Should I buy Destiny 2, for PC?

mirage775
mirage775
All I keep hearing/reading are bad reviews of PS4/Xbox players on Destiny 2. I never played the 1st one, since it never came out on PC... My brother bought 2, for the PS4 and within a few weeks, had 2 capped toons with all the best gear.

That's kinda sad... I played WoW off and on for over 10 years and loved it for the most part. I also wasn't aware that Destiny was more or less a SP game, until my brother told me. That's sad too...

Anyway, since it comes out in 2 weeks, I thought I'd ask around?

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited October 2017
    Well, I think if you like sort of linear, corridor shooters like Gears of War or the less-open levels of the Halo games, then you'll probably like it.

If you like grinding for new loot and watching magic numbers get higher, then you'll probably like it.

If you loved the raids in WoW and really want that kind of coordinated, difficult content with a much smaller group of people, you'll probably like it.

If you want a game to relax with playing online while chatting to a few friends and grinding out the same content, you'll probably like it.

If you don't mind playing the same content over and over and over, you might like it.

Personally it's not for me, but I think it scratches a certain itch for some people and it does that well. People that like to play it REALLY like to play it.
  • mirage775
    mirage775
    GT Member
    My brother told me today, that it's fun, there's just not much to do after the raids. I was planning on buying it. I like all those styles of games you mentioned. I also like TC The Division, but my brother didn't like it at all.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    mirage775 wrote: »
    My brother told me today, that it's fun, there's just not much to do after the raids. I was planning on buying it. I like all those styles of games you mentioned. I also like TC The Division, but my brother didn't like it at all.

Yeah, if you didn't mind the bullet sponge enemies of The Division and you like all that other stuff it seems definitely worth a try for you.

For what it's worth, the beta looked very pretty and ran really well, so that's nice.
  • mirage775
    mirage775
    GT Member
    I missed the beta... They never emailed me about, as they were supposed to and the day it ended was the day I downloaded it....
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    I liked both Destiny games, but burned out on them pretty quickly. I'm not good enough at FPS games to contribute in the group content, as I'm much more of a liability than an asset. I tried MP a few times and got utterly destroyed (4 matches, 2 kills, and both of those were mostly on accident).

The single player campaign is pretty fun though.
  • SMWade
    SMWade

Hello Mirage! Agree with your brother. I bought Destiny 2 and its really fun to play. You can buy it Online and also Watch demo [Click here for demo]. It"s new characters makes it much more interesting.
  • mirage775
    mirage775
    GT Member
    SMWade wrote: »

Hello Mirage! Agree with your brother. I bought Destiny 2 and its really fun to play. You can buy it Online and also Watch demo [Click here for demo]. It"s new characters makes it much more interesting.

Hey Wade! I bought it Wednesday and have played it a little throughout this week. Beat the campaign yesterday and been doing as much as I can to get to 300 power, currently at 267. Did you get it for PC? Add me, if you want?
  • SMWade
    SMWade
    GT Member
    SMWade wrote: »

Hey Wade! I bought it Wednesday and have played it a little throughout this week. Beat the campaign yesterday and been doing as much as I can to get to 300 power, currently at 267. Did you get it for PC? Add me, if you want?
    You are doing great! Keep Playing.

• mirage775
    mirage775
    GT Member
    Just FYI, I haven't played this, since the last time I replied on October 29th.... It just got so repetitive...