Final Fantasy Dissidia NT

Gratch
Gratch
In addition to just being a general FF whore, I really enjoyed the first two Dissidia games on PSP. They typically take a while to click, but are a blast once they do. I'm a little skeptical about moving to a 3v3 model instead of a 1v1, mainly because there is already SO much to keep track of at any given time. I can't help but think that 3v3 is only going to complicate that even further.

It's a bit odd that there's no reviews yet. I'll be picking it up on the way home today and should have some initial impressions later tonight. Anyone else giving it a shot?

Comments

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Initial impressions from an hour of play:

- OMG, so complicated.
    - Not crazy about the switch from 1v1 to 3v3.
    - Way too much going on to keep track of.
    - Looks and sounds really good
    - You can tell it started as an arcade game. Feels more... like transactional than previous Dissidia games.
    - Did I mention it’s crazy complicated?
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Played a bit more last night, and have come away not really liking it at all. There's a distinct lack of game modes, no story to speak of (at least the previous two games made an effort in that department), the arenas are mostly boring, the tutorials are awful (had to go through the first one three times before I could win my first battle), there's no move lists, and - most importantly - the 3v3 model just simply isn't very fun. It's disappointing as a huge fan of the series, but I guess I should have expected something similar from a straight arcade port.

I'm probably going to trade/sell it and pick up Monster Hunter World instead.