Weekend playlist - 2/16, Long weekend edition

Gratch
Gratch
Looking forward to the holiday weekend...I could really use the extra day off!

Will be playing more Monster Hunter World this weekend. Still enjoying it, but the realization of the grind is starting to set in, and I'm not entirely sure how much enthusiasm I have for that. We'll see.

Will do some FF XV Pocket Edition as well. Just finished Chapter 4 (of 10) and, bugs aside, I'm really enjoying it. Probably need to get back to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at some point (I hate leaving a game I've put 70 hours into unfinished), but I'm not sure I have much interest in completing it. We'll see.

I also have a $60 Gamestop gift card burning a hole in my pocket (V-Day gift from Mrs. Gratch), so I might end up with something entirely new as well. Maybe Bayonetta...hmmm.

What are you playing?

Comments

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I'm still all in on Monster Hunter World. I'm going to beat those damn elder dragons this weekend. The wind dragon has been my story goal for almost a week now. Once I had him showing skulls and ran out of time. I just couldn't get close enough to hurt him with all the tornadoes.

I did pick up Subnautica earlier this week and have been loving the hell out of that as well, which is costing me some Monster hunting time.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Get to try and motivate to finish my lab tonight so I can go play boardgames tomorrow.

Sunday/Monday will probably be PUBG or an effort to motivate into something with a finish line.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    Get to try and motivate to finish my lab tonight so I can go play boardgames tomorrow.

I may just try to show up and play board games too. I wouldn't put money on it, but I'll try.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I picked FF XV cheap since I never finished it. So me and the bros will be exploring the world.

ff.jpg?itok=SGlVLguk
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Or pushing a car. ;)
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    Dark Souls 3 played it when it came out and just got to the point I stopped at there so hopefully I'll continue on and actually finish the game.
    Subnautica - Getting close to the end and enjoying every minute.
    Might try the Metal Gear Survive Beta
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    Dark Souls 3 played it when it came out and just got to the point I stopped at there so hopefully I'll continue on and actually finish the game.
    Subnautica - Getting close to the end and enjoying every minute.
    Might try the Metal Gear Survive Beta
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Will do some FF XV Pocket Edition as well. Just finished Chapter 4 (of 10) and, bugs aside, I'm really enjoying it.

Definitely DO NOT buy this game at this point. In addition to the multiple annoying bugs (crackling sound, voices switching to other languages, framerate slowdown, etc.). I just hit a gamebreaker as well.

In the cave to Ramuh, Prompto gets dragged off by a mob. You're supposed to beat the mob, then he rejoins the party. I finished this sequence, but the game crashed shortly after and my last save was prior to that battle. Now that I've reloaded, it won't trigger the battle that you have to finish in order for Prompto to rejoin. So I would have to run the entire rest of the dungeon down one party member, which makes the other battles basically impossible to beat. And since there's only one save slot...

I love what they've done with this version, but you should absolutely steer clear until they fix the bugs. It's a damn mess right now.
  • YellowKing
    YellowKing
    GT Member edited February 17
    I picked up Middle Earth: Shadow of War this weekend. I know it got a bit of a lukewarm reception, but I loved the first one and have been waiting for this one to hit a good price point. I've just realized over the past few years that even though I'll dabble (and sometimes even finish) games in other genres, open-world stuff with collectibles is like crack to me. I'm still playing Monster Hunter World, but it wasn't scratching the itch I felt after finishing AC: Origins.

I'm really enjoying ME: Shadow of War so far since they went the direction of just starting you out powerful and dispensing with the slow grind to get to a point where you feel like you can kick ass.

My plan is to finish this one up about the time Far Cry 5 comes out and just transition right into that one.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited February 20
    Ended up all over the place this weekend.

- A little Monster Hunter World, probably enough to know that my time with it is done. (up in the trading forum for anyone who wants it)
    - Quite a bit of FFXV Pocket Edition, until the bugs finally defeated me.
    - Played through most of Silence, a point and click adventure that looks fantastic, but has such a remarkably boring story that I couldn't be bothered to finish...and it's only 5 hours long.
    - Got my annual itch to play WoW, and ran a Panda up through level 20. Trying to decide if I want to keep playing or not...leaning towards not.
    - Played through the first couple hours of Battle Chef Brigade on Switch, which isn't nearly as fun as I expected it would be.
    - Grabbed Skyrim Special Edition and started up yet another go. Deciding whether I want to keep playing with mods on PC, or go portable with the Switch version. Hmmm...
    - Poked my head back into FF XIV a bit. Got a month left on my sub...maybe I'll go through and actually finish the story content up through the latest patch.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I'm still all in on Monster Hunter World. I'm going to beat those damn elder dragons this weekend. The wind dragon has been my story goal for almost a week now. Once I had him showing skulls and ran out of time. I just couldn't get close enough to hurt him with all the tornadoes.

I did pick up Subnautica earlier this week and have been loving the hell out of that as well, which is costing me some Monster hunting time.

Played lots of Monster Hunter World but did not even attempt the wind dragon that is holding back my story progress. I got a few weapon upgrades and a couple armor upgrades and completed a couple side quests.

I finished the story bits of Subnautica. I had a lot of fun with that, but not sure I want to go back for more or just call it done.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    farley2k wrote: »
    I picked FF XV cheap since I never finished it. So me and the bros will be exploring the world.

I got to play a few hours and I am reminded how annoying the driving was. I go get a quest drive for 5 minutes, solve quest in 2 minutes and then drive back to the quest giver for 5 minutes. So I am spending 5x more time driving.

At first I was reluctant to spend 10 gil to fast travel but I have just started doing it. The load screen only takes 30 seconds or so which is far, far less than it takes to drive.

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »

Sunday/Monday will probably be PUBG or an effort to motivate into something with a finish line.

Finished the lab on Friday, went to the boardgame event, but didn't play, as my head wasn't in a good spot. Did get to spend some time with my friend, Joe, however.

Sunday, we saw Black Panther, and yesterday was lots of chores.

There were a few rounds of PUBG in there, as well as me bouncing off of The Operational Art of War, I'm making progress, but the nature of the game doesn't exactly lend itself to drop-in and play.