Weekend Playlist - 10/13/17 Edition

Soulchilde
So, I'll be playing Destiny 2 and playing mostly Iron Banner event till I get that Warlock armor. Typically I don't like Destiny PvP, but since TTK has been dramatically slowed down and Supers are no longer a game changer like D1 I find myself enjoying the Crucible much more than I thought.

What are you playing?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Gratch
    GT Member
    Hoping to finalize which class I want to land on to use one of my Guild Wars 2 level 80 boosts. Leaning towards boosting a new Revenant or a Guardian, but we'll see.

Probably spend some time with Culdcept Revolt, which is far more fun than I was expecting.

My enthusiasm for Dragon's Dogma is starting to seriously wane, so I may jump back to Divinity 2.
  • Purge
    GT Member
    I have Watch Dogs 2 to finish. I may distract myself with a bit of Cuphead.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I'd like to crack open Middle-Earth: Shadow of War.
  • Mr. Feral
    GT Editor
    Cuphead co-op, which I haven't tried before, Aeon's End, and ending a 5e adventure by killing a kraken, (hopefully). I will also be cracking open Dragons Conquer America, so keep an eye out for that preview when it comes down.
  • damphyr
    GT Editor edited October 13
    I'm ping-ponging between Golf Story and Bear With Me, as I have deadlines on those two, but also sneaking half hour sessions of Stardew Valley like a freakin' crack addict.

It's just half an hour, no one'll know, I'm not hurting anyone. I can play just one more day....
  • katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    Y'know, I keep saying I'm going to save up for Super Mario Odyssey, but then random digital sales happen and I lose self control. Case in point, I'm going to be playing some Hatsune Miku Project Diva X this weekend because of the VR sale (and I don't even own a PSVR! It's just because there was a function for that on the game.)
    Other than that, I'm going on a trip in my favorite rocket ship (heh), so I guess my Switch will tag along with me. Finishing up a review for Sine Mora EX (spoiler: It's pretty good, totally worth the price tag), and playing some 88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition (spoiler: It's hilariously good).
  • uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    I gotta finish my write-up of the not-so-great Gundam Versus, play some Arktika.1, and might sneak some more Cuphead time in because my 8 yr-old keeps begging to watch me fail repeatedly some more.

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Andrew Mallon
    GT Member
    I'm going to try and finish Persona 5 this weekend. I think I'm at the final dungeon, but I thought the last dungeon I finished was the final one too. I've been playing this as my primary game since late April. I'm around 130 hours in, which already makes it the longest time I've spent playing a game so far.

I'll also try to.make progress in Metriod: Samus Returns. I was stuck for a few days but I scoured the map and noticed an elevator I missed. I really like the game and like how they used 3D to really improve the moody atmosphere of the game.
  • Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Got some group play in last night of PUBG, with middling success. Today was swallowed by last night's combination of whiskey and Benadryl. I doubt there will be much else tomorrow except maybe a few rounds of PUBG while I wait on the wife.
  • Gratch
    GT Member edited October 16
    Gratch wrote: »
    Hoping to finalize which class I want to land on to use one of my Guild Wars 2 level 80 boosts. Leaning towards boosting a new Revenant or a Guardian, but we'll see.

Probably spend some time with Culdcept Revolt, which is far more fun than I was expecting.

My enthusiasm for Dragon's Dogma is starting to seriously wane, so I may jump back to Divinity 2.

Lots of Divinity 2. Of all the new CRPG's, this is the first one that has come closest to evoking the spirit of Baldur's Gate's gone by. Either they dumbed it down enough for me to finally get or it just "clicked", but this is the first time in a long time that I've really felt comfortable with CRPG combat. I know how AP works, how the abilities work, what the stat rolls and checks do, etc. It's amazing how much more fun a game becomes when you can actually figure out how the hell to be successful at it.

I'm a little concerned about some of the issues that could crop up with a very open-ended game. For example, I have a quest that required me to talk to a specific guard in order to advance it. Problem is, I didn't uncover the note that told me to talk to that particular guard until well after I had already killed him. That sort of thing feels problematic, and I'm really hoping it won't come back to bite me in the ass down the road. As of right now, the quest is still active in my journal, with the next step being "Talk to Dead Guard X to get more information". Not quite sure how I'm going to actually complete it...

Played a bit of Culdcept Revolt as well, losing two battles when I landed on an opponents level 5 space. I'm sure it's just my imagination, but It's remarkable how the AI manages to land on the space between my level 5 territories over and over again, yet I somehow manage to land right on theirs...usually when I don't have any attack cards in my hand. Hmmmm...
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    I'd like to crack open Middle-Earth: Shadow of War.

Uh, nope. For some reason I'm having a hard time getting myself to start that game. Mostly I just ended up working over the weekend anyway, but I did play a bit more Jydge today.
  • coopasonic
    GT Member
    For the first time in living memory I didn't play any game of any kind all weekend.

I will be looking to make up for it this weekend. In my favor: my wife is out of town. Not in my favor: my kids are NOT out of town.
  • coopasonic
    GT Member
    For the first time in living memory I didn't play any game of any kind all weekend.

I will be looking to make up for it this weekend. In my favor: my wife is out of town. Not in my favor: my kids are NOT out of town.
  • Purge
    GT Member
    I have Watch Dogs 2 to finish. I may distract myself with a bit of Cuphead.
    coopasonic wrote: »

coopasonic wrote: »
    For the first second time in living memory I didn't play any game of any kind all weekend.

FTFY