The first State of Decay was on of my favorite games of the last generation and a wonderful surprise from nowhere. It is one of the only games that I felt actually got the true zombie survival feeling right.
Microsoft has announced that State of Decay 2 will be releasing on May 22nd, and the regular edition coming out for only $30 with the Ultimate Edition coming for $50. They told IGN that the price is kept low to get as many people in the game as possible, which is fine by me. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/06/state-of-decay-2-release-date-price-announced-a-ign-first
The Ultimate Edition will come with an XB1 copy of State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition, 4-day early start to play the new game, and the two add-on packs that will come later. Like all of Microsoft's other first party games this year it is both Play Anywhere and going to be part of the Game Pass program.
Preorder either version to get the "Prepper's Pack":
The Prepper's Pack contains:
Melee Weapon - Grasscutter: It may not be an immortal blade from ancient history, but it sure slices through zombies as if it were.
Vehicle - Rhames V (Tiger Claw paint job): A modern truck with a custom paint job.
• Materials - Rucksack of materials. Used for building up and maintaining your base.
• Food - Rucksack of food. Used for feeding your Survivors.
• Skill Book: Gardening - Teaches one of your Survivors the basic Gardening skill. Requires an empty skill slot.
• Facility Mod: Garden Tools - An array of pro-grade cultivation tools. Install this mod in a Garden or Farm to increase our yield.
• 2x 6-slot Backpack
• 5x Boxes of Seeds - Used for upgrading gardens and farms, as well as for boosting their yields.
• Assorted vegetable and herb seeds, useful for growing crops.
• 6x Molotovs - This improvised incendiary bursts on contact, creating a moderate-sized area of burning death.