[PS4] Spiderman 9/7/2018

farley2k
farley2k
edited April 4 in Video Games
Spider-Man PS4 Comes Out September 7

TyTNtG5.gif

Spider-Man will be out September 7, developer Insomniac Games said today. Prepare to swing webs and so on.

The upcoming superhero action game, announced at E3 2016, is a PlayStation 4 exclusive set in an open-world version of New York City. You’ll play as a 23-year-old version of Peter Parker, fighting the likes of Kingpin and Mister Negative.

Insomniac Games is perhaps best known for the Ratchet and Clank series, although in recent years the studio has released several original games including the shooter Fuse and the Xbox exclusive action game Sunset Overdrive. If you can’t wait until September for more details, this month’s Game Informer cover story is all about Spidey.

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    That's a nice, early release date ahead of the fall/holiday rush. I'm guessing this means we'll see plenty of gameplay at E3 in a couple months.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I am annoyed it is the same month as Dragon Quest XI. Feast or famine!
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Exclusive Impressions Of Spider-Man's Gameplay - Game Informer

• katamaris4ever
    katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    It's gonna be out on my birthday!
    (Seriously getting this because of this fact)
    But are we gonna get the pizza missions from the second game though? XD
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    zkTKiJm.jpg
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Marvel's Spider-Man - The First 5 Hours - Easy Allies Preview

• rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I still can't seem to preorder the Collector's Edition, so annoying.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    14 Cool New Things You Need to Know About Marvel's Spider-Man - New Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Gameplay

*some spoilers so don't watch if you don't want to know anything.

• Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    The more Previews I see, the better the game looks. I’m hoping the quality is on par with the Batman games from Rocksteady.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator edited August 6
    When you mix Spider-man and Mortal Kombat. I think it shows a bit more accurately what spidey's combat would do to enemies.

w82s68ic6lq01.gif
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Spiderman PS4 Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Rent, Never Touch?"

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Marvel’s Spider-Man - Easy Allies Review

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Don't watch if you don't want mild spoilers.

NEW Marvel's Spider-Man 4K Gameplay - Insomniac Answers All Your Questions!

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    GT has made the big time!
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Spider-Man PS4 Pro VS PS4, A Graphical Powerhouse - Sony's Best Looking Open World Exclusive Yet?

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I liked this review.

Gamespot review.

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Can We Swing Across New York in Marvel's Spider-Man Without Touching The Ground?

• Hrothgar
    Hrothgar
    GT Member
    Initial impressions. I couldn't get the digital version to start at all for while (it would turn off the PS4). Once I got it running, I've had two crashes (both in the menus). Normally, I'd wait a month for the bugs to get stomped, but gosh darn it, I'm having too much fun swinging around as old webhead. I'm just starting to get the hang of combat. It's surprisingly easy to die. It's probably just that I'm getting old. I had the same problem with the new God of War. It's clear a lot of love went into this game. If you haven't got it yet, maybe wait for a patch or two. Once you start playing it's hard to stop.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I am also finding the combat to be kick-in-the-nuts hard. It's fun and interesting, but, man I'm avoiding bases for a while due to the wave system. It sucks to constantly get to the final wave, die, then have to start over.

Stealth really helps more in this game than I would have thought, but it does no good once the waves start.

OTOH, I played this damned thing for something like seven hours today. Zoinks.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Wow... getting myself killed over and over in what is still (I assume) the tutorial section by Fisk and that's after turning the game down to Eas… errr, "Friendly" difficulty. I need to suck less at this right quick. :'( And it keeps talking about a "Moves List" in the pause screen but not seeing that yet, wondering if that shows up once I manage to survive this initial encounter.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I think the Moves section is in the map/character/skills menu (i.e. what you get when you press the touchpad), if that helps.

From what I've heard, the fights get a lot easier once Spidey powers up, but I'm already a chunk in, and I still find myself getting overwhelmed by simple mugging thugs.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member edited September 8
    Thanks, could have sworn I already tried the touchpad and it didn't bring up anything... yet. I'll try again next time I'm playing. Funny seeing all the trophies from friends come up and me with none yet, too bad there isn't one for dying twenty times during the tutorial... almost there! =)

Ah, there it is. D'oh! Map is "offline" for now but the other bits are there. B)

Finally...
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    So, I was swinging around Manhattan last night, and I happened to zip by a movie marquee with a marriage proposal on it. I remember wondering if it was a genuine proposal and thinking that was cute.

This morning, the story happened to come up in one of my news feeds, and it turns out it was a genuine proposal meant to cap off a five-year relationship, but in between the time the guy asked Insomniac to do it and the game's release, the bitch dumped him for his brother. She even said that she wouldn't want to be proposed to like that anyway.

Man, I hope Insomniac patches that marquee to say something like, "Rot in hell, Maddie!"

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/09/spider-man-ps4-marriage-proposal-easter-egg-maddie-said-no/
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    Really enjoying the game but I was having trouble timing the dodge move and I was sure I was hitting it correctly. I used the skill to make the time a bit longer and that solved my issue. I was dying a lot in combat until I got that and now I still die occasionally but definitely not as much.

The game does Spider-man's banter so well, something the movies just never got right, and I've chuckled quite a few times the writing is awesome.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    shon wrote: »
    The game does Spider-man's banter so well, something the movies just never got right, and I've chuckled quite a few times the writing is awesome.

My favorite so far, I think, is "Are you sure we can't just solve this with some fruit pies?"

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    This morning, the story happened to come up in one of my news feeds, and it turns out it was a genuine proposal meant to cap off a five-year relationship, but in between the time the guy asked Insomniac to do it and the game's release, the bitch dumped him for his brother. She even said that she wouldn't want to be proposed to like that anyway.

Don't be so quick to judge when you only have one side of the story. A video game proposal would have sent my wife running... I mean except that she would never see it unless I showed her and then it would be, "This is a joke right? THAT is how you are proposing to me?!?"

Unlikely she would take up with one of my brothers though...

On the game, I have watched a little over an hour of a playthrough on YouTube and I am definitely more excited for the game now, but with Tomb Raider coming on Friday, I'm guessing I'll be able to get my hands on a used copy of Spider-Man when I'm ready for it.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »

Don't be so quick to judge when you only have one side of the story. A video game proposal would have sent my wife running... I mean except that she would never see it unless I showed her and then it would be, "This is a joke right? THAT is how you are proposing to me?!?"

Unlikely she would take up with one of my brothers though...

On the game, I have watched a little over an hour of a playthrough on YouTube and I am definitely more excited for the game now, but with Tomb Raider coming on Friday, I'm guessing I'll be able to get my hands on a used copy of Spider-Man when I'm ready for it.