Weekend Playlist - 1/26/18

katamaris4ever
katamaris4ever
It's time for another wonderful weekend! With some excellent titles released in the past couple of days, what are y'all playing?

For me, it's a couple indie titles (Fantasy Hero ~Unsigned Legacy~ and Earth Wars/Earth's Dawn). I might pick up Celeste, but we'll see where that takes me.

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Homework with the occasional PUBG diversion.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Tesla vs Lovecraft! :love:
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    PUBG has been uninstalled.
    Valkyria Chronicles has been uninstalled.

This mean I will be doing something different this weekend. I am leaning towards picking up Monster Hunter World on my way home. We'll see if I still feel that way in 3 hours.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Probably just more Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I've hit a bit of a lull around the 60 hour mark, but am hoping that I can push through and get to a more interesting part of the story. Chapter 7 is boooooooring.

I'm debating starting Zelda BOTW as well, but don't think that trying to play two large open-world'ish games is a particularly good recipe for finishing either one.

Might give Battle Chef Brigade another spin. It didn't grab me nearly as much as I expected on first blush, but maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.
  • Andrew Mallon
    Andrew Mallon
    GT Member edited January 27
    Going to the Arizona - Utah game in a few hours (Go Cats!) so won't have much time to play today. Looking forward to playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle tomorrow. Hoping to finish World 3 this weekend.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Going to the Arizona - Utah game in a few hours (Go Cats!) so won't have much time to play today. Looking forward to playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle tomorrow. Hoping to finish World 3 this weekend.

You misspelled GO UTES!!

(I fully expect that AZ gives us a beat down today. We have absolutely no consistency at all this year, and our bigs are terrible.)
  • Andrew Mallon
    Andrew Mallon
    GT Member edited January 27
    Utes have a great chance to pull out an upset, especially if Alkins is out and Arizona goes through another 5+ minute scoring drought like they've been doing the last few games.Arizona played their most consistent game up in Utah a few weeks ago, which I think is the primary reason they won. Should be a great game to watch though!

And... thanks for beating Arizona State on Thursday!
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    You're outnumbered, Gratch.

PLqEUyG.png
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Utah seems to be outnumbered on the court too.

Oh well. I figured that splitting this weekend would be a huge success.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Goddammitsomuch
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    A 1-point loss to the 11th-ranked team and conference leader? It could have been worse.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited January 28
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    A 1-point loss to the 11th-ranked team and conference leader? It could have been worse.

We did far better than I expected. Not crazy about putting the ball in our freshman’s hands at the end of the game, but I was impressed with Utah’s grit to fight back. Arizona just has too damn much talent...and big guys who suddenly decide to hit threes. :)

And how did I not know you’re an AZ fan?
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    Just finished playing through What Remains of Edith Finch and really enjoyed it. Gets a big thumbs up from me. :)

... and it dawned on me after I had posted this that there is a tie into their first game, The Unfinished Swan, with one of the family members.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    And how did I not know you’re an AZ fan?

I keep it low-key. My undergrad alma mater was Texas Tech, but my first year of college was U of AZ, and that's where I'm currently getting my Master's from.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    I've hit a huge wall at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Chapter 7. Gone up against the boss 5 times now, and just can't seem to beat him. The thought of going out and grinding additional levels (or playing that awful "Tiger! Tiger!" to level up Poppi) doesn't excite me much, so I think I'm gonna take a break for a bit.

EDIT: Ended up doing a couple hours grinding and got past it. While I love these characters, the whole story progression in this game is rather silly.

- Witness the true Ultimate power!
    - Just kidding, this is the Ultimate Power
    - Kidding again, this one is the true, actual ultimate power
    - Did I say that last one was the ultimate? My bad...allow me to show you my true form
    - Oh geez, I totally forgot about this ultimate power that I had hidden in my back pocket. Well, here goes!
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I decided to install World In Conflict Complete on uPlay instead of getting shot in the face repeatedly.
  • Andrew Mallon
    Andrew Mallon
    GT Member edited January 29
    Gratch wrote: »
    Isgrimnur wrote: »

We did far better than I expected. Not crazy about putting the ball in our freshman’s hands at the end of the game, but I was impressed with Utah’s grit to fight back. Arizona just has too damn much talent...and big guys who suddenly decide to hit threes. :)

That was a fun game! Loudest I've heard McKale this season, especially when they were chanting "Refs you suck!" From my (obviously biased) perspective, it did seem like Utah did get the benefit of the doubt on a few calls. The Utes definitely were the better team in the second half though.

And I'm as mystified as you are at Ristic's sudden ability to hit 3s. I think he had only took 5 attempts from behind the line all season.

Did play through a few battles in Mario + Rabbids this afternoon. I really like that game. :)
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Monster Hunter World, pretty much.
  • YellowKing
    YellowKing
    GT Member
    I was cracked out on Monster Hunter World as well. I really took a chance on that one having never played any previous entries, but happy that it all clicked.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Tesla vs Lovecraft! :love:

Yep, I played more TvL. I'm about halfway through the second "plane", but kind of running into a difficulty spike and I'm not sure how to get around that.

So in order to change the mood I fired up Yorkshire Gubbins for a bit, and that's a fun old school adventure game with British humor (and accents like Wallace and Gromit, for those unfamiliar).