A little bit waterlogged - Empyre Lords of the Sea Gates review

GamingTrendNews
GamingTrendNews
edited October 2017 in Newsfeed

imageA little bit waterlogged - Empyre Lords of the Sea Gates review

The year is 1911, and just a few years prior in 1899, the oceans rose, flooding coastal cities. Cities that once housed millions became sunken wastelands, but not New York. The city that never sleeps, ever resilient, banded together and not only survived, but thrived. Forming their own governments,

Read the full story here

Comments

• COG_Johnny
    COG_Johnny
    GT Member
    Thank you Ron for taking the time to review EMPYRE.

I was a little startled by one thing you wrote: "At one point after the tutorial I found myself with a stick, a knife, and my bare fists facing a whole crew with pistols."

So, how did you end up with just that? :D
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    COG_Johnny wrote: »
    Thank you Ron for taking the time to review EMPYRE.

I was a little startled by one thing you wrote: "At one point after the tutorial I found myself with a stick, a knife, and my bare fists facing a whole crew with pistols."

So, how did you end up with just that? :D

I picked the stealth-based character who comes with a short sword or a dagger if memory serves, I had wandered off to break somebody out of jail (sorry, I've spent 40+ hours with Shadow of War, then some Assassin's Creed Origins, some racing, and other things in the mean time, so I'm fuzzy on the details) and found myself facing off against a LOT of angry guards with turrets with only a stick, knife, and my fists. I may have missed an opportunity for some upgrades, but man...that was a tough fight. I did win, but it wasn't easy.

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
    PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

• COG_Johnny
    COG_Johnny
    GT Member
    I hope you at least came out on top in the fight. :)

It's a bit weird that you didn't have a gun though. Our four starter characters are as follows:

Alva (stealth): crowbar/two shot pistol
    Lok (bodyguard): hand ax/throwing knife
    Thaddeus (soldier): Rapier/standard rifle
    Beatrice (acrobat): knife/one shot pistol

So I will look into this to make sure that something funny didn't happen to the starting setups.

Thanks!