Weekend Playlist - "Holy crap it's June already" edition (6/1)

Gratch
Gratch
Just more ESO for me, working my way through the Summerset content. I'm planning to at least finish that island and the main story quest, then see if I'm still interested. I'd like to at least get up to CP160 and get some decent gear, but that would probably require me to start running dungeons, which I don't really enjoy in this game.

Might spend some time with Battle Chasers Nightwar as well, but mostly saving that for my road trip next week.

You?

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Cramming for my midterm on Saturday night.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I might play a bit more State of Decay 2, but since the third area I'm in is the rocky one it's much less fun having to make long trips around the map in order to not wreck my car or get hung up on rocks.

I did end up giving in on Yoku's Island Express, so I need to fire that up and give it a whirl.

Also the beta for The Crew 2 on PC.

Oh, and maybe some packing and searching for a new place to live in between.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Blood and Wine mostly but maybe some Horizon: Zero Dawn (second playthrough)
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    farley2k wrote: »
    Blood and Wine mostly ...

Be sure to get some bread or crackers and cheese in between, otherwise that might be a stomach-turning weekend. :wink:

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I can't seem to stop play Conan Exiles and I just bought it for my 12yo so I am sure I will be playing it with him this weekend.

I have God of War, Tennis World Tour, State of Decay 2, The Crew 2 Beta, Prey, Lords of the Fallen, Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4 that I can think of off the top of my head to play, plus 4 episodes of the walking dead and most of the second season of Westworld to watch... yet somehow, I'll be playing Conan Exiles.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    I might play a bit more State of Decay 2, but since the third area I'm in is the rocky one it's much less fun having to make long trips around the map in order to not wreck my car or get hung up on rocks.

I did end up giving in on Yoku's Island Express, so I need to fire that up and give it a whirl.

I have been playing Yoku's Island Express non-stop* since Tuesday.

*Non-stop = I haven't played anything else.

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »

I hadn't heard of this one, but am intrigued by the quick video I just saw. Little B 9.4 would love it...might pick it up tonight.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Bullwinkle wrote: »

I hadn't heard of this one, but am intrigued by the quick video I just saw. Little B 9.4 would love it...might pick it up tonight.

Same... and same.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I'll probably start up fresh in Path of Exile - Incursion league begins today.

I'm really tempted to try out Conan again but I had a really poor experience when I tried it a while back.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member edited June 1
    The wife has been heavy into Conan, building up her home/base. She found a nice cave near a waterfall and walled the cave off for her own uses.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    The wife has been heavy into Conan, building up her hone/base. She found a nice cave near a waterfall and walled the cave off for her own uses.

That sounds HOT.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    rittchard wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to try out Conan again but I had a really poor experience when I tried it a while back.

What made it a poor experience?

I've been playing pretty much constantly since a few days after release and have been having a great time. I am playing on PC, if you are as well, you can join my tiny clan on an established server. That might make life a little easier.. or at the very least more interesting. It's just me, my son and a random guy that I met on another server. We've been playing together for close to two weeks and he has been great. My son is just starting today.

Isgrimnur, you and the wife are welcome as well. The steam server browser lets you find servers where friends are playing(it is official server 1515 if you want to do it the hard way). Playing solo is ok as nobody is messing with you, but it's kind of boring. Also, it's a lot easier to gather materials with lots of people. We have a good size base and have just started bringing in thralls and will be upgrading it to T3 materials this weekend after I make a black ice run.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I've mentioned your server to the wife a couple times. I think she's nested in on her server, and I'm not likely to persist with the game.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I only tried it for a couple hours when it first hit early access, so I'm sure it's changed significantly:

http://gamingtrend.com/forum/discussion/51648/conan-exiles/p1

I still don't quite understand how it works if it's just 2 or 3 people playing/working together on the same server, is there a common goal? Are there NPCs or creatures to fight?
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    It amuses me that I responded to you there and have no recollection of it.

It's pretty much a survival sandbox like ARK: Survival Evolved or Rust or 7 Days to Die, etc. The point is really just to survive... but as you play you level up and get stronger and unlock better stuff and you build up a base, then a better base, then a better base... lots of crafting. You capture NPCs to make thralls (slaves) to help you progress. There are lots of NPCs to kill or avoid as well as lots of creatures and some dungeons and bosses to kill for end game loot.

Most official servers have PvP with base raids limited to primetime hours. Basically you can only damage other people's structures from 5-11pm (eastern, maybe - raid time). There are also PvE-C servers that have PvP but not building destruction. You can group up in clans giving each other access to all of your stuff so you can progress faster and protect each other.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Just more ESO for me, working my way through the Summerset content. I'm planning to at least finish that island and the main story quest, then see if I'm still interested. I'd like to at least get up to CP160 and get some decent gear, but that would probably require me to start running dungeons, which I don't really enjoy in this game.

Might spend some time with Battle Chasers Nightwar as well, but mostly saving that for my road trip next week.

You?

I finished all the Summerset content in ESO. Now I need to figure out what to do next.

Didn't get around to Battle Chasers, but I did grab a really odd platformer called ICEY on Switch. It's bizarre fun.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I can't seem to stop play Conan Exiles and I just bought it for my 12yo so I am sure I will be playing it with him this weekend.

I have God of War, Tennis World Tour, State of Decay 2, The Crew 2 Beta, Prey, Lords of the Fallen, Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4 that I can think of off the top of my head to play, plus 4 episodes of the walking dead and most of the second season of Westworld to watch... yet somehow, I'll be playing Conan Exiles.

100% Conan Exiles - it has now moved into my top 10 most played games on Steam at the #8 slot.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited June 4

Somehow I let the whole weekend go by without playing any of The Crew 2 beta, so I missed my chance at trying that out. :anguished:

I did put some time into Yoku's Island Express which is fun and charming, although occasionally frustrating in the same way pinball can be if you're not perfect with getting it to go exactly where you want.

And more time spent in SoD2 after their giant 19GB patch. Still working on the third map, there's a whole section I've hardly explored.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Somehow I let the whole weekend go by without playing any of The Crew 2 beta, so I missed my chance at trying that out. :anguished:

Oh, I did spend another hour or so with it covering pretty much all of the available content. You didn't miss anything. I'll probably pick it up eventually, but only when I've got nothing else to play.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member

100% Conan Exiles - it has now moved into my top 10 most played games on Steam at the #8 slot.

I’ll admit to being a little annoyed that none of the games I’ve spent hundreds (ESO, GW2, KOTOR, Neverwinter, Diablo, etc) or thousands (FF XIV) of hours with are through Steam.

I think my longest playtime in Steam is 40’ish hours in Skyrim.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I think I have ~396 hours on XCOM2 and I am probably not done with that one.