Nantucket - A Seafaring Strategy Game

jztemple2
jztemple2
So as expected I picked this game up when it was released via Steam, as I have a couple of dollars from selling PUBG crap B)

I've got in only 78 minutes so far, but initial impressions are very good. I've almost starved the crew to death, got killed by pirates (and loaded a save ;) ), lost a crewman to a whale, found a missing mystery ship and visit Honolulu.

It has an excellent tutorial and lots of tooltips. I do have a couple of items I'm not sure about, but if I don't figure them out I'll post to the forum as the developer has been answering question already.

There is some nice period background music and when you sail there is usually a cool sea shanty triggered. Graphics are excellent, very polished and professional. So far no bugs, not even a typo.

And for those who might want to bone up on their whaling lore, I found a website that provides an annotated version of Moby Dick.

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    jztemple2 wrote: »
    I've got in only 78 minutes so far, but initial impressions are very good. I've almost starved the crew to death, got killed by pirates (and loaded a save ;) ), lost a crewman to a whale, found a missing mystery ship and visit Honolulu.[/url].

That sounds like a preeeeeetty productive 78 minutes! :lol:
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    This has been on my Steam wishlist for a few weeks now. I'm still interested in it, and reviews have been favorable. As weird as it seems, I'm finding the idea of killing whales to be small problem for me, especially after seeing them during a trip to Alaska. Now humans, mutants, space aliens, lions, tigers- no problem. I just don't know about whales, and especially dolphins.

Crazy. But the game does look interesting, and I like the art design. And it's not like I'm about to go whaling in real life.
  • jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    I've put in fourteen hours on the game and I'm pretty much burned out on it. It suffers (or rather I suffer) from the same problem in these less complex, non-AAA titles that after playing for several hours I find myself doing the same actions on the same places in the game over and over. Now some folks are fine with that, but I've got a low threshold of boredom. So I probably won't be putting in any more hours. But I got it at 10% off, plus a couple of bucks in the Steam wallet, plus I sold off all the trading cards, so I figure I got my money's worth.