What are you buying this week? (November 12, 2017)

EngineNo9
Lots of re-releases and ports to new platforms this week again.

We revisit the Battlefront of Star Wars, this time with a single player story. Other than that you can play more Marvel LEGO, which is hopefully a nice return to peak TT Games. And we also see the final two 3DS Pokemon games releasing.

Big Names
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
Star Wars Battlefront II

Selected Picks
BHB: BioHazard Bot
Blazing Beaks
Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon DLC
Expansion - Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization DLC
Far from Noise
Harvest Moon: Light of Hope
Injustice 2 (PC)
Jump Gunners
Megaton Rainfall (PC)
Oure (PC)
Outcast - Second Contact
Skein
Tower 57
Trove: Adventures
Uurnog Uurnlimited

And the whole list by platform:

PC
ATV Drift & Tricks
Ben 10
Blazing Beaks
Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898
Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon DLC
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2017
Duel Jousting
Duelyst: Immortal Vanguard DLC
Expansion - Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization DLC
Far from Noise
Farming Simulator 17 - Platinum Expansion DLC
Harvest Moon: Light of Hope
Hollow
Injustice 2
John, The Zombie
Jump Gunners
L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
Life is Feudal: MMO
Megaton Rainfall
The Mimic
Oure
Outcast - Second Contact
ShineG In The SeaFight
Skein
Sleeping Dawn
Thy Sword
Tokyo Tattoo Girls
Tower 57
Uurnog Uurnlimited

Xbox One
Akuatica: Turtle Racing
Ashes Cricket
Ben 10
BioShock: The Collection
Cities: Skylines – Snowfall DLC
De Blob
L.A. Noire
Outcast: Second Contact
Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition
Professional Farmer 2017: Gold Edition
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
Road Rage
The Sims 4 (and expansions)
Warframe: Plains of Eidolon
Your Toy

PS4
Ashes Cricket
ATV Drift & Tricks
Ben 10
BioShock: The Collection
Cat Quest
Cities: Skylines – Snowfall DLC
Crawl
Demon Gaze II
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Far From Noise
Knights of Valour
L.A. Noire
Outcast: Second Contact
Professional Farmer 2017: Gold Edition
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
Road Rage
SG/ZH: School Girl Zombie Hunter
The Sims 4 (and expansions)
Transport Giant
Tricky Towers
Warframe: Plains of Eidolon

Switch
Antiquia Lost
Batman: The Telltale Series
Ben 10
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Ginger: Beyond the Crystal
Ittle Dew 2+
L.A. Noire
Lumo
MXGP3
Pinball FX3 (and a bunch of tables)
RiME
RIVE: Ultimate Edition
Rocket League
VVVVVV
Xenoraid

3DS
Pokemon Ultra Moon
Pokemon Ultra Sun

Vita
Demon Gaze II
Tokyo Tattoo Girls
VA-11 Hall-A

Comments

• 22 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • coopasonic
    GT Member
    Nothing really calling my name this week. My gaming plate is pretty full as it is and I will spending this the back half of this week at BGG.CON (Board Game Geek gaming convention in Dallas).
  • Gratch
    GT Member
    Really interested in SW Battlefront II's single player campaign, but given it's short length (and the face I have zero interest in MP), I'll probably wait for a price drop or two.

Demon Gaze II looks kinda interesting, but certainly isn't a day one buy.
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Trying to clear my deck as much as possible for Battlefront II. Really excited about this one.

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Pre-ordered both LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 and Star Wars Battlefront II.

I could be tempted by LA Noire someday, but I don't need to double dip that just yet.
  • pr0ner
    GT Member
    Was considering Battlefront 2, but with all the horrible stories coming out about it being truly pay to win, I think I'll play the SP during my EA Access trial and that's about it. No sale.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Yeah, I was all set to get Battlefront II but the stuff I am seeing about the monetization of the iconic characters is disgusting. If I ever get it, it won't be until the game is heavily discounted.

EA really is doing their share to ruin the gaming industry.
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• farley2k
    GT Moderator
    That is kind of sad. I was hoping it would be a solid port at least.
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    farley2k wrote: »
    That is kind of sad. I was hoping it would be a solid port at least.

It seemed like it should have been, right?

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Aaaaand let the backtracking begin! EA is reducing the credit values of the hero characters by a whopping 75 percent and hosting a reddit AMA this week for some damage control.

I guess I can pick up the game if they are going to do that.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member edited November 14
    Okay, I find this really strange. Two multi-platform games, Road Rage and Outcast Second Contact came out today. Road Rage looks like a spiritual successor to the old Genesis/SNES classic Road Rash, and Outcast is a remake of an old quirky classic PC game. I loved Road Rash back in the day and Outcast was something I spent a fair amount of time playing, although it didn't really grab me a whole lot back in the day. So, I've been at least mildly curious about the two new games this week. The strange thing is that there is literally no discussion at all that I can find on these games. A Google search turns up some quick previews from months ago, but no one is talking about these games and there are no reviews whatsoever. I find it incredible there is nothing about these game, which doesn't bode well because if there is no release hype then really how good are these games?

Oh GT overloads, are there any plans to review either game?

UPDATE: Hmm okay so there are reviews of both on Steam. Road Rage appears to be junk. Outcast seems to literally be the old game with better graphics, and that's it. Sounds disappointing. I guess I'll pass on both.
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Damn. We just got an email about Road Rage and I've had my eye on it for a while. I was hesitant to request a review copy for fear it didn't live up to its promise and it looks like that fear was well founded...

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• EngineNo9
    GT Member
    uxFOOL wrote: »
    Damn. We just got an email about Road Rage and I've had my eye on it for a while. I was hesitant to request a review copy for fear it didn't live up to its promise and it looks like that fear was well founded...

Well, if you were looking forward to Road Rage and disappointed it looks like poop, maybe try out Road Redemption that just came out from an indie team a few weeks ago to positive reviews?
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    EngineNo9 wrote: »

Well, if you were looking forward to Road Rage and disappointed it looks like poop, maybe try out Road Redemption that just came out from an indie team a few weeks ago to positive reviews?

Wait. There's multiple Road Rash successor games? Maybe that's the one I was watching, actually...

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    BTW, my Doom for Switch review: http://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/hell-in-a-handbasket-doom-review/

I am very pleased with myself for quoting a Butthole Surfers song.

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• EngineNo9
    GT Member

Wait. There's multiple Road Rash successor games? Maybe that's the one I was watching, actually...

Possibly. Road Redemption was Kickstarted a couple years ago and has been in Early Access for quite a while. It's only on PC at the moment, but is coming to XB1 and PS4 next year with Switch a possibility but not committed to.
  • Gratch
    GT Member edited November 15

Possibly. Road Redemption was Kickstarted a couple years ago and has been in Early Access for quite a while. It's only on PC at the moment, but is coming to XB1 and PS4 next year with Switch a possibility but not committed to.

Because of my nostalgia for Road Rash, i broke my rule about not buying early access games and picked up Road Redemption. As of this summer...it was absolutely terrible. Everything about it sucked. Bugs, poor animation, crappy graphics, upgrade systems that didn’t make sense, boring tracks, poor hit detection, wonky physics, on and on and on.

It may have improved (i hope so, for its sake), but I would recommend staying clear of it.

• jztemple2
    GT Member
    Just found out that The Operational Art of War IV from Matrix Games will be released for PC on Thursday, November 16th, oddly enough my 38th wedding anniversary. I guess I can wait till after our fancy dinner out to download and play it ;)
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager

PHEW. Road Redemption is indeed the one I've been keeping my eye on, not Road Rage (which doesn't even remotely look as good).

I'll hold out for the PS4 version, I think. Hoping it retains 4 player splitscreen!

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    Of these games? Most likely Rocket League on Switch. Haven't played it at all, and I'd like a couch multiplayer game to play on the weekend, so I might pick that one up. As much as everyone's picking up Pokemon this week (or a lot of my 3DS friends are), I'll have to skip it since I didn't buy Sun/Moon and I wasn't too excited for the Ultra releases.
  • Purge
    GT Member
    As much as I want to fight it, I'll eventually have Marvel Lego Superheroes 2.

Since it doesn't sport Fantastic 4 or Mutants, I'm strangely drawn to it. ;)
  • EddieA
    GT Member
    Out of nowhere, a new expansion has been released for Titan Quest - Ragnarok, including a new act, new mastery, and more.