[XB1, PS4, PC] Call of Duty : WWII

Purge
Purge
I've pre-ordered mine, even though I had decided to skip it this year.

I am weak, and the promise of playing with Mikagami, Hark and Drifter was too strong. Forum effect?

Anyways, I thought I should start a thread now so we can have the 12 people who still post msgs chime in. :P

Comments

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    My current Master's class is the most difficult one in the program, and runs through December 17th. If there's still a presence then, I might have to make it my self-Christmas present, but I'm definitely out of the loop for November.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Chiming in.

I don't know why I'm more excited about this iteration than previous ones. Maybe it's because I was sad when they drifted away from WWII to begin with. I enjoyed the modern stuff and even the future stuff despite it drifting into ridiculousness (and the robots, ugh). But I guess the back of my mind has been waiting for this.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager edited October 2017
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    Chiming in.

I don't know why I'm more excited about this iteration than previous ones. Maybe it's because I was sad when they drifted away from WWII to begin with. I enjoyed the modern stuff and even the future stuff despite it drifting into ridiculousness (and the robots, ugh). But I guess the back of my mind has been waiting for this.

Awww, I liked N31L

ethan.jpg?fit=1200%2C677&strip=all

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Harkonis
    Harkonis
    GT Member
    Was a bit disappointed that when I sent the msg to 64 people, only PeteRock expressed interest.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I don't think I saw it until three days after you sent it.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I did like the story robot character. I forgot about him. I was just very over all of the other robots.
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    I'm in on X1X. Let's do this thing.

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
    PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

• Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    =)
  • pr0ner
    pr0ner
    GT Member

Did you guys publish your review of the game a bit early? I saw it was on the site earlier today, but now it's gone.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    pr0ner wrote: »

Did you guys publish your review of the game a bit early? I saw it was on the site earlier today, but now it's gone.

Yes. It goes up at 9 PM Pacific (not 9 AM :P)

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Well, I played the first level of the campaign. Hey, wadda ya know. Normandy. It was fun, but I suddenly remembered why people got tired of the WWII FPS genre. It didn't feel like it brought anything new. I enjoyed everything right up until the assault at the end where the numbers were overwhelming, and I couldn't tell where the bullets were coming from, but I sure as hell was getting torn to shreds. It was overwhelming in the wrong ways to me. But I got through it, and am ready to play more.

UNFORTUNATELY, that was all I got to do. Endless loops of trying to get into a game and hitting a "game not ready" error wall. Bleh.
  • drifter
    drifter
    GT Member
    Multiplayer is wonked as heck on the XBOX and are very hard to get into and stay in. I had fun playing war where you are either defending or capturing objectives in a set amount of time. The campaign is alright didn't realize you have things to look for an collect.
  • pr0ner
    pr0ner
    GT Member
    There were some...uh...colorful comments made over voice chat during some play this afternoon. Good times, good times.
  • msteelers
    msteelers
    GT Member
    After missing the last couple of versions I went and bought myself this as a birthday present. Now I just need to figure out how to get my headset working so I can chat with people.

Oh, and find time to actually play the game.
  • pr0ner
    pr0ner
    GT Member edited January 9
    You can laugh at the fact that I ran towards my own Fire Bomb run, but I did get a super kill medal out of the ordeal (and 7 kills total, so I killed someone on that team twice with the same scorestreak).

This is while playing Gridiron last night.

https://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=83981540