Fallout 76

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Fallout Wiki
    Vault 76 is one of the Vault-Tec vaults shown on the computer in the Citadel.

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Yeah, as mentioned in the trailers thread I'm definitely excited for this one and to see the possible new take on the world based on 70's culture instead of retro 50's.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member edited May 30
    There's speculation this is going to be more settlement/shelter than a typical RPG. But until the reveal on the 10th or leaks, it's just speculation.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    There's speculation this is going to be more settlement/shelter than a typical RPG. But until the reveal on the 10th or leaks, it's just speculation.

Yeah, according to Kotaku "sources say it is an online survival game", which would super bum me out. I'm so tired of all the survival games over the last several years, and I thought the building was the worst part of Fallout 4.

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Yeah, I left Fallout 4 unplayed for a long time because of the building. Just no interest. I've gone back and ignored it, and I've been having more fun, but that aspect is just not for me.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    I seem to recall only doing the building you were forced to do for the tutorial? I completely ignored it afterwards. This news bums me out. :'(
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    So far, that does seem to be the case, but there's a sense of missing something when I ignore it.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I enjoyed Fallout 3, but everything since has just felt like nothing more than a copy of that exact same game with a new skin. I lost interest pretty quickly in both New Vegas and FO4 because it all just felt like MOTS.

Like others, anything with online survival and building aspects do absolutely nothing for me, so I'm likely out on this one too.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    xQlkrga.jpg
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Conan meets Fallout with the possibility of nuking your opponents. With a corrupted VATS:
    It will be present, Todd Howard said in an interview with Geoff Keighley, but not quite as we've seen it previously.

"It's real-time," Howard said. "It doesn't slow time. But it lets you target and pick parts and all of that, but it's in real-time. It still works great. It's different, obviously, because it's real-time, but the basics of it, which are, 'I can't really—I'm not that good of a twitch shooter' … You can kind of picture how it works. Like, I'm not as good as lining up someone and getting a head shot, but I've made my character good at VATS, and now I can do that."
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    That sounds like a decent compromise. I thought that the Crackdown games did a pretty good job with that for a controller. Just hold the left trigger to lock on, and flick the right stick to pick the body part.