Weekend PLaylist - 1/19 Edition

JoshDevlin
JoshDevlin
Hey everyone!

I didn't see a post, so I figured I'd get out ahead of it and start one. I finally got my Batman: The Enemy Within season pass, so I'm going to play episodes 2 & 3 before 4 drops on January 23rd. I also might jump into some Fortnite or PubG with my friends Sunday. We'll see. What are you playing this weekend?

Comments

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    This was last weekend's post:
    coopasonic wrote: »
    PUBG of course.

I have kind of gone cold on Valkyria Chronicles. The second pass though NieR: Automata isn't grabbing me either.

On a whim I downloaded Riders of Icarus last night (it was mentioned offhandedly by a twitch streamer) and I might play some more of that. It is a free to play MMO with lots of mounts and pets and combat on flying mounts. My 11yo is interested and I foolishly told him it was free. We tried WoW last year but I got tired of paying for it and we've stopped playing Fortnite and Portal Knights so he wants something to play with dad.

I'd like to play more Breath of the Wild, but my kids are already fighting over the switch to play it so adding a third set of hands might not work out. I also have it for the Wii U but we disconnected it when we got the switch. I guess I could play on that...

So many choices... I haven't even opened Uncharted 4. I could go back to inFamous: Second Son... I've been meaning to replay The Surge on PC.

Pretty much that again for this weekend.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    So no boardgaming, then?
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited January 20
    Sorry, been too busy fuming over this whole government shutdown bullshit today to make a playlist post. Probably just more Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for me this weekend.
    coopasonic wrote: »
    On a whim I downloaded Riders of Icarus last night (it was mentioned offhandedly by a twitch streamer) and I might play some more of that. It is a free to play MMO with lots of mounts and pets and combat on flying mounts. My 11yo is interested and I foolishly told him it was free. We tried WoW last year but I got tired of paying for it and we've stopped playing Fortnite and Portal Knights so he wants something to play with dad.

I played Riders of Icarus back when it was released. Was sorta fun for a while, but the big ol pay/grind wall comes really quickly. I lost interest at that point, it was less than 20 hours. Maybe it's better now.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    So no boardgaming, then?

Nope. I've been down with the flu all week, bad enough that I have hardly gamed.
    Gratch wrote: »
    I played Riders of Icarus back when it was released. Was sorta fun for a while, but the big ol pay/grind wall comes really quickly. I lost interest at that point, it was less than 20 hours. Maybe it's better now.

My son and I had fun with it for quite a bit last weekend. If I start feeling better I'm sure we'll play some more this weekend. Steam says I've put in 12 hours and that's across two characters (one solo and one paired up with my son) so I guess i have a little while to go. My son just loves the fact that he gets to ride a wolf.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Haven't really felt much like playing but if anything I'll go back to the original Evil Within after finishing up the sequel a couple of weeks ago and starting on the first one. Interesting to see how the interface and gameplay had evolved by playing them in the 'wrong' order. :)

Or may try to see if Assassin's Creed Origins can get its hooks into me.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    878: Vikings – Invasions of England
    Ponzi Scheme
    Great War at Sea: 1904-1905, The Russo-Japanese War
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    WatchDogs2
    Full Metal Furies
    AC Origins
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    Rocket League
    The Golf Club 2
    Ys: The Oath of Felghana
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Eh, it's mostly been work for me. Trying to get some stuff ready for a demo next weekend.

I did try out a few smaller games again, though. Trying to go through some of my backlog to at least see if games are worth any time.

Type: Rider was kinda neat but not for me.

Big Action Mega Fight! is a decent side scroller beat 'em up, but fairly shallow and I didn't have the patience to invest enough time to level all the way up.

The Walking Vegetables seems like a neat twin stick shooter with some unique "overworld" mechanics. But once I died I didn't have the heart to continue.

Demolition, Inc was the one that kept my interest the most, but I was just playing the demo and ran out of missions, haha. I should just buy it, but adding another game to my collection seems ludicrous with so many others still to play.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Mostly just XC2 for me this weekend. I did grab Battle Chef Brigade on Switch, but won't get into it much until tomorrow's long flight.