Weekend Playlist (Post-E3 Edition!) - 6/15/18

katamaris4ever
katamaris4ever
So after the deluge of news coverage, I'm finally getting a breather XD

Anyways, any games you're playing before seeing the Incredibles 2/pre-ordering hit games/celebrating Father's Day? For me, I kinda double dipped and bought Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus because I loved the heck out of it on PS4 (plus, it was on sale for half off). Probably going to impulse buy a few more games from the eShop sale, and hopefully pre-order Dimension Drive? We'll see.

Comments

  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited June 15
    The Wonder Twins 5th birthday party is tonight, we've got soccer and theater tickets tomorrow, and Sunday is both Fathers Day (the first without my dad :()and my 20th wedding anniversary. Holy crap, it's gonna be busy.

    Probably spend what little time I have with ESO. I'm almost done with the main story quest, and would really like to wrap that up. Then I'll decide if/how much I want to dive into the DLC stuff like Dark Brotherhood and Clockwork City, since I've already finished both the Summerset and Morrowind xpacs.

    I've also picked back up with my FF IX run on iPad. I'm playing it with all the cheats turned on (I'm primarily just interested in going through the story again), so it shouldn't take nearly as long.

    I was hoping that Pillars of Eternity 2 would be the game to break me out of my CRPG funk...but it's not. I'm actually rather sad about that, tbh. I simply can't wrap my head around everything that's going on under the hood with combat, and the lack of any sort of direction on the quests drives me completely nuts. Guess I just need to come to grips with the fact that the CRPS genre has simply passed me by.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Sunday is the Lion King musical downtown. Tomorrow is boardgame day, but my head state and school workload isn't likely to let me get there.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I think I am starting to ramp down on Conan Exiles. I'll probably still spend some time with it especially if my son wants to play, but probably not as much as I have been.

    I've been messing around with Wreckfest a little bit and I expect that will continue. I also plan to spend some more time with God of War.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I'm still unpacking all my stuff and the home office looks to be the last room packed with crap, so I'm not sure I'll get to much gaming this weekend.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    My brand new Xbox One X just got delivered and I'm downloading Halo 5. I imagine I'll be trying a number of things out this weekend :D

    Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

  • disarm
    disarm
    GT Member
    Continuing to work my way through God of War...actually pretty near the end of the actual story I think, but I'm having a lot of fun just exploring before the endgame
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member edited June 16
    disarm wrote: »
    Continuing to work my way through God of War...actually pretty near the end of the actual story I think, but I'm having a lot of fun just exploring before the endgame
    Not to worry, like many games nowadays, you can keep on going well after the story endgame. At the very least, continue on long enough for the "post credits stinger".

    Me, I'm going to see about completing my initial run through of Detroit and spend some more crazy pinball mail delivery simulator time that is Yoku's Island Express that I blame BullwinkleJ for bringing to my attention. :)
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Ha! You're welcome.

    It's pretty great. My only gripe is that while the fast travel system is fun, it's not quite convenient enough when you finish the story and want to go into collectible cleanup mode.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I introduced the kids to Peggle this morning. It’s a great way for the littles (5) to get used to working a controller, plus they think it’s hilarious.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    The Wonder Twins 5th birthday party is tonight, we've got soccer and theater tickets tomorrow, and Sunday is both Fathers Day (the first without my dad :()and my 20th wedding anniversary. Holy crap, it's gonna be busy.

    Probably spend what little time I have with ESO. I'm almost done with the main story quest, and would really like to wrap that up. Then I'll decide if/how much I want to dive into the DLC stuff like Dark Brotherhood and Clockwork City, since I've already finished both the Summerset and Morrowind xpacs.

    I've also picked back up with my FF IX run on iPad. I'm playing it with all the cheats turned on (I'm primarily just interested in going through the story again), so it shouldn't take nearly as long.

    I was hoping that Pillars of Eternity 2 would be the game to break me out of my CRPG funk...but it's not. I'm actually rather sad about that, tbh. I simply can't wrap my head around everything that's going on under the hood with combat, and the lack of any sort of direction on the quests drives me completely nuts. Guess I just need to come to grips with the fact that the CRPS genre has simply passed me by.

    Having some major issues with ESO when transitioning between zones. It doesn't crash, but hangs on the loading screen for sometimes 5-10 minutes until I have to kill the program. No idea what's causing it, since it's completely random and it happens with or without mods. Maybe that's the universe's way of telling me to move on to something new. :)

    Played a bunch of Peggle 2 with the kids, which was fun. Restarted God of War, and made it just past where I left off the first time. Also grabbed One Deck Dungeon on iPad, which is a fun card/dice game port.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I think I am starting to ramp down on Conan Exiles. I'll probably still spend some time with it especially if my son wants to play, but probably not as much as I have been.

    I've been messing around with Wreckfest a little bit and I expect that will continue. I also plan to spend some more time with God of War.

    Lots of Conan Exiles. At this point I am not even sure what I am playing for. I should make a final push for 60 so I can unlock star metal weapons, but I continue to spend most of my time looking for a named alchemist thrall. Because I decided it's a thing I wanted.

    I played quite a bit of Wreckfest and I am enjoying it and hating it. I love some of the special events like, a Supervan vs 23 school buses and vice versa, but the regular races are getting tiresome. Things feel very random and not really in a fun way. I'm on the third series and I am not sure how much I care to push forward.

    Exactly zero God of War was played. I spent all my media room time catching up on Westworld season two. I started the weekend six episodes behind and now I am one episode behind.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    Sunday is the Lion King musical downtown. Tomorrow is boardgame day, but my head state and school workload isn't likely to let me get there.

    I did make it to boardgame day, and had probably the best one I'd had there in a year or more. Let's hear it for mental health.

    The wife loved Lion King. I can appreciate it for the skill and technical wizardry, but I've never cared for the story, and I'm not a fan of musicals, so it's kind of wasted on me. But that's not the reason I go.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member edited June 18
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    I did make it to boardgame day, and had probably the best one I'd had there in a year or more. Let's hear it for mental health.

    The wife loved Lion King. I can appreciate it for the skill and technical wizardry, but I've never cared for the story, and I'm not a fan of musicals, so it's kind of wasted on me. But that's not the reason I go.

    I didn't even think about DGM this weekend. Oh well, I guess I will play some games in 5 months.

    My wife also loved the Lion King. She also had dinner after at Saltgrass. I am sad about missing the second part, but I took the boys to see The Incredibles 2 followed by dinner at Wendy's and that was cool.
Sign In or Register to comment.