Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    jztemple2 wrote: »
    EngineNo9 wrote: »
    Tiny bit of footage from Dakar 18 as they try to stay on the road

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Yeah, the potential has me super [cautiously] excited. And here's some footage of jamming in the dunes of Peru to check out:

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited June 15
    BeamNG.drive and Automation have announced a tie-in between the physics-heavy driving thing and the game that lets you design your own cars, which seems like a pretty cool collaboration:

I just posted about this as well over on OO. This is very cool as it was the one thing about Automation that was missing for me, the ability to actually drive the car you designed.

Totally. Not being able to drive a car you designed is a real bummer, so it's very cool they've found this way to make it all work.

Also, sometimes I feel like I should just give up on posting here and go live over at OO, but it just doesn't feel like home. Largely because they still have separate PC and Console forums, I think.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Sky Noon launch trailer

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    LEGO The Incredibles launch tailer

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Lego The Incredibles Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Rent, Never Touch?"

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Top 5 Indie Game Hidden Gems - June 2018

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Something about trying to translate The Incredibles into LEGO just seems off to me. Of course, there's so many backlogged LEGO games for me, I'll be in no hurry to pick this one up.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Isgrimnur wrote: »
    Something about trying to translate The Incredibles into LEGO just seems off to me. Of course, there's so many backlogged LEGO games for me, I'll be in no hurry to pick this one up.

I started it last night (after getting to see the movie yesterday afternoon [soooo good]), and I really enjoyed it. It feels less over-burdened than the recent Marvel games, and gave me a Lego City vibe as soon as the opening sequence finished.

I only meant to play for an hour or so, but I found myself staying up way too late, trying to clear out the area of the town where they sent me.

One thing I wondered about was how they were going to flesh out the character roster, since that seems to be a big draw for these games, but it all clicked when I suddenly unlocked Dory!

For me, it's got the checklist gameplay that I love in a less meandery environment. Of course, I'm barely past the very, very beginning, so who knows how well it'll hold up, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    PS4 Spider-Man Vs. Shocker Boss Fight Open-World Gameplay Walkthrough Demo (E3 2018)
    *locations I haven't seen in other videos.

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Also, sometimes I feel like I should just give up on posting here and go live over at OO, but it just doesn't feel like home. Largely because they still have separate PC and Console forums, I think.

Give it a little while and it would start to feel it. The audience is quite a bit bigger, but similarly stagnant. We are also getting a bit more console focused as we get older and less interested in messing with PC upgrades and expense. You'd save jzt, Gratch and I a bunch of time from bouncing back and forth too. ;)
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    The new Sanhok map comes to PUBG this week (and the game seems to be on sale at most online stores as well):

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »

Give it a little while and it would start to feel it. The audience is quite a bit bigger, but similarly stagnant. We are also getting a bit more console focused as we get older and less interested in messing with PC upgrades and expense. You'd save jzt, Gratch and I a bunch of time from bouncing back and forth too. ;)

Yeah, it just annoys me when so many games are cross platform these days to have separate threads for them in two separate forums, or to have to migrate one to the other because it's more popular.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited June 20
    INK launches on Switch today, bringing a bit of splatting fun to 2D platforming (already out on PC)

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Documentary on Gunfire Games:

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Haimrik launches its dark humored puzzle weirdness this week:

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    coopasonic wrote: »

Yeah, it just annoys me when so many games are cross platform these days to have separate threads for them in two separate forums, or to have to migrate one to the other because it's more popular.

Typically, one gets created in one location, and all discussion ends up there.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Assassin's Creed: Odyssey | Gameplay | Mykonos City Walkthrough

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited June 26
    Dakar '18 shows off a bit more of the Peru sand dunes:

as well as a variety of terrain in Bolivia:

And also Argentina:

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    The Free Ones looks like a cool first-person grappling hook/gliding adventure game coming in July

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I Hate Running Backwards got a "MegaUpdate", and is coincidentally on sale on Steam, of course

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited June 27
    After more than 10 years of development, Youropa has finally launched on Steam! Looks like a neat puzzle adventure.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    The Crew 2 Wild Road launch trailer

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance - From the Ashes expansion will let you build up and rule your own little hamlet:

• jztemple2
    jztemple2
    GT Member
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance - From the Ashes expansion will let you build up and rule your own little hamlet:

Sounds interesting, but I burned out on the original game because of the bugs and the repetitive gameplay. Maybe I might get around to trying it again.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member

Sounds interesting, but I burned out on the original game because of the bugs and the repetitive gameplay. Maybe I might get around to trying it again.

Yeah, I bought it when it was on sale but I had been waiting for everything to get smoothed out before I start playing. I know they've put out several patches already, so maybe when this hits will be a good time for me to jump in.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    State of Decay 2 adds in the Independence Pack DLC today. Doesn't seem like enough to really make me want to go back again yet.

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Slitherine's Warhammer 40k Gladius will be hitting Steam in just a couple weeks:

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Mothergunship is going to blast your face off starting July 17:

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Top 10 Games Missing from E3 2018 - Easy Allies
    * Big bucks spent on the balloons.