Time to get a new year of gaming underway. I didn't finish much in 2017
, but there were some unexpected gems in there. Looking forward to seeing what's on the horizon for 2018!
FINISHED IN 2018
- What Remains of Edith Finch (PC) - Jan 1 - A
. A fantastic, creative, and emotionally moving game. An prime example of what excellent storytellers can do in this medium. 2 hours
- Lineage 2 Revolution (iPad) - Jan 18 - A
. Max leveled my toon and finished the main story quest. After an initial bad first impression, I got completely hooked. Perfect for casual (sometimes afk) play. 60+ hours, so far.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (iPad)
- World of Warcraft (PC)
Played and Quit/Gave up on
- Everybody's Golf - Still play a round on occasion, but have mostly stopped the single player campaign.
- Witcher 3 (PS4) - I may get back into this...really need to see the expansions one of these days.
- Civ VI (iPad and PC) - Love the early game, but don't really like the grind of the end-game. Have yet to actually finish a game, even though I've started probably 20 or so.
- Monster Hunter World (PS4) - I finally understand why the series is so popular. That said, I got bored and/or frustrated with it after around 30 hours. The more complex it got, the less interest I had.
- Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch) - I'm apparently the only person in the world for whom this game isn't the greatest thing ever. Tried it twice, gotten bored around 10 hours in both times.
- Silence (PC) - Looked great, but the story was so boring and non-sensical that I couldn't be bothered to even make it through the short 5 hours.