Weekend Playlist - 12/8 edition

Gratch
Gratch
edited December 2017 in Video Games
I actually have nothing I'm playing right now...which is never a good thing for my wallet. I end up buying all sorts of random stuff I'm only slightly interested in, in the hopes that something clicks.

I'd really love a new MMO, but there isn't a good one out there that I haven't already put 100+ hours into. I'm slightly intrigued by the the Sword Art Online series, but the reviews all say that most of the enjoyment only comes if you already know the characters and story from the anime.

Maybe I'll give one of the far-too-many 4X games I have sitting in my library a shot. Civ V, Age of Wonders 3, Warlock 2, Endless Legend, Fallen Enchantress...I've only taken a cursory look at all of them. Put the most time into Civ V, but don't think I've ever actually finished a game.

I'm sure I'll spend some time putzing around in Lineage 2 Revolution, but that's casual gaming at it's finest (I can literally start it and walk away for 5 minutes while it does it's thing).

If anyone has recommendations, I'm all ears.

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I've got table creation scripts to finish and a couple homework questions to finish. If I'm lucky, I can take Sunday to relax before spending next week working on the final. 10 more days and I'm done with this class.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator edited December 2017
    Xenoblade%20Chronicles%202%20Battle.jpg

and

Nioh-Keyart.jpg

• rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Gratch you know you wanna play Xenoblade lol! Or are you waiting for a Switch for Christmas?

As for me, aside from Xeno, I'm apparently in an olde time loop ARPG binge. Restarted TQ, still playing GW2 regularly, and tonight I'll start up PoE again.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    rittchard wrote: »
    Gratch you know you wanna play Xenoblade lol! Or are you waiting for a Switch for Christmas?

Can't justify buying a Switch for one game which, from the reviews, looks like I probably won't like very much.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    No idea.

I need to push myself back into The Last of Us. I should pick back up on Divinity Original Sin 2. I could start the first Batman Telltale game. I swear there was something else I had installed that I needed to get back into... maybe PUBG!

Stupid gaming funk.
  • JoshDevlin
    JoshDevlin
    GT Editor
    Just beat AC:O. Fun, but holy crap is that game long and repetitive. Anyways, on to Horizon: Zero Dawn.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member edited December 2017
    Gratch wrote: »
    I actually have nothing I'm playing right now...which is never a good thing for my wallet. I end up buying all sorts of random stuff I'm only slightly interested in, in the hopes that something clicks.

I'd really love a new MMO, but there isn't a good one out there that I haven't already put 100+ hours into. I'm slightly intrigued by the the Sword Art Online series, but the reviews all say that most of the enjoyment only comes if you already know the characters and story from the anime.

Maybe I'll give one of the far-too-many 4X games I have sitting in my library a shot. Civ V, Age of Wonders 3, Warlock 2, Endless Legend, Fallen Enchantress...I've only taken a cursory look at all of them. Put the most time into Civ V, but don't think I've ever actually finished a game.

I'm sure I'll spend some time putzing around in Lineage 2 Revolution, but that's casual gaming at it's finest (I can literally start it and walk away for 5 minutes while it does it's thing).

If anyone has recommendations, I'm all ears.

Or...none of the above. :) Well, not entirely true, I suppose, as I did get quite a bit of time with Lineage 2 Revolution. Just hit level 68 and got my first piece of SR (highest tier) gear. It SO helps to be in a really active guild...the benefits are huge.

I rolled a new toon in Grim Dawn and played through the first 3'ish hours, but it wasn't grabbing me much. Maybe I need to try a different class.

I've always felt like I left World of Final Fantasy too early, so I went back and gave it a shot on PC. While it's a lazy port, it did add a few "cheats" like infinite gil or potions that got rid of some of my gripes about the game (i.e. having to grind for gil to get potions in the early game). Now that I'm solely focused on it, I'm having a surprisingly good time. The story is lame, but the combat is fun and there are some genuinely very funny dialog moments as well. So far, so good.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    No idea.

I need to push myself back into The Last of Us. I should pick back up on Divinity Original Sin 2. I could start the first Batman Telltale game. I swear there was something else I had installed that I needed to get back into... maybe PUBG!

Stupid gaming funk.

I played a little PUBG. That game I couldn't remember was Prey. I played some of that too. I spent a good bit of time playing Portal Knights with my 11 year old to help him beat a boss and upgrade the crafting stations to the highest tier in my home world.