game, but it's not really that at all. It's singleplayer for one, and seems to be more about exploring and questing.
    Although I will say that aside from the vistas the game looks pretty bad, like it was from the era of New Vegas or something.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    Probably keep (re) playing Borderlands 2 with the kiddo.

Yup lots of that and I also picked up Slay the Spire and played a little bit of that. It's cool, but it mostly just makes me miss Dream Quest.
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    The lone interesting things was Exoplanet: First Contact which is a singleplayer survival RPG kind of like New Vegas with some survival slapped on. It's still in Early Access and I had kind of avoided it because I just assumed it was another online crafting/survival/blahblah game, but it's not really that at all. It's singleplayer for one, and seems to be more about exploring and questing.
    Although I will say that aside from the vistas the game looks pretty bad, like it was from the era of New Vegas or something.

That sounds interesting... you know, when it is more done.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Came down with a nasty head cold on my trip this week, so I'll mostly be playing "lie in bed and feel like death". Thankfully, Octopath Traveler can keep me company while I do that.

Maybe mess around a little more with Guild Wars 2 as well.

Finished all the Chapter 1's in Octopath Traveler, and got my GW2 Guardian up to level 22. A successful weekend, even if I didn't manage to kick the cold. :(
  • naednek
    naednek
    GT Moderator
    played some battletech, MLB The Show 2018, Super Mario Odyssey, and some demos on the Switch. If I had a Xbox One I would have completed the cycle :D

Just picked up Zelda and it's gonna take 2 hours to download on my work's wifi....
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Holy cow I am flooded in games now. I played a bit of Tomb Raider, Y's VIII, as well as Halo 5, and
    Shadow of Mordor.

All I can say is - I wish they would just stick to the same control scheme. I know that each game will have some stuff that needs to be different due to game mechanics but really move, attack, look, open inventory, etc. could be standard.

It is hard to swap between games because my old brain can't adjust super quick to the different controls.