What are you buying this week? (October 15, 2017)

EngineNo9
edited October 16 in Video Games
The long-awaited return of the South Park RPG is finally here. A JRPG hits the Nintendo platforms. An old-school PC RPG comes to the PS4. And a dark horse RPG tries to pick up the tarnished sci-fi role playing mantle on all modern platforms.

The Switch continues to get a bunch of indie game ports as it replaces the Vita as the portable porting solution.

Aaaaand, another 10 pages of stuff coming out on Steam.

Big Names
Cities: Skylines - Green Cities DLC
Elex
Fire Emblem Warriors
Gran Turismo Sport
The Jackbox Party Pack 4
Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode 2
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
WWE 2K18

Other Interesting Picks
3on3 FreeStyle
Bomber Crew
Dungeons 3
Freaky Awesome
Minit
Overgrowth
Party Hard Tycoon
Riskers
Rogue Trooper Redux
Sudden Strike 4 - Road to Dunkirk DLC
Tiny Toyfare
Warbanners

And the whole list:

PC
3on3 FreeStyle
BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers
Bio Soup
Bomber Crew
Call of War
Cities: Skylines - Green Cities DLC
Dungeons 3
Dungeons of Hell
Elex
Freaky Awesome
FoxyLand
Granado Espada For SEA
Home Run Solitaire
Immersive Poetry
In The Shadows
The Jackbox Party Pack 4
Minit
A Mortician's Tale
Overgrowth
Party Hard Tycoon
Professional Farmer: American Dream
Rex: Another Island
Real Farm
Riskers
Rogue Trooper Redux
Sky Clash: Lords of Clans 3D
Spelunker Party!
StrainZ-1: Elimination
Sudden Strike 4 - Road to Dunkirk DLC
Think of the Children
Tiny Toyfare
Urban Rivals
Walking Heavy
Warbanners
Welcome to Hanwell
WWE 2K18
Yorkshire Gubbins

Xbox One
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
Dungeons 3
Elex
The Jackbox Party Pack 4
Real Farm
Rogue Trooper Redux
TorqueL: Physics Modified Edition
WWE 2K18

PS4
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
Bokosuka Wars II
Chaos;Child
Dungeons 3
Elex
Gran Turismo Sport
Hex: Card Clash
The Jackbox Party Pack 4
Megaton Rainfall (normal and PSVR)
No Heroes Allowed! VR (PSVR)
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
Rogue Trooper Redux
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders
WWE 2K18

Switch
The Count Lucanor
Don’t Knock Twice
Elliot Quest
Fire Emblem Warriors
The Jackbox Party Pack 4
Jydge
Let's Sing 2018
NBA 2K18
Party Golf
Putty Pals
Real Farm
Rogue Trooper Redux
Spelunker Party!
Spiral Splatter
Syberia
WWE 2K18

3DS
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
Fire Emblem Warriors

Vita
Chaos;Child
Spiral Splatter
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Gratch
    GT Member
    I've spent way too much the last few weeks, so nothing for me.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I'm super curious to see how Elex turns out. I really enjoyed The Technomancer despite it's flaws, and this seems like it could be another diamond in the rough.
  • jztemple2
    GT Member
    I have Cities: Skylines, so I guess I'll have to put Cities: Skylines - Green Cities DLC on the wishlist, but since I just got Field of Glory II and I've just pre-ordered on AC: Origins for next week, it will be nada for me this week.
  • Bullwinkle
    GT Member edited October 16
    The Jackbox Party Pack 4 My family has a lot of fun with these games (though I still don't understand why they won't create a wrapper so you can drop in and out of any of them).

I'll be watching the South Park reviews getting South Park, for sure, and I'd be willing to see what Rogue Trooper Redux has to offer if the reviews are good, but I'm not counting on that.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    I pre-ordered:
    GT Sport
    South Park
    Etrian Odyssey V

I am waiting to see the reviews on:
    Fire Emblem Warriors- Fire Emblem characters good. Set in a Warriors game format bad. Seriously, the Warriors games all play the same.
    Rogue Trooper Redux- I know it's a remake of an old game that I know nothing about but it look intriguing.
    Realms of Arkania- Holy shit, it's a remake of the old PC game. Looks great but strangely there is almost no info on it, so I am skeptical.

Does anyone have Cities: Skylines on PS4 and can comment on how it plays? I am curious as to how it controls since it really is more of a PC mouse kind of game.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member edited October 16
    I pre-ordered:
    Realms of Arkania- Holy shit, it's a remake of the old PC game. Looks great but strangely there is almost no info on it, so I am skeptical.

This RoA: Blade of Destiny came out on Steam quite some time ago. I think most complaints about it were from people expecting a brand new game and not a remaster, so fans of the old one should be happy I'd think:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/237550/Realms_of_Arkania_Blade_of_Destiny/

They had a much more recent one called Realms of Arcania: Star Trail that apparently came out back in August and has good reviews:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/288860/Realms_of_Arkania_Star_Trail/

• Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    I am fine with a remake as opposed to a new game. The original PC game was great but had a really high difficulty level. I'll probably take a chance and get it this week on PS4.
  • Hedon
    GT Member
    I picked up GT Sport yesterday. So I started that and I am also playing Cuphead on my Xbox. Keeping busy right now.
    XBL: xHedon, PSN: Kvally
  • EddieA
    GT Member
    I wasn't planning on buying anything this week, but Elex won me over with its interesting setting. I'll get Fire Emblem Warriors, South Park, Dungeons 3, Chaos;Child, Life Is Strange, and Etrian Odyssey V someday.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EddieA wrote: »
    I wasn't planning on buying anything this week, but Elex won me over with its interesting setting. I'll get Fire Emblem Warriors, South Park, Dungeons 3, Chaos;Child, Life Is Strange, and Etrian Odyssey V someday.

Be sure to let us know what you think after dive into Elex! If I had more time and free money right now (or the other way around) I'd definitely be playing it as well.
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Front row tickets to a December showing of Cirque du Soleil: Varekai