Weekend playlist - 2/9 edition

Gratch
Gratch
Mostly Monster Hunter World for me. It alternates between thrilling and utterly incomprehensible, but has (so far) leaned towards the former. Hopefully that trend continues.

I want to try and keep going with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well, simply because I hate putting 80 hours into a game and not finishing it. Chapter 8 is dragging soooooo badly though.

I also picked up the Final Fantasy XV "Pocket Edition" for ipad. I initially thought this was a very silly idea, but after reading a few reviews and first impressions, I've changed my mind.

I (obviously) played through the PS4 version, and while I liked it overall, the whole thing felt extremely unfocused. I would typically ignore the main quest, spending hours and hours exploring the world and doing a hundred different sidequests and hunts. By by the time I got back around to doing the main quest, I often forgot what I was doing and why it was even important. It caused the game to feel extremely disjointed and really hurt the overall flow.

PE's more streamlined version that focuses specifically on the main storyline and cuts out a lot of the other distraction will likely make the game work significantly better as a whole. We'll see.

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I get to write a 1-page summary for my eventual 10-page Business Intelligence paper. Other than that, I'll probably bounce between Battlefield 4 and PUBG.

I need to get some work done around the house. The detritus of Christmas is still staged in the dining room, and needs to be cleared so I can pursue some cardboard gaming.
  • JoshDevlin
    JoshDevlin
    GT Editor
    Still unpacking from my recent move, but I'm working getting my gaming stuff set up first of course. Maybe some PubG and God of War II Remastered.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Mostly Monster Hunter World for me. It alternates between thrilling and utterly incomprehensible, but has (so far) leaned towards the former. Hopefully that trend continues.

I'm 40 some odd hours into MH:W and I've hit another damn wall. I'm in the early stages of moving from Low Rank to High Rank hunts, having just opened my first 7 star hunt and that thing is kicking my ass all over the place. I think I will need to step back and upgrade some equipment before I can take the Pink Rathian out to open up other 7* options.

The thing that is annoying me is that I just opened that up this morning and the final Limited Bounty for this week is to complete five 7* missions... and the limited bounties end later this afternoon (5 or 6pm CST I think). The rewards for completing limited bounties are items that you can use to get rare items from the melder and if I remain stuck on this damn monster I'll miss out on two of those rewards.

On the plus side, I am working from home today, so I can play some on the side, but as the days goes on it seems less and less likely I will make it.

Amusingly, the 7 star stuff opens up at hunter rank 12 or so... some of my friends are hunter rank 50+. I'm a little behind the curve. I guess I could call in some help. =)

Now that I have typed all this I realize it should go in the game thread, but I can't be bothered. I just wanted to annoy Gratch. B)
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    I too will be MHWing it, until my kid takes the console.

I've just opened up 2* hunts. ;) It's gonna be a long weekend.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I'll continue my eval of MU Legends. If it falls apart I'll likely go back to Path of Exile to slaughter everything in sight with my super Necromancer build.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    On a completely unrelated topic I just noticed that pick of Josh Devlin was pretty attractive so I clicked on him and then saw we share the same birthday!!! Not the year of course, I'm way older.
  • Andrew Mallon
    Andrew Mallon
    GT Member
    I'm going to keep playing Mario + Rabbids. On world 4-4.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    rittchard wrote: »
    On a completely unrelated topic I just noticed that pick of Josh Devlin was pretty attractive so I clicked on him and then saw we share the same birthday!!! Not the year of course, I'm way older.

Perhaps, but he trashed Okami, so we are all forced to shun the non-believer.

SHUN! SHUN! SHUN! SHUN! ;)
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    30 hours this week and counting in Subnautica.

What a brilliant survival game that has an intriguing story with some supernatural elements. It's really keeping me engaged and not having to find or create my own fun all the time is great.