What are you buying this week? (November 5, 2017)

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
edited November 2017 in Video Games
This week sees the launch of another upgraded console with the Xbox One X. Are you picking one up?

If so, what are you playing on it? If not, what else are you picking up?

Big Names
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 5
Minecraft Story Mode: Season Two – Episode 4
Need for Speed Payback
Nioh: Compete Edition
Sonic Forces
Super Lucky’s Tale

Nifty Picks
Football Manager 2018
God of Light: Remastered
Hand of Fate 2
Red Comrades 3: Return of Alaska. Reloaded

And the whole list:

PC
American Truck Simulator - New Mexico DLC
Ben 10
Boot Hill Blaster
Chaos Souls
Dreamstones
FallenCore
Football Manager 2018
Football Manager Touch 2018
God of Light: Remastered
Hand of Fate 2
Harvest Life
Need for Speed Payback
Onimod Land
Perspectrip
Rage Quest
Red Comrades 3: Return of Alaska. Reloaded
Schatte ~The Witch and the Fake Shadow~
Slimebrawl
Sonic Forces
Starblast
Superflight
Super Lucky’s Tale
TRANSROAD: USA
Valknut
Way of Redemption
Wolfenstein II: The Freedom Chronicles - Season Pass DLC
Wormix
Zomborg
Zorbit's Orbits

Xbox One
Need for Speed Payback
Super Lucky’s Tale

PS4
Ace of Seafood
ATV Drift & Tricks
Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX)
Discovery
Ghosts in the Toybox: Chapter 1 (PS VR )
Hand of Fate 2
Jeopardy!
League of War: VR Arena (PSVR)
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Need for Speed Payback
Professional Construction – The Simulation
Sonic Forces
Way of Redemption
Wheel of Fortune
Wuppo

Switch
Cat Quest
DOOM
Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern
Koi DX
Maria The Witch
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Snipperclips Plus - Cut it out, together!
Spellspire
Super Putty Squad
Tallowmere

3DS
Mario Party: The Top 100

Vita

Comments

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I'm curious to see if NFS brings anything worthwhile to the table. I actually like the idea of a story in racing games, but they rarely seem to work.
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    Every Telltale game is on my list and purchased, but I don't play until the season ends. I know I will purchase Hand of Fate 2. I heartily recommend Nioh to ny Dark Souls fans out there looking for a quicker combat system. I loved it on the PS4 Pro.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    PSN had the new Styx game for $20 yesterday, so I grabbed that.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Wait, Hand of Fate 2? And there's a PC version of Flash Point? I'll probably grab both.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Oh, for those considering picking up Nioh: Complete Edition on PC, I guess be aware that they apparently didn't put in any mouse support. It's either gamepad or keyboard. :confused:
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Flash Point: Fire Rescue will go on the wishlist.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I missed that Flashpoint was finally coming out. I'll get that at some point.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    NFS: Payback Deluxe Edition was ordered through amazon, but it is still showing no delivery date. I ordered the Deluxe because they didn't even offer the basic version and with the 20% discount it cost almost the same as the basic. I watched somebody play through the Origin Access head start content and it looks good to me. Cheesy story, cheesy action, arcade driving. The only thing I don't really like the looks of is the random loot-boxy upgrades.

Flash Point: Fire Rescue will go the list waiting for a sale. I love the board game.
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Oh, for those considering picking up Nioh: Complete Edition on PC, I guess be aware that they apparently didn't put in any mouse support. It's either gamepad or keyboard. :confused:

You don't play a Souls-like with mouse and keyboard. It's just not done! I just started playing Nioh this weekend on PS4Pro and it's very reminiscent of Bloodborne in the combat.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    I found NFS to be cringe-worthy in dialog.

I'm about to play a f***load of games I already own on my XB1X.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Wait, Hand of Fate 2?

The first one was a game I so wanted to like, but everything about it fell flat with me. Will keep my eye on reviews for the sequel.
  • Suitably Ironic Moniker
    Suitably Ironic Moniker
    GT Member
    Steam is showing Flash Point as a 2018 game.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Steam is showing Flash Point as a 2018 game.

Oops, removed. They must have updated it since I made the list. It had a release date of this week when I scoured the Upcoming list.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    I guess Need for Speed is a pass for me. The reviews are pretty mediocre. Another franchise run into the ground by EA.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    I still want to play it. Despite any reviews it still looks to be up my particular alley, but my order for the deluxe edition still doesn't have a shipping date despite releasing today. If it doesn't ship tomorrow I will cancel. I'm happy to keep playing Nioh.
    Not yet shipped
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Flash Point was listed as today as recently as yesterday.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »
    I still want to play it. Despite any reviews it still looks to be up my particular alley, but my order for the deluxe edition still doesn't have a shipping date despite releasing today. If it doesn't ship tomorrow I will cancel. I'm happy to keep playing Nioh.
    Not yet shipped
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

FWIW, sometimes with Amazon I find that I'll receive a game (with Prime release-day delivery) before they actually update their shipping info.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Yes, but generally there is a date on the order, like "Arriving Today" followed by "Not Yet Shipped."

This doesn't have any such info. In fact, looking at the product pages, it isn't even available from Amazon now.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Still nothing.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    No new but I just bought Horizon: Zero Dawn....again.

Base game currently on sale for $20 at Amazon.

I am such a sucker. looked at my Amazon seller account - I sold in back in August for $35! So I guess I made $20??? Well I originally bought it for full price....so I am pretty sure I lost money or at best broke even.

Oh well.

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member edited November 2017
    coopasonic wrote: »
    Still nothing.

Well, now I have something...

It was this:
    ORDER PLACED
    November 2, 2017

Arriving Nov 14 - Nov 15
    Preparing for Shipment

It is now this:
    Attempting to Cancel
    Your order is being prepared for shipment. We are attempting to cancel it now. We’ll e-mail you as soon as this status changes.

So it is a two day shipping item, arriving 11/14 or 11/15 (5 or 6 days from now) and you aren't sure you can cancel it...

UPDATE:
    Unable to cancel items from your order

I wait from 11/2 - 11/9 to get a delivery date for a game that released on 11/7. On 11/9 you tell me to expect delivery in 5-6 days on my two day shipment. Less than 3 hours after that notification I request cancellation and you are unable to cancel, apparently because items are being prepared for shipment.
  • coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    farley2k wrote: »
    No new but I just bought Horizon: Zero Dawn....again.

Base game currently on sale for $20 at Amazon.

I am such a sucker. looked at my Amazon seller account - I sold in back in August for $35! So I guess I made $20??? Well I originally bought it for full price....so I am pretty sure I lost money or at best broke even.

Oh well.

I am tempted to do the same thing... though I only got $20 for my copy (it was a friend and I told him he could pay me whatever he wants). I've got enough to play for now.

There is a complete edition coming next month for $50. Maybe I'll wait for that to hit $20.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    @EngineNo9 where's this weeks? :cold_sweat:
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Purge wrote: »

You're in it?

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Flash Point is in beta, but you can still preorder it for $20 .
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    uxFOOL wrote: »
    Purge wrote: »

You're in it?

I had three days off... looked at the date and since today feels like a Monday (plus I go back on call).

Looking forward to next week's list.

I'd been tempted by Super Lucky's Tale, but after watching videos of it it seems to be a Crash Bandifox. The character and the world seem somehow disconnected.Like Brute force or Blinx the Cat or even that PS4 launch title with the guy who grows with parts.

I dunno, it looks too much like other games (rather than feeling like it's own - Cuphead, Strider and Ori being excellent examples) coupled with cringe-worthy dialogue.

It's also what keeps me from feeling the need for speed.