Weekend playlist - 11/17 edition

Gratch
Gratch
I restarted Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice last night. It didn't do much for me the first time I tried it, mainly because I didn't have headphones. Finally figured out how to get them working via the controller port, and wow, what a difference. The sound in this game (mainly the voices) are absolutely incredible and add a whole 'nother layer to the experience. Problem is, I can't play it for more than about an hour at a time because it's too damn creepy.

Will probably jump back into Everbody's Golf and maybe try the new Styx game as well. Might even try to finish up the main story campaign in Destiny 2, if I'm feeling really motivated.

Plus I've got the Arch Enemy concert tomorrow and family party on Sunday. Will be a busy few days.

What's on your plate?

Comments

• shon
    shon
    GT Member
    Just finished Wolfenstein 2 last night. Enjoyable but I thought the game play of the first one was better. the stuff that happens in the story though is crazy.

AC: Origins - I was really disappointed with no HDR for the PC version and I don't think it's coming so I'll get back to that.

Nioh - I played the PS4 version quite a bit but never bought the DLC and so I picked it up for the PC and it's still a great game and runs decently for me.

Observer - Crazy but interesting game. I've liked Rutger Hauer since the movie The Hitcher and his vocal performance in this game is is.... Well not really easy to describe, I did have to turn on the subtitles to make out most of the dialog.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Wolfenstein II- LOVING this game so far
    Battlefront II- Enjoying single player. Got in a little time with Arcade mode last night as well. The hero characters are just fun as hell to play.

I also need to get back to Arkitika.1

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• damphyr
    damphyr
    GT Editor
    Just finished up my dig into Visual Novel Maker, and am going to fall into a Pokemon hole and not get up for a few weeks.

Though rumors are saying that Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp could be hitting phones next week, so that's likely to eat my brain, too...
  • Soulchilde
    Soulchilde
    GT Member
    Warframe and I might pop in on Destiny 2 to complete my miestones
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Hmm, I guess time will tell. Maybe digging into Nioh to get past that initial frustration.

And probably more of The Crew to unlock more cars for the sequel. It makes for a nice "mindless" game to play while watching videos and such.

I also have Tower 57 to dig into some time.
  • Mr. Feral
    Mr. Feral
    GT Editor
    I'll be playing everything and talking to everyone here at PAX Unplugged. If you are here and want to talk to me I'll be confused that people out there know who I am. Tomorrow I'll definitely be hitting the Vampire the Masquerade play test, so expect some info on that!
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Spent the last three days at BGGCon. Today will be school work and Turkey Day prep
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gratch wrote: »
    I restarted Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice last night. It didn't do much for me the first time I tried it, mainly because I didn't have headphones. Finally figured out how to get them working via the controller port, and wow, what a difference. The sound in this game (mainly the voices) are absolutely incredible and add a whole 'nother layer to the experience. Problem is, I can't play it for more than about an hour at a time because it's too damn creepy.

Will probably jump back into Everbody's Golf and maybe try the new Styx game as well. Might even try to finish up the main story campaign in Destiny 2, if I'm feeling really motivated.

Plus I've got the Arch Enemy concert tomorrow and family party on Sunday. Will be a busy few days.

What's on your plate?

Made some decent progress in Hellblade, getting to the Hel bridge. I find that I can't play it for very long because a) it's really fucking intense, and b) I'm absolute shite at the stupid puzzles. Finding outlines of runes in the environment is a skill entirely lost on me. Still, the visuals and audio are absolutely incredible, the sound especially. It's like nothing I've ever heard.

Beat a couple more versus characters on Everbody's Golf, and am making some good progress there. I grabbed Children of Zodiarcs, a turn-based/card-based/dice-based JRPG...thing. Seems pretty neat, although I've only played the first few levels.

Last but certainly not least, I picked up Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms, a "clicker" game with a D&D license. It has absolutely no business being as engaging as it is, but I had it running either in the background or actively playing nearly all weekend. It's remarkably mindless fun

Oh, and the Arch Enemy show got cancelled an hour before the doors were supposed to open because they apparently got stuck in a snowstorm in Colorado. So...that sucked.

• MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    The Frozen Wilds still has my attention. Will get back to Hellblade and Uncharted once I'm done.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    Spent the last three days at BGGCon. Today will be school work and Turkey Day prep

Like Isg I was playing board games most of the weekend. Yesterday I spent a little time with Diablo 3 and NFS: Payback. I'm still not happy with Payback, but the funny thing is the thing I hate about it the most is the one thing Ron liked in his review.

http://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/rad-racing-derivative-dialogue-need-for-speed-payback-review/
    It sounds like I’m being fairly rough on Need for Speed, and in some areas, I probably am. That said, it does deliver on what had to be one of the singular pillars for the game — excellent racing. The controls that were loose in 2015 are now tight and responsive. Cars that felt floaty before now hug the ground, gliding only when you break the tires loose to drift. Offroad racing, something new Ghost has brought to the table, feels fantastic and fresh, but Drag racing was a real surprise.

Maybe it is because I am more accustomed to racing games with an XBox controller or that it is just doing things too different from Forza Horizon, but I just can't get comfortable with the racing controls. I ended up dropping it to Easy, which is not my normal in racing games. If I start to get the feel for it I will bump it back up, but right now it just isn't working for me.