Weekend playlist - 3/9 edition

Gratch
Gratch
edited March 9 in Video Games
I finally pulled the trigger on a new PC today. Yay! My 4-year-old system was starting to have just enough annoying issues that it made me want something new. Not a crazy update, but a decent new mid-range system to replace my system that was mid-range in 2014.

Weekend will probably be spent between Skyrim on Switch, Dungeons 3 on PC, or continuing my binge watch of The Office on Netflix.

Comments

• rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Oh nice Gratch, I recently caught a few episodes of The Office circa season 2 or 3 (I think) and they were just awesome (sexual harrassment ep, Dundee awards ep). I forgot how much I used to love that show!

I'm not sure what I'll be playing this weekend. I tried Vermintide 2 last night but it was kind of a disappointment. Into The Breach is a fun diversion but I'd much rather play it on a mobile platform. So maybe I'll stick with Path of Exile or take a jaunt back to League of Legends.
  • JoshDevlin
    JoshDevlin
    GT Editor
    @Gratch I love that you bought a PC and are watching Netflix and playing with your Switch. That sounds like something I would do lol. :p

I'll be playing God of War Remastered, some Super Nintendo games on an emulator, and Monster Hunter World.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I watched The Office through season 4, and gave up after that. This was pre-Netflix days, and I lost patience waiting a week between each new episode. Binge watching is a such a better way to go.

I also picked up Splatoon 2 for Little B 9.0 It'll be her first true FPS game, and I'm interested to see how she reacts to it.

I think FF XV will be the first game on the new PC. I beat it on PS4 (and played halfway through the portable version), but those sweet, sweet PC graphics look too good to pass up.

Dungeons 3 is a surprisingly fun (and funny) Dungeon Keeper substitute. Quite impressed so far.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I've been getting into Heroes of Hammerwatch and slowly making progress despite dying frequently.

Probably H1Z1 for more Auto Royale craziness.

And maybe Wreckfest or Gravel to get some more driving in.

I picked up Astroneer and was planning on playing that, but it's interface and basic interactions are really infuriating me so maybe not any more of that.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited March 10
    I ended up playing a couple hours of the Tera open beta on PS4 last night. It’s certainly not perfect (crashed back to the dashboard twice and wouldn’t load one of the zones), but is miles ahead of the complete clusterfuck it was during the closed beta.

EDIT: Scratch that, this game is still a complete and utter disaster. In the space of an hour I have had the following:

- Game has completely frozen four times, requiring me to kill the app and restart.
    - Two disconnects
    - Hung on the loading screen trying to move between zones twice. Let it try and load for a full 5 minutes before restarting
    - Randomly kicked me back to the PS dashboard 3 times
    - Wouldn't let me access my inventory tab (clicking on it just gave me a spinning "loading" icon)
    - Horrible lag
    - NPC labels all disappeared, so I had no idea who I was talking to
    - Character models would load...there was a just a blank grey blob where they were supposed to be.
    - Quest dialog wouldn't trigger

You're supposed to get a mount if you stay connected for 2 hours, but I really doubt that's possible. It's a complete and utter fail.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    IT Audit assignments and PUBG.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    I finally pulled the trigger on a new PC today. Yay! My 4-year-old system was starting to have just enough annoying issues that it made me want something new. Not a crazy update, but a decent new mid-range system to replace my system that was mid-range in 2014.

Weekend will probably be spent between Skyrim on Switch, Dungeons 3 on PC, or continuing my binge watch of The Office on Netflix.

Mostly stuck with Skyrim this weekend. This is now the fourth time I’ve started it; twice on PC, once on PS4, and now on Switch. All three of my previous tries got me around 30 hours in before quitting. The amazing thing to me is that even though this is my 4th try, I’m seeing a ton of things I hadn’t seen before on any of my prior playthroughs. Dungeons, quests, locations...it’s almost like I’m playing a whole different game this time, which is really cool. Speaks to how well the game is designed.