The Crew 2 Open Beta

jztemple2
jztemple2
The Crew 2 Open Beta is now active, for what I assume is the weekend. Seems a bit better than the closed beta as far as the menus. And it looks nice with my new GTX 1060 6GB.

Comments

  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I've spent a couple of hours on it and I'm enjoying it. The boat and airplane stuff isn't really all that interesting for me, but the different car disciplines are nice. And it's a good game to just kick back without having to do too much brainwork. I still have no clue about the way I'm supposed to get more followers :roll: by editing videos of my runs and posting them.

    Followers, ha! I have but one follower, however I think that secretly she thinks I'm her follower :ninja:
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I definitely want to give it a try, but I have yet to get my gaming PC (or any of my home office) set up since moving.

    Hopefully I can get a little time this weekend at least to check it out, but I'm pretty sure that I'm getting it based on how much I ended up liking the first and knowing that they'll be supporting it for a long time.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Speaking of, if you're looking to pre-purchase the PC version GMG is having an 18% off sale this weekend only. Unsure if their JUNE20 coupon stacks, but I'd doubt it.

    https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-crew-2-pc/
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Speaking of, if you're looking to pre-purchase the PC version GMG is having an 18% off sale this weekend only. Unsure if their JUNE20 coupon stacks, but I'd doubt it.

    It does not.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I was going to pass on this at full price, so I have to decide if 18% off is going to change my mind. Back to the beta!
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I've played some more and I'm still up in the air. The racing is fun and I've finally figured out that if you are using one Street Racer discipline vehicle and win new parts for it, those parts are also available for any other Street Racing vehicle. I proved this by buying an old Impala, which sadly even with upgraded parts is still slow as molasses.

    Someone asked if there are any further mixed discipline races in the game. Yes there are, I just raced the Live Xtreme race 2. Which started off with Street Racers, switched to Speed Boats, then switched to Offroad racers (no airplanes). I won it, not so much on skill as that I had upgraded my SR and Offroad vehicles enough.

    I'm still confused by a number of concepts, like CC points and capturing videos. CC points can be used to buy vehicles instead of money, but I have no idea how to get them. I've posted the question to the Ubisoft forum.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    jztemple2 wrote: »
    I was going to pass on this at full price, so I have to decide if 18% off is going to change my mind. Back to the beta!

    Buy, buy, buy! :tongue:

    I decided to just preorder the big edition since I know I'll play it. I'm not sure that the extra doodads are really worth it this time, though, after looking into it. It seems like they're giving most of the content away for free to everybody, you just get a week early access to cars? That's not worth it to me.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I see over on the Steam reviews for the beta a lot of negative reviews, with a lot of people not being able to figure out how to exit the game. I had trouble with it too, but I figured it was there, just not obvious, and I finally figured it out. No big deal. Apparently a lot of folks get easily frustrated.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Buy, buy, buy! :tongue:

    I decided to just preorder the big edition since I know I'll play it. I'm not sure that the extra doodads are really worth it this time, though, after looking into it. It seems like they're giving most of the content away for free to everybody, you just get a week early access to cars? That's not worth it to me.

    I didn't want you to feel alone, so I pre-ordered as well. Pre-loading now.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    For some reason this forum isn't letting me edit a post (I'm running the latest Firefox). So I'll post a new post that I pre-ordered the Gold Edition and I'll start a new thread once I actually have some impressions of the released game.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    jztemple2 wrote: »
    I see over on the Steam reviews for the beta a lot of negative reviews, with a lot of people not being able to figure out how to exit the game. I had trouble with it too, but I figured it was there, just not obvious, and I finally figured it out. No big deal. Apparently a lot of folks get easily frustrated.

    Yeah, that's one of the big problems with user reviews, many of them just reflect some minor annoyance, hardware issue, or a bug that has since been fixed. That's all good feedback for the devs, but using negative reviews to get it seen really sucks for everyone.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    jztemple2 wrote: »
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Buy, buy, buy! :tongue:

    I decided to just preorder the big edition since I know I'll play it. I'm not sure that the extra doodads are really worth it this time, though, after looking into it. It seems like they're giving most of the content away for free to everybody, you just get a week early access to cars? That's not worth it to me.

    I didn't want you to feel alone, so I pre-ordered as well. Pre-loading now.

    :+1: :sunglasses:
Sign In or Register to comment.