Weekend Playlist - 4/27 AVENGERS ASSEMBLE edition

katamaris4ever
katamaris4ever
edited April 27 in Video Games
I know we're in the middle of Infinity War hype, but what are y'all playing this weekend?

I'm gonna get through some Dad of War God of War hopefully (I bought it last Friday but I made a solemn pact not to play until I get to with my best friend lol), but in the meantime I got Dissidia Final Fantasy NT to worry about. I don't hate it, but I can see where people that were thinking of a fighting sequel might dislike this one. It feels more like a team-based MOBA than anything else, to be honest.

Comments

• Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member edited April 27
    It's all about God of War this weekend. I absolutely HATED Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. Felt like a mobile game pretending to be a full price console game. Ugh. Anyone want to buy a practically brand new copy from me?
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    It's all about God of War this weekend. I absolutely HATED Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. Felt like a mobile game pretending to be a full price console game. Ugh. Anyone want to buy a practically brand new copy from me?

Same here. It was an arcade game at heart, and it showed.

Probably not much gaming for me this weekend. Spending today in Vegas with Mrs. Gratch, tomorrow is a big family event (something about kids going to a farm, I’m told), sis in law comes in Sunday morning and we’re dojng brunch, then I’m taking Little B 9.2 to see Labyrinth in the theater that afternoon.

Any time between that chaos will be spent with either ESO or God of War.
  • Soulchilde
    Soulchilde
    GT Member
    Warframe as usual
  • Mr. Feral
    Mr. Feral
    GT Editor
    I'll be diving further into Battletech this weekend, but also taking some time for Overwatch. (By the way, if anyone wants to jump in with me let me know and I'll see if we can get a team together. I play on PS4). Apart from that I will be prepping for more Deadlands, slowly driving my players insane. Good fun.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Mr. Feral wrote: »
    I'll be diving further into Battletech this weekend

Same for me. I am finally starting to get a handle on the game play and seeing some success.

I assume RNGeezus will punish me for that comment.
  • disarm
    disarm
    GT Member
    Entirely too much God of War. I just turned it off at 2:30am because I'm totally hooked and the game really doesn't have distinct places to stop.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    For some reason I ended up finally starting Shadwen and playing it for several hours yesterday. It's certainly not perfect, and I feel like there are some minor changes they could make to improve it, but it is still pretty fun if you like stealth games.

And a bit of PositronX, a first person shooter rogue-lite that seems to have a ton of potential depth in things to unlock, and I guess more coming since it's in Early Access.

Today I did more backlog exploring and played Elliot Quest, which is a really well made NES-style Metroidvania that is maybe inspired by Kid Icarus but I never actually played that game despite always wondering about it since he was in that cartoon.

That ended up getting me to also finally dive into The Disney Afternoon Collection, and it turns out actual NES games are way easier (and less frustrating) when you can rewind at any point. Makes going back to those games soooo much nicer.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    Mr. Feral wrote: »
    I'll be diving further into Battletech this weekend

Same for me. I am finally starting to get a handle on the game play and seeing some success.

I assume RNGeezus will punish me for that comment.

Yep, pretty much that plus a couple board games in honor of International Tabletop Day.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Any time between that chaos will be spent with either ESO or God of War.

Did a couple hours of ESO last night.

Decided I'm going to put GoW on the backburner until this ESO itch passes, since I'm so bad at multitasking games.