New wireless PS4 controller....I wants it!!

farley2k
farley2k
Introducing the Onyx wireless controller from Hori, available for PS4 next week
I love the setup of my wired Hori FPS Plus
and I would love it to be wireless so I am in!

*Still doesn't show up on Amazon.

27852608179_fc26e4ef0d_b.jpg

Comments

• pr0ner
    pr0ner
    GT Member
    While the XBox thumbstick style is appreciated, the curvature of the triggers and the O button look weird to me.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Definitely looks like something I would want to try!
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Ditto. Were I to have a PS4, this would suit me better. I think the top curved shoulder buttons may work more naturally, as you're not "wrapping" your fingers around but able to simply tap them with the first joint (more easily).

When you get one, let us know :)
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I ordered it from Amazon UK despite them saying it wouldn't ship to the US.

And

The controller arrived yesterday!

I have only used it for 20 minutes or so but so far I am happy. It feels to me like a solid "B". It is not as good as the Xbox One controller, or the Switch Pro controller but it is better than the Hori Wired PS4 controller.

It is about as big as the Dual Shock, but it feels slipperier. I am actually thinking of putting some kind of gripping tape (like you put on a tennis racquet) on it.

It seems to play great in Batman: Arkham Asylum. I don't have a shooter to test out under situations where precision is needed but I didn't run into any problems in B:AA

All in all I am pleased with the purchase. I have no idea why Hori isn't bringing this to the US but I am happy the Amazon UK folks let it ship over to me.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    **Another update

After using this controller to play Uncharted, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Persona 5 over the weekend...I have to move this down to a "c" During combat heavy scenarios it will sometimes give the wrong press. The best example is that when hitting triangle to dodge in B:AA it would often open the map which is hitting the touch pad. So somehow it was sending that signal at odd times.

It did similar stuff in Uncharted - where what I hit for a button is not what happens. Drake kept opening his journal. That is another touch pad thing so it seems like that is what it thinks is being hit.

So overall if you can live with the default controller or the HorI wired controller you are better off. :( Oh well it was fun to get a package from England!
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Aww dang. Nothing worse than an unreliable controller. :dissapointed:
  • pr0ner
    pr0ner
    GT Member
    Wow. That's some bad programming.
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    Never ..... EVER ...... buy an after market controller if it is wireless. They all suck.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Probably sound advice. On the other hand I have been using it almost all the time because I still find it more comfortable.

The issues seems to be when you are hitting many buttons quickly - like Batman:AA. For most of my gaming it is fine - like Persona 5.

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    7 New Controllers For PS4 And PS4 Pro - Nacon Revolution 2 and more!