Weekend playlist - 12/15 edition

Gratch
Gratch
In addition to hopefully starting my Christmas shopping, I got into the technical beta of Tera on PS4. This is one that I've been itching to go back to for a while, but I've waited since I wanted to try it on PS4 instead of PC. Neverwinter made that transition remarkably well, and I'm hoping Tera will as well.
Will get my first look at that tonight.

Probably spend more time with World of Final Fantasy as well, along with my daily Lineage 2 Revolution tasks.

You?

Comments

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I will be playing more Xenoblade Chronicles 2. (with a FAQ open on my pad next to me so I don't have to wander around for hours because the map sucks.)
  • Mr. Feral
    Mr. Feral
    GT Editor
    farley2k wrote: »
    I will be playing more Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

How is that so far? I've been jonesing for more Jrpgs and that if surrounded by hype.

For me, this will be a snowy weekend and I feel a fever might keep me down. I'll get to The Last Jedi nonetheless. Otherwise it will be Mario + Rabbids and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Separately, a medeival historian is starting a Bloodborne style d&d game, and we are just about to dive into it.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I am starting my (counts in head) 17 day weekend this evening. I will likely be playing a lot of PUBG, probably finishing Prey and then looking for stuff in the Winter sale.
  • katamaris4ever
    katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    Well, I finally got to buying Furi from the PSN Holiday sale, so guess who's checking it out? Other than that, I might purchase Ultimate Chicken Horse due to its party game premise and it looks pretty neat.
  • Mr. Feral
    Mr. Feral
    GT Editor
    I might purchase Ultimate Chicken Horse due to its party game premise and it looks pretty neat.
    That game, provided you have three or four players, is the consummate shiznit. The combination of platforming and competitive creativity makes for a wonderful time.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Mr. Feral wrote: »
    How is that so far? I've been jonesing for more Jrpgs and that if surrounded by hype.

It is quite enjoyable for the most part. The graphics are very good, combat it fun (but really makes little sense at this point) and the story is interesting. There are a few annoyances like the Japanese fan service of scantily dressed women, and the map/quest tracking is truly horrid but I keep wanting to play it so it does have some hooks in me.

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited December 2017
    Wow. I'll be very, very kind and say that the PS4 version of Tera has a looooooong way to go before it's ready for anyone to even look at.

This technical beta is an utter disaster. It looks awful, the framerate is constantly randomly dropping to a slide show, the camera randomly floats all over the place when you're standing still (usually defaulting to directly under your character), the attack and skill commands only occasionally work, etc., etc. It's just a flat-out mess.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    Wow. I'll be very, very kind and say that the PS4 version of Tera has a looooooong way to go before it's ready for anyone to even look at.

This technical beta is an utter disaster. It looks awful, the framerate is constantly randomly dropping to a slide show, the camera randomly floats all over the place when you're standing still (usually defaulting to directly under your character), the attack and skill commands only occasionally work, etc., etc. It's just a flat-out mess.

Yikes. Hopefully they have a beta feedback forum where you can let them know?
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Been sort of a disappointing gaming weekend.

- Tera beta on PS4 was an utter disaster. Seriously...so, so bad. Tried jumping back in on PC, and it was slow and choppy as well. Wonder if they've got server issues or something. Either way...meh.
    - Spent nearly an hour working through a World of Final Fantasy area. Just as I was about to get to the boss...crash back to desktop, all my progress gone. That's generally a deal-breaker for me unless I really love the game, and I've been lukewarm on WoFF to begin with.
    - I tried the latest Styx game (PS4), but it didn't do much for me. Seems to suffer from the main problem the first game had, which was very inconsistent stealth. One moment the guard right next to me can't see me, the next moment I'm spotted by a guard 100 yards away even though I appear to be fully hidden. It's hugely frustrating.
    - Played another hour or so of Grim Dawn. I think I just need a break from the hack-n-slash genre in general. Mostly just came away bored.
    - Grabbed Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack on Steam, but can't get it to load. Crashes every time I try to change it from the default low resolution.

I ended up jumping back into KOTOR 2, as I'm in a bit of a Star Wars mood right now. I played it on XBox way back in the day (and was frustrated by the rushed ending) but never got through it with the "Restored Content" mod. Figured I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Even though I never played the first one and I'm not that big of a fan of "horror" games, I picked up a copy of The Evil Within 2 when it was 50% off after playing around with the trial and have just started playing it for reals. Starting off on easy or whatever the casual mode is called and we'll see how it goes.
  • shon
    shon
    GT Member
    Tried picking RE Revelations back up and got stuck with no ammo in a boss fight so probably stopping that play through. Feels very clunky with a controller.