Weekend Playlist - 5/5 La edición del cinco de mayo! (Also free comics!)

katamaris4ever
katamaris4ever
Whether you're celebrating the victory at the Battle of Puebla or one of the more important comic book holidays, we all have time for games! What are you playing this time around?

...I bought Timberman VS because it was less than $2 on the Switch eShop. Other than that, I've been playing Ninja Striker because it's a very entertaining title (also $4!) All in all, not too many big things for me since it's free comic book day y'all!

Comments

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I'm still grinding away at Battletech. One day I will get back to Lords of the Fallen... maybe, but for now Battletech is scratching my turn based tactical itch. Oh, I will also spend the weekend begging my 11yo to play Gloomhaven with me.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    It's all Elder Scrolls Online for me. Finished up all the Morrowind stuff this week, and now back on the mainland starting the Daggerfall quests and main story. And trying to figure out how the hell crafting works...and failing miserably. :(
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    God of War if I get any playtime.
  • Mr. Feral
    Mr. Feral
    GT Editor
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I'm still grinding away at Battletech. One day I will get back to Lords of the Fallen... maybe, but for now Battletech is scratching my turn based tactical itch. Oh, I will also spend the weekend begging my 11yo to play Gloomhaven with me.

Yeah, Lord's of the Fallen is good but somehow easy to put down and not pick up. Battletech on the other hand I need to stop myself from playing because of its depth, much like Gloomhaven.

I'll be getting up to some Wolfenstein: the Old Blood, checking out the new Hanzo rework, and planning out a new politically based d&d campaign I start running next week.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I just picked up City of Brass and I'm having quite some fun with it so far.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Mr. Feral wrote: »
    Yeah, Lord's of the Fallen is good but somehow easy to put down and not pick up.

That's a great description of SO many games.
  • disarm
    disarm
    GT Member
    God of War...loving it so far and feels like I'm still just getting started
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    It's all Elder Scrolls Online for me. Finished up all the Morrowind stuff this week, and now back on the mainland starting the Daggerfall quests and main story. And trying to figure out how the hell crafting works...and failing miserably. :(

A ton of time in ESO, dinged level 33 tonight. Almost done with Glenumbra, with just a couple remaining quest hubs. Finally started figuring out crafting too, which is alternately cool and terrifying (the amount of resources it requires seems a little crazy).

Also grabbed Star Wars Episode I Racer from GOG. While the prequels were garbage, I remember really enjoying that one as a racer. After spending an hour trying to get the controls to work (be sure to hit the "Enable joystick" button, kids!), I was actually able to run a few races. The graphics were far rougher than I remember, but the core of a great racing game is still there.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    I just picked up City of Brass and I'm having quite some fun with it so far.

Yep, played several lives of that. The whipping is done really well and feels super satisfying. And I'm glad that they have an option to turn off the timer, as I'm the kind of person that explores all around the map and hate getting chased out by invincible timer demons.

Also played some NoReload Heroes. It's a fun little twin-stick shooter, but doesn't feel like it has a ton of depth. At least for how far I've been able to get. And restarting after every death feels like a bit of a slog without much for improvements so not sure how many more runs I'll make.