What are you buying this week? (June 3, 2018)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
This is the week before E3, are you picking up anything prior to getting excited about the announcements of games we won't be able to play for another year (or two, or never)?

Notable Releases
Antigraviator
Aragami: Shadow Edition
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
Fry Cry 5 - Hours of Darkness DLC
MotoGP 18
OnRush
Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn
Vampyr
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr (console versions delayed one month)

And the whole list:

PC
Antigraviator
Aragami: Nightfall DLC
Awkward
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - Ford DLC
Catch & Release (VR)
Doomed
Fighting Fantasy Classics (plus individual game DLC)
The Great Story of a Mighty Hero - Remastered
Hakoniwa Explorer Plus
The Karters
MotoGP 18
Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi
Rollercoaster Legends II: Thor’s Hammer (VR)
SG/ZH: School Girl/Zombie Hunter
Shape of the World
Suicide Guy: Sleepin' Deeply
Vampyr
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Xbox One
Aragami: Shadow Edition
Awkward
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
Milanoir
MotoGP 18
OnRush
Riddled Corpses EX
Shape of the World
Vampyr

PS4
Awkward
HomeStarVR (PSVR)
MotoGP 18
Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi
OnRush
Perils of Baking
Riddled Corpses EX
Rollercoaster Legends II: Thor’s Hammer (PSVR)
Runbow - Deluxe Edition
Shape of the World
Vampyr

Switch
ACA Neo Geo Riding Hero
Banner Saga 2
Games for Toddlers 2
GRIDD: Retroenhanced
Happy Birthdays
Iro Hero
Kadobat Wars
A Magical High School Girl
MotoGP 18
Operation Hardcore
Runbow - Deluxe Edition
Samurai Defender: Ninja Warfare
Shape of the World
Storm Chaser Tornado Alley
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido

3DS
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido

Vita
Riddled Corpses EX

Comments

• jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member edited June 4
    Personally I am picking up "Fry Cry 5 - Hours of Darkness DLC", the heart breaking tale of a short order cook who is forced to be on the night shift but longs to work lunchtime so he can be with his secret love, a salty but lovable waitress named Ethel.

:3 <3 =)
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Picked up ICEY for Switch today. It's a super interesting side-scrolling brawler with fun combat and a seriously crazy-ass story (seriously).

Interested in Vampyr, but waiting for reviews. Sushi Striker also looks like some silly fun.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Vampyr is on my someday list.

With The Crew 2 not impressing this weekend I don't know what my next purchase will be. PS4 Spiderman in September is the next AA title on my list, with Tomb Raider hot on its heels.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I think my next purchase will be Jurassic World Evolution, but I'm still a bit leery about how much gameplay it's going to have before it becomes just a sandbox amusement park management game.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I'm in the same boat as others on Vampyr. I hope it's good because I'm in the mood for what (I think) it's offering, but I'm waiting for reviews.

Also in for FC5 DLC.

I've heard Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is good, but it seems a little too retro for me. Maybe someday.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I have the season pass, so I'll get the Far Cry 5 DLC.

I'm also watching the Aragami: Nightfall DLC to see how it's received. I really wanted to like the original game, but it had difficulty spikes that made me stop playing fairly early.

Very curious about W40k: Inquisitor - Martyr, but waiting on a sale.

• rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Vampyr looks tempting, it seems like the kind of game that I'll buy, install, watch the intro and then never play again lol.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Picked up ICEY for Switch today. It's a super interesting side-scrolling brawler with fun combat and a seriously crazy-ass story (seriously).

Interested in Vampyr, but waiting for reviews. Sushi Striker also looks like some silly fun.

There is a demo of Sushi Striker in the Nintendo E-Shop if you are interested.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Vampyr reviews exploded onto the internet. Looks like I'm waiting for a sale.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member

There is a demo of Sushi Striker in the Nintendo E-Shop if you are interested.

I've heard some really good things about that game, so definitely check it out if it's up your alley.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Onrush is getting some interesting reviews. I may have to consider that one.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    Vampyr reviews exploded onto the internet. Looks like I'm waiting for a sale.

I read Ron's review and now I have a hankering to buy Vampyr. Dammit. This is how we get a backlog people!
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I feel my resistance to Vampyr is fading quickly.

Side note, did I miss discussion about Detroit Being Human somewhere? Seems like it was supposed to be a "big" release.
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    I picked up Vampyr to add to my massively growing collection of games that are collections digital dust by never getting played. It's nice to see that Aragami got some DLC, so I will also pick that up during a sale.

The ACG review of Vampyr makes it some like a game that is punching above its weight class. I hope it sells well, but I would have preferred a full blown RPG.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    After reading reviews, I’m probably going to hold off on Vampyr for now. Looks interesting, but not $60 levels of interesting.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    It's nice to see that Aragami got some DLC, so I will also pick that up during a sale.

Wait, what?

• MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    rittchard wrote: »
    Side note, did I miss discussion about Detroit Being Human somewhere? Seems like it was supposed to be a "big" release.
    You didn't miss one, I haven't seen any chatter about this here or at OO. I'm in the process of playing it, maybe I'll start something one place or the other.

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    It's nice to see that Aragami got some DLC, so I will also pick that up during a sale.

Wait, what?

Nightfall/
    Aragami: Nightfall is the first story expansion to the celebrated stealth-action game by Lince Works. Aragami: Nightfall is a new campaign taking place before the events of Aragami, which will provide you with new challenges and more complex scenarios for experienced players, as well as proving a crucial chapter in the story of Aragami, in which you will play the events that led to the awakening of Aragami.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Against most of my better judgement, I grabbed Pillars of Eternity 2 this afternoon.

Hoping this is the CRPG that finally clicks. Lol