Shadow of the Tomb Raider Catch All

farley2k
farley2k
I have seen a lot of news about this because they apparently had a press event so I figured it was time to have a catch all thread.

Comments

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator edited April 27
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider - We've Played It! 5 Reasons We're Excited
    * Best part - there are sections of puzzles, it isn't just killing people - which is all the trailer really shows.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - The End of the Beginning
    *This trailer in fact! Just killing people.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - First Impressions

We Played Shadow of the Tomb Raider for 1 Hour - Hands-On Discussion - GameXplain

• damphyr
    damphyr
    GT Editor
    Hi hi!

I was fortunate enough to attend the Shadow of the Tomb Raider event last night, and was able to play the first ~30 minutes of the game. Hands-on will be up very shortly, in the mean time, feel free to ask me anything!

Here's a few notes I took during the presser itself:

We first saw Laura as a victim in Tomb Raider 2013. She was inexperienced and had to forge herself into something stronger. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, we saw her step out into her first tomb raiding expedition, seeking to prove her father wrong. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, we see something entirely new, entirely different: We see Laura become an apex predator. We will see her become the tomb raider she was meant to be.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, the states are higher than ever. Not only must she battle Trinity every step of the way, she is also racing to stop a Mayan apocalypse. She will continually be confronted with difficult choices, choices which will not just define her, but also the fate of the human race.

More capable and cunning than ever, she will have to survive a brutal jungle setting, and learn to use the untamed landscape as her weapon, not just on land, but a also on water. Shadow of the Tomb Raider will bring back swimming, and if you’re thinking leisurely swims in skimpy suits, you don’t know Tomb Raider. Swimming will, in and of itself, be a form of combat. The jungle is full of parasites and predators, and your need to breathe can and will be used against you.

Beyond swimming, Laura will have to master the use of fire, camouflage, and what can elements can be made her allies, if she’s going to survive long enough to find a tomb.

While Rise of the Tomb Raider saw the return of tombs, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the era of terrifying tombs. The jungle is torturous, enemies are everywhere, and just getting to a tomb will be a challenging undertaking. The tombs themselves are puzzles, and it’s going to be easier than ever to fall prey to the many traps and treacheries of the ancients. Solving the puzzle of a tomb will be a multi-part challenge, and the very elements which will allow you to complete the puzzle could kill you, if you don’t do it correctly.

Just because the runes are ancient doesn’t mean they’re dead. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is filled with a living history, and not all the tombs are dead. Laura seeks the Hidden City, and (spoiler alert!) she’s going to find it… and the people within it. Forging alliances will be critical to her survival,